Great game. Way too easy though

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Philip

Just wanted to post my 2 cents after putting in over 50 hours

This is a fantastic RPG, gorgeous landscapes, but way too easy once u figure out how to take advanatge of the games system.....exploits excluded.

I played a battle mage on master with no companion. Full destruction, conjuration, heavy armor, and yes of course enchanting.

Basically I'm running around in full daedric plate armor with 600+ hit points at level 50. I stopped putting points into magica around level 20 once i figured out destruction spells are free and i dont need magica. So running with 350ish mana is more than enough to summon pets and kill everything in my path.

Basic battles go as follows. Summon 2 pets (draemoras or atronachs). Thunderbolt or fireball everything to death. Impact is so OP it has no place in this game. I can stun lock the biggest bosses and dragons in the game indefinatly. NO challenge whatsoever.

With 30% spell block in alteration. Also enchanted 42% resists to all elementals, and of course 100% destruction reduction cost. Daedric armor I am unstoppable. Magic spells barely scratch me. Melee enemies bounce off of me. I can throw lightning bolts and fireballs to no end.

Great game well worth the money. But the game offers no challenge and hasnt offered a challenge since around level 25. oh well......great job bethesda but u released a game that just is way too easy for a mage. I enjoyed the first 20 hours i put into skyrim. I daydreamed about it for the first week of its release. But a game with no challenge is no good for me.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
mage is always an easy mode. I recommend you try some other character. I suggest ORC THIEF :]

nogz

So are you playing on novice or adept or what? Try master with no smithing. Now, that's a challenge for you.

L3ftyrighty

Of course the game is going to be easy if you break it.. infinity destro spells and just spam for impact. Trying playing a PURE MAGE - as in no heavy armor, put all if most points in magicka. Relying on your companion and pets to distract your foes while your mana recharges and you plan your next move.
THEN you will have your challenge; I don't understand how you people have fun if you're able to break the game beyond god mode on the hardest difficulty and say "pffft, easy"

Migaluch

For some reason I find playing as a warrior-type character to be quite a challenge at times. I played a little while on Expert, but got too tired of dying and went back to Adept. :/

J747L

At some point you have to adjust to keep the gameplay acceptable. I got 104% resist to all elementals (double 52% resist enchantment for three types of apparel). Then ALL, I mean ALL, including Dragon Priests, and Ancient Dragons stopped using elemental attacks on me. The Dragon Priests became an absolute joke, since they have only elemental attacks, when I faced them they did absolutely nothing but put up a ward spell against me. It's pathetic I tell you. Ancient Dragons just kept on biting, one was even afraid to land near me.

What I did? I crafted lower enchantments (46% resist) and was able to enjoy the pyrotechnics of the game again. Dragons resumed fire breathing on me and mages, including Dragon Priests started using elemental attacks again.

BTW I'm on master difficulty.

I can't imagine how easy it would be if I started summoning elementals or using companions since I never did. I always work alone. That said, the game can indeed be broken by power players. Sometimes, when I know that I'm faced against a weak opponent, I switch to a lesser trained weapon (double purpose, I level up the weapon mastery and get a challenge at the same time).

L3ftyrighty

I still don't understand why people would want to break the game and just have infinity this and ultimate one-hitter weapons. You might as well just play on lowest setting, =/

morguen87

|\/| P |/\|
I still don't understand why people would want to break the game and just have infinity this and ultimate one-hitter weapons. You might as well just play on lowest setting, =/
exactly, it's like playing with cheats and wondering why the game is easy...hmmm...I wonder....I'm sure it has nothing to do with exploiting the leveling system.

...way too easy once u figure out how to take advanatge of the games system.....exploits excluded.

But a game with no challenge is no good for me.
If you can't refrain from using exploits to avoid ruining the game for yourself then it's not a problem with the game, it's a personal problem.

Shew

Account closed (at sincere request).
the affrontery to complain to bethesda because you broke your game...., If your character isn't dieing once a day your playing too easy or have broken your game with enchantments or gear or something and you need to reinstate your own challenge

Nightmare Shadow

Master of Shadow
It's an RPG, it can only be too easy if you let it get that way! If you have infinite destruction magic, then don't use it use a sword or bound weapons. Change the way you play the game and make it challenging for you.

Novelty

wow, my ears are ringing from all the nonsense. It is too easy even with out exploiting. Hell it's so easy I finished the game with out even trying. It was so easy I was certain I was only half way through the main story and then the game falls flat on it's face and says: THE END.

Funny thing then is all the nerds come out of the wood work suggesting the game will be better if you fight naked. how stupid is that. GO HOME BITCHES.

Agincourt

'Cry God for Harry, England and Saint George!'
wow, my ears are ringing from all the nonsense. It is too easy even with out exploiting. Hell it's so easy I finished the game with out even trying. It was so easy I was certain I was only half way through the main story and then the game falls flat on it's face and says: THE END.

Funny thing then is all the nerds come out of the wood work suggesting the game will be better if you fight naked. how stupid is that. GO HOME BITCHES.

Sounds like something my kids would say TBH, Finish what??? there is no finsh line in this game, you can do what ya want in this game, yeah its easy to beat with exploits etc and if thats your game then Skyrim is defo not your game, immerse enjoy and just do what ya want thats Skyrim!!!

Nightmare Shadow

Master of Shadow
Wow did we just go back to high school? Nerds? Really? W/e lol if you're unable to actually delve into a game so immersive as skyrim then that's your problem, go play something more simplistic.

luvs2slpooge

i could easily create a character that could cut through the game like hot swiss cheese, but i choose not to. i start off by creating a role, and then sticking to that role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts