• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Neutralizor

So since Hearthfire is coming soon (atleast for the Xbox) i thought it would be cool if you guys shared what kind of house you will have personally i'm looking to build a tower to live in. So what will you guys build? A small hunters shack or a huge manor? Please share your ideas :)

raven63

I'm thinking of making a Dark manor in morthal fully upgraded a place to keep my dead thrall corpses, hunter shack in falkreach and mansion in the pale

My decision will wait until I see how many I can have.
It would be fun to have small shacks scattered around & a castle & a lake house & of course an evil lair high on a mountain.

I actually came here today to post a thread, but think I will add it in here.
I loved the manor we got in Oblivion. I absolutely love that I'll be able to build & add on to what I have in Skyrim.
Who else has desperately wished that they will let us 'claim & fortify' various towers, castles, keeps, shacks, etc that we discover?

Mi-Ilu Yahaz

hmmmm I actually haven't thought about it... maybe a mages tower kind of thing, since my main character i play is a mage, or a manor that looks like a dwemer or even an alyeid ruin (second part would most likely not be possible... maybe snow elf style then?) cause they have shinies... And it will be be built out in the middle of freakin-no-where so random npc will stop teleporting in my house telling me the something over and over again (Esbern and Delphine)!!!

I'm still hoping for the ability to buy a piece of plot in Winterhold where the abandoned houses are located for a cheap price and then to build a huge manor. And if I have the title of Arch-Mage, not only will I have a bigger house then the Jarl there. I'll be the most powerful figure located in Winterhold.

Sadly, Bethesda is probably not considering this idea. However I'm happy that a plot will most likely be located in the tundra of Dawnstar. I'm still hoping for a plot to be located near the city though. I want most of the plots to be located in the middle of nowhere, so it's peaceful where my character lives. But I want at least one house close to the city. I know you can buy houses for that, but I want to have a customizable one near the city.

Mi-Ilu Yahaz

I'm still hoping for the ability to buy a piece of plot in Winterhold where the abandoned houses are located for a cheap price and then to build a huge manor. And if I have the title of Arch-Mage, not only will I have a bigger house then the Jarl there. I'll be the most powerful figure located in Winterhold.

Sadly, Bethesda is probably not considering this idea. However I'm happy that a plot will most likely be located in the tundra of Dawnstar. I'm still hoping for a plot to be located near the city though. I want most of the plots to be located in the middle of nowhere, so it's peaceful where my character lives. But I want at least one house close to the city. I know you can buy houses for that, but I want to have a customizable one near the city.

i wish they would make it available too. i just don't understand why they haven't rebuilt the town yet. hasn't it been a hundred years since the great collapse. way to procrastinate jarls, i'm pretty sure they're thinking, "Too lazy to fix this mess, the next jarl will do it." (please correct me if im wrong but thats just ridiculously ironic)

i wish they would make it available too. i just don't understand why they haven't rebuilt the town yet. hasn't it been a hundred years since the great collapse. way to procrastinate jarls, i'm pretty sure they're thinking, "Too lazy to fix this mess, the next jarl will do it." (please correct me if im wrong but thats just ridiculously ironic)
My guess is that nobody wants to live in the dump and there paranoid that another collapse would happen, or that there scared off by the College. I have over 250,000+ gold so I really wouldn't care if my manor collapsed into the sea of ghosts, lol.

Mi-Ilu Yahaz

My guess is that nobody wants to live in the dump and there paranoid that another collapse would happen, or that there scared off by the College. I have over 250,000+ gold so I really wouldn't care if my manor collapsed into the sea of ghosts, lol.
College: For the LAST time, it wasn't us! Have you ever considered that the destruction of the Red Mountain caused it?
Jarl: Nope, DENIED, your logic is fallable.
College: Your face is fallable...
Once again, the people of skyrim can't seem to get their carp together lol!

raven63

Btw, does anyone know any costs ot items needed for building?

I have heated rumors it suppose to upwards to 500,000 to build a fully furnished house

raven63

If that's the cost, I have no where close to that number. I only have a little more than 20 grand

I believe most of the cost is raw material witch you can find by mining looting ect I only have 10 grand because i forgot where I put the other million

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
With my millions of cash, my hero like status that rivals the Gods, Building a house is all well and good, but ah where the hell is my Army, I could fund a Military Campaign, I want my legions of hired men.

I don't want a little manor I want a Fort with towers and catapults and men willing to die or be executed for cowardice. Or Executed out of boredom.

raven63

I doubt it will cost that much since building all rooms in the Dawnstar Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary only costed 20000

Your probely*spelling* right it a rumor but it would be nice if it was Fairly expensive it suck having upwards to 200,000 and nothing to really spend it on

Side note I hope the dlc comes with toggles for hardcore mode it would make since of you need to eat and sleep with this dlc

stagnant94

I'm actually more excited than this for dawnguard. i just really hope it comes for PS3 cos I'm worried it won't. i know this is a boring topic but it would really suck :sadface:

stagnant94

shadowwraith

Your probely*spelling* right it a rumor but it would be nice if it was Fairly expensive it suck having upwards to 200,000 and nothing to really spend it on

Side note I hope the dlc comes with toggles for hardcore mode it would make since of you need to eat and sleep with this dlc

Mind you Proudspire Manor in Solitude was 25,000 to buy and 11,000 to upgrade.
Although i preferred Hjerim in Windhelm as it had more space, and a cool looking hidden room for enchanting and alchemy.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts