Has anyone tried this yet?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Fife

I'm leveling up a character right now to try the following, but if someone has already tried it, please let me know. The idea is:

[1] Cast Flame Cloak
[2] Cast Invisibility
[3] Sneak up around enemies and watch them burn without noticing you.

asparticus_maraudius

I am asparticus fear my wrath!!!!!!
I'm leveling up a character right now to try the following, but if someone has already tried it, please let me know. The idea is:

[1] Cast Flame Cloak
[2] Cast Invisibility
[3] Sneak up around enemies and watch them burn without noticing you.

yah no I have not tried that yet as in for invisibility illusion magic do you know how I could use invisibility magic because I am trying to get that really really badly I want it so bad.

I have tried to use an invisibility potion that lasted me for like 18 seconds it was crap but it did the job as i was on emperor sithis ship old bastard was sleeping in his bed when I used the potions of invisibility.flame cloak I do not know about that one sneaking up behind someone yes and I love that its fun.

Fife

It seems spells are made available to you as you advance your skill level in the tree. For example, Flame Cloak was available to my lv 12 character because I had really high Destruction. Whereas they wouldn't even offer it to my lv 60 character because his Destruction level was low.

If you want Invisibility, you need to level up your Illusion. I suggest first purchasing Muffle. Once you have around ~50 Illusion skill points, then go to Tolfdir in the Winterhold College. He's the friendly old guy in the hall that is teaching the students when you first enter the college (kind of a hippified version of Dumbledore).

as with most uses of invisibility in any game, as soon as you attack the invisibility stops. For this game I have not confirmed that, but I can tell you that when invisible I backstabbed a Master Vampire and immediately turned visible. I had a 40 second potion going so I know I didn't run out of time.

Professor Skalvar

General of the Euphoric Gentleman's Club
as with most uses of invisibility in any game, as soon as you attack the invisibility stops. For this game I have not confirmed that, but I can tell you that when invisible I backstabbed a Master Vampire and immediately turned visible. I had a 40 second potion going so I know I didn't run out of time.
Actually, casting any spell right after casting Invisibility immediately makes your character visible.

For this to work, I would say cast Flame Cloak first and then cast Invisibility. Another tip would be to dual-cast Invisibility if you have enough magicka. It doubles the duration, so you can easily achieve at least 400 points of damage within a minutes time. The only concern I have about this method is how likely you are to be discovered because of the damage being delivered to the NPC. After all, casting Destruction spells on them have usually resulted in trying to find out who's behind all the shenanigans.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts