• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
I decided to go with Hadvar instead of Ralof... My character is Imperial.

As much as I like the Stormcloaks for them wanting to be their own independent Skyrim (As I feel they should)... It seems like they are much more ruthless versus the Imperials.

Right when you get into the Keep, Hadvar tries to reason with the Stormcloaks but they attacked us.

Your opinions on it?

There probably has been threads before of the same topic, because I lurked here for awhile until I just made an account five minutes ago.

EDIT: And then once I reach the Torturer, it kind of turns me off knowing that the Imperials torture people.

Xiomn

I'm in a debate myself but i'm thinking of going with the Stormcloaks. My character is a Redguard and i have been reading the lore and on the basis that the empire stranded Hammerfell all on their own for the Thalmor to deal with i'm assuming that the Redguards dislike the Imperials more than the Stormcloaks. Besides if i'm correct i think Hammerfell is currently independent which i think they're happy with at the moment and i think the Redguards wouldn't mind helping the Nords become independent from the Empire as well so they don't suffer the same fate. However considering many Redguards left Hammerfell to escape all the stuff going on there and came to Skyrim they mite join up with the Imperials so they don't get kicked out of Skyrim because after all, the Nords want Skyrim to be for Nords only i think.

I'm in a debate myself but i'm thinking of going with the Stormcloaks. My character is a Redguard and i have been reading the lore and on the basis that the empire stranded Hammerfell all on their own for the Thalmor to deal with i'm assuming that the Redguards dislike the Imperials more than the Stormcloaks. Besides if i'm correct i think Hammerfell is currently independent which i think they're happy with at the moment and i think the Redguards wouldn't mind helping the Nords become independent from the Empire as well so they don't suffer the same fate.

True, I just think since my character is Imperial, he should go Imperial.

However I also like what the Stormcloaks stand for, Independence, freedom to worship Talos, etc...

The only thing I do not like is their prejudice towards other races, which is non existent in the Empire.

Xiomn

I personally would just go Imperial if my character was Imperial. I doubt Nords want imperials helping them reclaim what they believe is their land. I think they would want to tell their future children that a might Nord hero saved Skyrim rather than an inferior imperial.

Zrrg The Argonian

The King Of Lizards
*SPOILER ALERT*i went stormcloak cuz i mean imperials tried to ya know behead me an all that crap. stormcloak quest also gave me serpent stone location(dont know bout imperial but i killed rikke the army person legate rikke i think.) oh and if you hurry to catch alduin in sovngarde right before you do that end the war and you MIGHT see legate rikke in heaven when you make it there.

Vodnuth

My characters alternate between Stormcloak and Empire Legion but my favourite faction is the Stormcloaks. The reason I alternate is for variety and different RP options. I like the Stormcloaks best only because I must admit I have a rebellious nature, but other than that I see both sides of the war and I am fairly neutral as to who is in the right or wrong. The Empire Legion has their reasons which are very legitamite and that fact is likewise for the Stormcloaks.

Rathalos_lord_of_the_sky

-Bnahabra King-
Tho the stormclaoks have good intentions. nord nature wold mean if they did gain independce the economy would suffer ands there would prolly be onstant clan wars. I think the imperials keep them in line and whether they want to admit it or not they cant make it on their own. I do however oppose the elves as in them thinking they are greater than man.

Black-Tongue

Prey approaches...
I think Hadvar would kill Ralof in a 1v1 situation. Hadvar is a professional soldier. Ralof is a peasant with a war axe, just like the rest of the stormcloaks! :D

Everyone is concerned about the Talos thing. Do you think the nords would tolerate anyone worshipping daedra? What about the Hist? There is no such thing as free worship to the nords. They want only what they think is right. They aren't fighting for tolerance, they are fighting to re-implement their own regime.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts