Goldenglow Estate a usable house?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

PelagiusIV

I was looking for some alternate house choices beside's the one's you can purchase in the cities when I came across a list that said if you intimidate Gulum-Ei in the thieves guild quest Scoundrel's Folly that it then becomes a usable house. I was wondering if anyone else has heard or tried this before. I just started the thieves guild on my current player and am not that far in yet.

Houses (Skyrim) - The Elder Scrolls Wiki

Listed under "Other Houses"

Gearuvagen

I know, You know
I must have looked at that page 5+ times and never noticed that. I'm also training up a Thief (Assassin & Vampire). I'll have to give it a shot though I seem to remember him laughing me off when attempting to intimidate him on my first guild playthrough.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
If I'm not mistaken, I think the bandits respawn. As far as containers go, no idea.
The mercenaries don't respawn. While I wouldn't trust anything on faith that's posted at the Wikia site for Skyrim, it's also listed as safe location at the UESP Skyrim Wiki site and the locations added to the Safe Locations are generally only placed there after they have been checked in the CK to verify that the "Never Resets" coding for the location has been enabled. Out of an abundance of caution I checked myself as well and it is indeed enabled.

standalone

What this means is that the entire interior behaves the same as a house that a player purchases from the Steward of a Hold and will prevent all containers from respawning regardless of whether they're individually coded to respawn or not.

Serebro Moniker

He who moves it moves it
Wait.
So with the Goldenglow Estate, we have a mansion, outside of a city, that we can gain access to for free, with an abundance of non-respawning containers...
and nobody told me about this?!

Osena

its been a couple months but i think it should be a useable home as you do get the deed for the house and lands

theoduck

If persimmons approach, Khajiit will smell them.
its been a couple months but i think it should be a useable home as you do get the deed for the house and lands

I just became guild master. I have the bill of sale. I killed everyone there a loooong time ago.

I just went back after the ceremony and the mercenaries have respawned. Whatever.

Correction -- no respawn. I guess I left one of them breathing before. Anyway, still can't open the gate. No key. Maven said she wanted the bill of sale, but I can't give it to her. Maybe she doesn't care because she's Jarl now. Probably just another loose end.

I think if you have the DLCs the Mercenaries don't respawn as they used to in my Goldenglow but once I got Dawnguard I had no more respawning mercenaries, I missed having them around as they upped my skills and they always had money on their bodies. Still its nice having Goldenglow sans mercenaries too.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts