• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

doug.c.wagner

This may have already been mentioned somewhere on this thread but I was just wondering if anyone else wished they would have included a Fallout New Vegas style Hard-Core Mode, they could have done the weapon and armor durability as part of the mode too. Just a thought.

wheato

Premium Member
I've never played New Vegas. What is Hard-Core mode?

NikolaTesla

Admiral Sunna Kyndai
Basically "Hardcore" mode is where you NEED to eat and drink to survive, you NEED to sleep otherwise you collapse, bullets and or arrows weigh varying amounts, and it even restricts how much money you can carry by weight limit, basically it is more "real" although fighting dragons would be 20 times harder in "hardcore".

morguen87

|\/| P |/\|
I've never played New Vegas. What is Hard-Core mode?
It was basically a way of enhancing the role play aspect. Like you had to keep your character hydrated, fed, and rested and injuries were a bit more unforgiving.

I don't know, taking the time to go to the inventory and eating something (food is plentiful) wouldn't really be challenging. It would just get kind of annoying. Water and beds are everywhere in Skyrim too. For being a frozen tundra there are sure a lot of random beds just out in the woods...

wheato

Premium Member
That sounds good. You could impliment your own rules if you wanted though without another mode. Just pretend that arrows, gold, and other things have a weight, and go to sleep when you think your character would need it if he did get tired. If you're into roleplaying anyway, you should be able to use your imagination for that kind of stuff.

Garrison

I like a little balance... Oblivion had weapon/armor degradation, as well as the 'hard' encumbrance rule. Both have been removed in Skyrim, and while it may be less realistic, it enhances the game play, imho.

That said, an optional mode to try would indeed be interesting.

doug.c.wagner

That sounds good. You could impliment your own rules if you wanted though without another mode. Just pretend that arrows, gold, and other things have a weight, and go to sleep when you think your character would need it if he did get tired. If you're into roleplaying anyway, you should be able to use your imagination for that kind of stuff.

That's a good suggestion but this game sucks me in so much that without a system to remind me that my character needs to eat, drink, or sleep I'd totally forget about it. I've already lost countless hours of sleep and missed many meals in the real world because of this game!

Migaluch

If there's a hardcore mode, will we have to "activate" trees in order to avoid crapping ourselves, therefore causing embarrassing comments by people like when you are a Werewolf? I can totally see people saying "Orcish armor huh? I used to have a... wait a minute. UGH did you pl*ps yourself?? Get away from me!"

Total immersion.

A5ko

Dual-Wielding Dragon Destroyer
Hardcore mode really would put a stop to your adventuring with an arrow to the knee.

Anarki

Hardcore mode would be great. Even when you are into roleplay sometimes you might cheat yourself and do something you "weren't" supposed to do.

but Wheato has a great point. Do it yourself!

I'd add another point to the hardcore fans: never fast-travel.

doug.c.wagner

Hardcore mode would be great. Even when you are into roleplay sometimes you might cheat yourself and do something you "weren't" supposed to do.

but Wheato has a great point. Do it yourself!

I'd add another point to the hardcore fans: never fast-travel.

I like the point of never fast-traveling, one of my favorite things about the Elder Scrolls games (and Fallout games) are the massive open worlds. I spend hours just wandering from town to town chasing down any undiscovered location icons on my compass and looking for small unmarked locations and short scripted events.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts