PC Gray triangles blocking my vision

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Cody_X

when i start skyrim (through steam) it gives me the launcher fine, and gets the the game menu fine aswell. The problem is when i start a game. The title appears, but then when i wake up on the cart, my vision just has triangles and other polygons flashing around my vision, all in grayscale.
Sometimes when there is a space, i will see npcs, or backround, etc. They appear to be rendered correctly, so i dont think i have graphics issues. If i leave the escape menu on for long enough, they go away as well, but return when i leave the menu.
The sound and dialouge are both fine, so i dont know. I have the lowest graphics settings, and have no idea what to do, as i cant find more than a few people with the same problem, and no fixes.

If you can help me, please do i would appreciate it greatly.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Do you have the most current drivers for your graphics card installed? You can also verify your game files to make sure none of the texture stuff got corrupted.

Cody_X

I have ( as far as i can tell) the most up to date driver...
How do i check files and tell if their corrupted or not? Im new to this kind of thing.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Well if you connect to Steam, there should be an option to verify the game files in one of the dropdown menus at the top, I believe. It's been a while since I've been on Steam so I'm not 100% sure.

What kind of graphics card do you have?

Cody_X

I cant find an option to verify, but there is one to "verify intergrity of the game files" which might be related?
My graphics card is a intel hd graphics, it came with my laptop

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
That's the one.

And I know the Intel embedded chip is notoriously horrible so I'm not sure if you'll get this to work. We can certainly give it a game effort, but typically, you at least need an actual graphics card.

Cody_X

i see. I know this computer isnt really a gaming computer, but my friends computer is very similar, and he runs starcraft with everything maxed. I sometimes can see the npcs or landscape, and it appears to be rendered correctly, so it makes me think the chip is atleast good enough?
Im not really sure though.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Well, there are the planes or polygons, then there's the textures that lay on top of them. Sounds like the planes are fine.

Does your laptop vendor happen to have any specialized driver software? Can you check the date on you current graphics driver?

Cody_X

well, the npcs are exaclty as i see them in lets-plays, so it makes me think its all good? Im not sure if theres any special software, i cant find the current date, where would that be found? ctr+alt+f12 doesnt tell me the date

Cody_X

Just a last question, do you think i have any hope at all, can i buy a new card, or any programs that help?
If theres nothing i can do, thanks anyways.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts