has smithing been nerfed?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

cludo95

basicly iv started a new playthrough and i tried using two blacksmith potions to improve my steel swords/bows/armor which i have the perk for but it does not increase the damage of the weapons or the armor rating, any one know if its been nerfed?

tragik

Premium Member
I am not sure if this is the correct answer but I wonder if your smithing perks are not high enough (like legendary) would that negate the potion?

modi

The only thing that I can figure is that you already have your weapons or armor maxed out or you don't have a high enough level to improve them any more yet.

LXhero

I have tried various ways of enchanting armour to fortify smithing and have found the maximum smithing fortification is 28 on 4 items, which is a total of 112, the items are Bracers, Body Amour, Necklace and Ring. You can buy blacksmith elixers which will give you a further 50% on top. These only work for improving. I have seen through various youtube videos that if you max out your alchemy and have the relevant perks (plus a fortify alchemy set of armour) you can create a smithing potion that gives 140%. So I am now working towards upping my alchemy. You can only get the benefit of one potion btw, so if you drink 10 blacksmith elixers you will still only get a 50% improvement which you get from one potion.

LXhero

Oh smithing levels are roughly levels 0 - 30 novice - Fine, 30-50 aprentice - superior, 50-70 adept - Flawless, 70 - 90 expert - epic, level 90-100 master - legendary.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts