Hearthfire DLC: Who to adopt?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Usulama

I bought hearthfire yesterday. Visiting the orphanage in Riften, I noticed one little girl named Runa, who dearly promised she would do chores and be kind/strong/smart/the best daughter ever.
The rest of the orphanage kids were more like "Meh, I suppose you can adopt me or whatever", so I went with her.

I know you can adopt another kid and I really wanna do that! I also know you can pick up children from the streets.
Who do you suggest?

Usulama

I'm thinking about turning Lars Battle-Born into an orphan and adopt him.

Always had a thing out for his dumbass parents anyway.

Finnsson

Prince of Denmark
As an assassin, kill Amren and Saffir, adopt Braith, and mold her into your successor. She already has a degree of ferocity in her, so when you introduce her to Sithis, it's on.

Let the training begin...

Usulama

As an assassin, kill Amren and Saffir, adopt Braith, and mold her into your successor. She already has a degree of ferocity in her, so when you introduce her to Sithis, it's on.

Let the training begin...

But I already adopted Runa. If anyone's a tiny assassin, it's her.
After you kill Grelod the Kind she says, and I quote, "Kill one person, and you can solve so many problems. I wonder at the possibilities."
Now that's my girl.

Finnsson

Prince of Denmark
Usulama said:
But I already adopted Runa. If anyone's a tiny assassin, it's her.
After you kill Grelod the Kind she says, and I quote, "Kill one person, and you can solve so many problems. I wonder at the possibilities."
Now that's my girl.

Absolutely morbid. o_O

By adopting Braith, Runa will have a training partner! You can even open your own assassin academy. The Night Mother School of Blood and Fear.

Usulama

Absolutely morbid. o_O

By adopting Braith, Runa will have a training partner! You can even open your own assassin academy. The Night Mother School of Blood and Fear.

There is nothing about this idea that doesn't kick ass in every way.
Still, Braith is kind of a brat. There's no discipline there.
And Lars Battle-Born is young, scared, easy to mold. On top of that his family name has left marks on Tamriel's history, making him influential by default even if he's just a kid.

AND I hate his parents. I want to make him an orphan so bad.

Finnsson

Prince of Denmark
Usulama said:
Still, Braith is kind of a brat. There's no discipline there.
And Lars Battle-Born is young, scared, easy to mold. On top of that his family name has left marks on Tamriel's history, making him influential by default even if he's just a kid.

AND I hate his parents. I want to make him an orphan so bad.

True, an assassin needs disipline, and Braith is... lacking. And I love Lars like he's my own, even if he is a milk-drinker. But it's the milk-drinkers you have to watch out for in the future, so he might be a viable candidate.

I hate his entire family. Hate them. :mad:

Usulama

True, an assassin needs disipline, and Braith is... lacking. And I love Lars like he's my own, even if he is a milk-drinker. But it's the milk-drinkers you have to watch out for in the future, so he might be a viable candidate.

I hate his entire family. Hate them. :mad:

And I hate Braith for bullying him, even if she just wanted a kiss.

Usulama

Oops, I killed all the Battle-Borns I could and Lars is still not setting foot inside the Riften orphanage.

Probably a glitch, but still...
Who else?

Karen

boop.
I never adopted her, but I like Sissel from Rorikstead. Granted, almost all the default orphans have tragic stories and are polite and all, but I felt really bad for Sissel, since both her sister and her dad beat her and are jerks to her. She's already learning magic, apparently, and the vanilla Dawnstar sanctuary's kind of lacking in mages. :p

She also has dreams/visions of Paarthurnax, apparently, interesting kid.

And she sent me a thank you note after I killed her papa.
2012-12-27_00001_zps96a7e670.jpg

dovaqueen

I adopted Runa too. She's really sweet. And after I sniped Lemkil with my bow, I adopted Sissel at the orphanage. (Yes, I'm terrible - but he was a mean father that would beat on her so he had it coming.)

PauletteDova

Royal Assassin----
I never adopted her, but I like Sissel from Rorikstead. Granted, almost all the default orphans have tragic stories and are polite and all, but I felt really bad for Sissel, since both her sister and her dad beat her and are jerks to her. She's already learning magic, apparently, and the vanilla Dawnstar sanctuary's kind of lacking in mages. :p

She also has dreams/visions of Paarthurnax, apparently, interesting kid.

And she sent me a thank you note after I killed her papa.
2012-12-27_00001_zps96a7e670.jpg
If she was THAT interesting, I should have adopted her instead of picking up children off the streets who play with a skeever and always begging me for money, then gives me useless POTIONS all the time.

Bethesda didnt consider Killable Children in their next update for the game?
Another "CHILD" I would love to adopt would be Babette. God shes awesome.
And I can always buy things from her then go in her little kiddie chest and take back the money while shes not looking :rolleyes:

Then again I hate how these children wander around the place. I mean, I was trying to find some child who can be adopted near some mine, he/she wasnt there. It pissed me off so much.

Karen

boop.
If she was THAT interesting, I should have adopted her instead of picking up children off the streets who play with a skeever and always begging me for money, then gives me useless POTIONS all the time.

Bethesda didnt consider Killable Children in their next update for the game?
Another "CHILD" I would love to adopt would be Babette. God shes awesome.
And I can always buy things from her then go in her little kiddie chest and take back the money while shes not looking :rolleyes:
Well, I think once adopted, all kids pretty much say and do the same things - ask for money, bring home pets, etc. They even have the same dialogue, far as I can tell.

Is Killable Children banned? Not sure, but that's what I heard a while ago. I have a mod called Xvision Children now, and it's really only supposed to change the way the kids look, but it also makes them killable.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts