Greold killed but no courier & no Brotherhood after repeated sleeps

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Euphrosyne

As above: 3rd char level 60 almost all side/daedric quests done and about to return the dragonstone and let it all hit the fan once I have found every site(about 20 to go)..taking a while as I am playing at master level and naturally I have to reload a lot.

But it has been weeks since finished innocence lost and no courier....any idea how to kick it off?

BTW if you first enter Solitude via the bottom door you get no execution either then or if you return thru the front gate..does this matter?

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki
You need to sleep. Find an inn or your residence.

Necromis

Also when you say you completed it. Did you go back to the young boy and let him know the dead was done? I know in your title you already said you ahve sleep repeatedly. However, it is not a complete quest until you return to him. Then you need to go to a town and wait for a currier, and then after the message is delivered sleep. BTW I tried for fun the other night and it doesn't have to be an inn, it can be any bed, I did it in my home bed. Think I might try a mine bed or something next time just for the fun of it. LOL

Necromis

LOL easy miss, but I know there are issues on this one where I thought it was done and it wasn't cuz I hadn't gone back and told him she was dead. I was aggrivated for an hour till I look at my journal and say go talk to him stupid. Well not exactly but that is what I felt like it was saying.

BSE

BTW I tried for fun the other night and it doesn't have to be an inn, it can be any bed, I did it in my home bed. Think I might try a mine bed or something next time just for the fun of it. LOL
When I did it, I slept in a random bedroll at a bandits camp and it worked, so it really doesnt matter where you sleep.

Necromis

Hmm, but what about a random bedroll in a dungeon while on another quest. That would be way interesting and might mess with scripting. I dunno, though I plan on finding out. :D

Thorn

In the Hist we trust
yeah it happened to me in the middle of a quick nap before a fort attack with the stromcloaks

Euphrosyne

Okay..have been away and unable to use usual PC.
Thank you for the replies although NONE were useful.
Innocence lost was completed correctly and I still have the Arretino artifact(see plate) in my inventory.
Since then, I have saved the life of two couriers and found the body of another and even helped Cicero move our "mum".

BUT!!!! Still NO "mysterious note" and despite probably >20 sleeps in many different beds, in many varied places, the vaunted brotherhood are not to be seen. I am almost tempted to snipe some poor passing b*****d as an innocent but have ethical problems here as I never wantonly kill in any game unless ordered to by a guild
(the same in all RPGs and it made Ultima Online very painful for me)

Is there a console way to initialise the next step as obviously the slack**** brotherhood cannot be bothered?

Superquark

How long are you sleeping for? In my case, it wasn't until I maxed out the timer at 24 hours that I got a visit. Probably not helpful, but worth a mention.

Euphrosyne

Hmm I think that I tried that.

BUT!!!!

Worth a repeat.

Many Thanks...I will let you know when I can lever my children away from the gaming PC : (

Superquark

No worries, just hope you find the solution! I've been there with other quests - I understand the frustration...

Euphrosyne

Hmmm.....been thinking...always a risk says my husband who is convinced(still) that for women, breast size is inversely proportional to intelligence....so:

Do you have to have the dragons initiated ( ie, handed in the dragonstone which has been wearing a hole in my pack) before you can join the brotherhood?

I am an archer (primarily but will finish up as a Destruction Con juror) but want a particular bow before I start the main questline and at master level & difficult dragons it takes one hell of a lot of arrows to bring even the "easy" ones down, so I have deferred it until I find the bow.

Perhaps THIS is why those arrogant SOBs (& DOBs : )) of the brotherhood refuse to acknowledge my errr Grelod disposing presence. Anyone know?

Necromis

from things that I am reading, waiting with the time option doesn't always work. Most people have just continued on with other side quests and things and around 4-5 game days the courier has shown up. Also you might try at night in towns to sleep in a bed even w/o the note as some also say they have been taken w/o having it. It could be a way to keep the quest from being broken if you are going dungeon to dungeon and miss the courier.

Superquark

I'm pretty certain that the note is NOT necessary to initiate the quest, mainly because I hadn't received it when I was visited.

Necromis

did you start the innocence lost quest first by talking to the kid in Windhelm? If you have not seen him you can still complete the quest by going to see him, accepting his quest and then telling him you killed her, he will just comment on how good the DB is.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts