• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

sanguisdraconis

I started playing Skyrim shortly after launch in 2011. To be honest, I had never really played video games before then, but as many of my friends (including my best friend who is a long-time fan of the Elder Scrolls series) were talking about it, and I had a computer capable of running it, I decided to give it a go. Well, I can say that I was instantly hooked, and have been playing on and off since then. In my opinion, Skyrim epitomises the potential of the artform of video games: the freedom of choice, customisability, open-endedness and so on could not be replicated in any other medium. I have sunk about 150 hrs into the game since November 2011, across two characters -- an Imperial archer/warrior and a Nord battlemage -- whom I've since deleted in favour of a new Nord "pure" mage whom I started just this week. I know that's not a lot for some people, but I've been rather busy with my studies over the past year and a half, and, for all my love of Skyrim, school has always been a priority for me. :)

I joined these forums because I was frankly getting a bit lonely on my adventures. I've always found in searching for help online and that the community is one of the best aspects of the game, and I was tired of experiencing it only passively. You guys seem to be a really kind, intelligent bunch with a good sense of humour (the "You know you're addicted when…" thread comes to mind in this regard), and I'm looking forward to future discussions with you all. I'm planning on staying here for a quite some time, although don't count on my visits being especially frequent or regular, as I do have other commitments to handle as well.

One fun fact about me is that I actually play Skyrim on Mac OS X. So if you have any questions about the installation process, what software you need, the best settings to use, and how to install mods, don't hesitate to ask! Oh -- and another is that my username means both "Dragon Blood" and "Kin of the Dragon" in Latin!

Well, I think I've already gone on for too long, but I'd just like to say again that I am really excited to be part of this community!

-- Sanguis Draconis

Mewness

Trans-Neptunian Object
Hi and welcome to the forums. Skyrim makes a good introduction to videogaming =)

Reaper87

吉光
Welcome, sanguis! :D

(am I correct in saying that "sanguis" means "blood" in Latin? Are you a vampire? lol. So your name means "blood dragon" in Latin. That's cool. ;) )

sanguisdraconis

Yeah, I suppose it could also have the meaning "Blood Dragon". You're right about sanguis meaning blood, though draconis is a genitive (possessive) of draco, so my name technically means "Blood of the Dragon".

Plus sanguis has the added meaning of "kinsman" (i.e. someone joined to you by blood), so my name could also mean "Kin of the Dragon" -- in other words, Dragonborn!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts