PS3 Glitch; you can't "favorite" dual wielding items

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
I can't dual wield my two exquisite steel daggers through the favorites menu. If you try to select in in one hand and then another, it will just go into one hand. Once you equip one dagger, it doesnt fold out to display the second dagger by itself either.

However if you dual wield them through the menu, and then select then through the favorites without combining one of the daggers with another item it will dual wield them both when you select the one from the favorites menu.

Not a big deal, but annoying. Putting this out there for the devs to see.

ShadowMage

Article Writer
Might be your console or disk. Post things like this in the help section.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
1. This isn't a Bethesda Forum. There are no developers on this website. If you want to let Bethesda know about a bug or glitch, email them directly.

2. This problem has been around since launch. It's a design flaw not a bug. You can't put two identical items on your favorites list and Bethesda has been aware of the issue it creates for dual wielding for months.

redrkt

Premium Member
I can't dual wield my two exquisite steel daggers through the favorites menu. If you try to select in in one hand and then another, it will just go into one hand. Once you equip one dagger, it doesnt fold out to display the second dagger by itself either.

However if you dual wield them through the menu, and then select then through the favorites without combining one of the daggers with another item it will dual wield them both when you select the one from the favorites menu.

Not a big deal, but annoying. Putting this out there for the devs to see.

when you have multiple items like your daggers give them different names, that way you are not trying to select identical items, and yes you can do it this way.

Train

Is that all you got?!
Not just a PS3 issue, so that's kinda' inaccurate. If I'm dealing with dual weapons, and switch off of them for something else, instead of selecting the previous weapon, I merely deselect the one(s) I have and it automatically selects the dual wield. A simple fix, but annoying if you forget to do that.

What favorites menu? I use the PS3 and don't see a favorite menu nor do I have this issue. Longswords can't be duel wielded but regular can. I use to daedric swords and axes (the smaller ones) for duel wielding.
What do you mean by favorites menu?

when you have multiple items like your daggers give them different names, that way you are not trying to select identical items, and yes you can do it this way.

How do I name the daggers without enchanting them?

Also, mods, if you see any of my threads in the wrong section please move them. Also mods (or someone) please give me a link to where I may get in contact with Bethesda or please email them yourselves.

redrkt

Premium Member
What favorites menu? I use the PS3 and don't see a favorite menu nor do I have this issue. Longswords can't be duel wielded but regular can. I use to daedric swords and axes (the smaller ones) for duel wielding.
What do you mean by favorites menu?

when you are looking at a weapon in your items lists hit triangle (PS3) or Y (xbox) and it will add it to your favorites list, then just hit UP on the D-pad to bring that list up when you are in-game. Sorry not sure what the keyboard command is for that on PC/MAC.

Necromis

Ya know you would think that it would work like the spells. I mean if I have flames favorited, assigned to 3 (PC), and then hit 3 twice it puts flames in both hands for dual wield, but if I try to do the same for my sword, dagger...etc., it just won't do it properly. I am thinking I will get rid of one of my swords and go sword and dagger instead for a while till I enchant my bow and blades later on. Don't know why with all the other patches they have not fixed this one issue yet.