Hail Fellow Adventures!!!

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Sargeant_002

As I'm new to this forum and it's customary to start with a this is me post - here goes!

My first name is Brian. I'm a father of two wonderful boys. We have another child due in November. Hoping for a girl. We live in central Vermont. I enjoy video games (of course!), cars, computers, hanging out with friends and meeting new ones and my family. Run of the mill typical 30 something male...

As far as Skyrim goes I love this game! I've got a decent collection for my 360 yet Skyrim captures most of my play time. I own Oblivion however never really managed to sink my teeth in...after playing Skyrim I may find it easier to go back and enjoy the previous ES chapter.

My youngest is needing food and a potty break - tty all soon!

Brian-

dunklunk

You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die.
Greetings and cheers, Brian! I would hope you're a fan of cars, what with that VW logo as your avatar. ;) I can appreciate that, though I'm a fan of motorcycles. Isn't Vermont where they make Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream? YUM! <3

Don't do it, man. I went back and tried to get back into Oblivion, and I just couldn't. Just about everything about the game was a let down. Judged on its own, the game's awesome. Comparing it to Skyrim? No chance, and not fair.

A third child due, huh? Congrats on that and hats off to you, sir, for I know not where you find the time to play. :) Anyway, have fun here and happy adventuring! (in between potty breaks, of course) :Dovahkiin:

Panshi

New kitten on the block
Welcome on this forum, Brian :)

I find it awesome that, while being kept so busy by your little ones, you plan some time for gaming. Skyrim sure is an immersive break from everyday life :)

Take care,

Sargeant_002

Thank you both! I'm playing right now. Still fairly young I most time must sacrifice a little sleepy time to enjoy Skyrim.

I'm on car #42 and I'm quite happy with this one. It's a TDi so I get great fuel economy.

Oh and I also ride motorcycles. I'm in my third season of riding. LOVE IT. That's something that's hard to find time for with kids however! ;)

Brian-

dunklunk

Pah! Sleepy time is so over-rated. Skyrim is your life-source now. But then, you already knew that, right? ;)

Car #42?! Forty-two cars you've had?! Hot Wheels don't count, now. Cuz I've had tons of those. What's your bike of choice, man? With kids? That's when you invest in a side-car. Oh yes. :D

Sargeant_002

I'll break out the list of my vehicles. I've kept track. Damn OCD!

I currently have a 09' Honda Shadow Spirit C2 750. I started with an 03' R6 however it was used and abused...got the deal on my Shadow so I sold the R6....probably not the best first bike oh and my work commute it some 27 miles one way. The Shadow is a lot more comfortable. I got the R6 10 years to late I'm afraid! ;P

I'm thinking about the new Ninja 1000 however with insurance rates I'm more likely to end up with the 650. I also like the Stryker 1300. I'd love a bigger bike now.

Brian-

dunklunk

Yeah, 27 miles one way on a Shadow vs. an R6? Shadow ftw! I'm still enamoured with my GSX-R750. Took me and my wife to Monterey, CA and back. World Superbike round at Laguna Seca Raceway, you un'erstan'. ;) Awesome trip, shared with five other motorcyclists.

I agree. That Ninja thou is sweet. You're married with three kids. Surely they can cut you some kinda deal, insurance-wise. :)

Sargeant_002

I have Progressive. I should probably shop around. Not in the cards right off though. Need a van first. ;( crap!

Speaking of craptastic things...my lovely game just froze AGAIN! Dang you DG expansion. My sign it's time to turn in. It's 10 of 1AM here in VT.

Brian-

dunklunk

Always been with GEICO, as Progressive seemed to have sky-high rates. That could be because I ride a sportbike but am married with no kids. Wonder if your family has any effect on rates. 'Course, the kinda bike you ride certainly does.

I hear ya about those system freezes. I have four locations that I cannot access because once I try, the system freezes on me. Even with all the released patches, none of them have been addressed. Oh well. Just move on to the next one. :sadface:

Just started Dawnguard on Friday and so far, no freezes. Knock on wood. Nay, pound on wood! :D

Sargeant_002

Always been with GEICO, as Progressive seemed to have sky-high rates. That could be because I ride a sportbike but am married with no kids. Wonder if your family has any effect on rates. 'Course, the kinda bike you ride certainly does.

I hear ya about those system freezes. I have four locations that I cannot access because once I try, the system freezes on me. Even with all the released patches, none of them have been addressed. Oh well. Just move on to the next one. :sadface:

Just started Dawnguard on Friday and so far, no freezes. Knock on wood. Nay, pound on wood! :D

I may try a quote with GEICO for comparison sake. They we're a little cheaper with auto insurance however I've had Progressive since 1999 so I'm a loyal advocate.

Oh and yes - to the point earlier. VT is the home of Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream. We also have Cabot Cheese - their cheddar is AMAZING!!! "Worlds Best!"

Ok, on to play a bit and hope it doesn't freeze again.

Brian-

Start Dale

I got 99 problems but a Deadra ain't one.
Hey man i see you're into your German cars. What drew you to them?

I'm more of a Toyota/ Mazda chap myself, though thats as i grew up with Toyota vehicles so i know the way they are put together pretty well. Edging towards getting a Mazda next as they are definately a better looking range, better for driving too. when younger mates and i used to do a bit of dirt biking (we all chipped in and bought one) for fun and we used to take the roads on the bike after a few falls in one week i decided i'm not built for bikes. I do like the way they look though. Love road tripping in my car though with the missus. Best feeling, doing a tour of ireland in August.

Welcome to the forum, I'm enjoying Skyrim myself, have to say for the past month or few its been the only game i play. What type of adventuring do you go for in your game?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts