• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Osiris

Child of the Sky
Hi guys, I'm gonna do a solid playthrough with an Orc, and wanted to know some of the lore behind them. I've searched google for some and i know all the main stuff, but wanted to know if there was anything interesting i missed. It can be from stories, games, etc.

Thank Youu

Attachments

• an orc.jpg
    an orc.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 9

Mi-Ilu Yahaz

1). They are the supposed 'offspring' of Malacath. Hence why some live in strongholds to worship him. However, there is a controversy between the Orsimer about whether they should worship Malacath, or the Aldemiri hero Trinimac (The Elder Elf who was said to be devoured by Beothiah and became Orc Malacath.) Like the Dunmer (once known as the Chimer), it is believed that the Orsimer's appearance comes from the actions of a Daedric Lord.
2). It was debatable if they are of elven descent or goblin-kin. In the year 1E 980, after the seige of Orsinium, the Orcs were seen no more than animals. Later discoveries proved that Orcs were indeed a breed of elf, thereby giving them the name of Orsimer.
3). They hail from Wrothgarian Mountains, Dragontail Mountains, and Orsinium
4). Most Orsimer pledge their services to the Imperial Legion, as they have proven to be fierce in combat and find that warfare and honor is the greatest way to prove ones worth (This does not apply to all Orsimer, it is more of a cultural perspective). Their high endurance and willpower makes them ideal warriors.
5). All 'traditional' Orsimer learn to smith at a young age, which is why their armor is considered the highest of quality, and is prized by most warriors.
6). Males and females are seen as equals in terms of service rank and respect. Though there are certain social norms that are expected from the males and females, which also is influenced by whether or not they live 'traditionally'.
7).They sill maintain a scarce and fragile relations with their Mer cousins.
8). Orsinium was officially recognized as a province in 3E 399, after the Imperial Empire began to increase trade and diplomatic negations with the Orsimer.
9). Orsimer who live in strongholds follow the 'Code of Malacath'.
10). Orsimer tend to be judged more upon their 'barbaric' appearance more than their cultural practices.
Will probably post more later...

Bad-People

Supreme Overlord of the Barbarian Tribe of Hothor
1) All orcs used to be ugly.
2) Now there are a couple of pretty hot ones.
3) But not terribly so.

TheDovahkiin

The Fabled Stealer Of Sweetrolls
1. Their vicious 2. They like meat 3. They serve Sauron............ Oh wait. They are offspring of Malacath, and are judged harshly on their appearance.

Bad-People

Orcs have the least distaste for horse-meat of any race.

Mi-Ilu Yahaz

1) orcs are the coolest of all races in tamriel
... I just thought of something. They're green, they're big, and you don't ever want to make them angry... HOLY CRAP!. Orcs are the Incredible Hulks of Tamriel!! >:D win

Osiris

Child of the Sky
Well, my Orc hates brushing his teeth

Mi-Ilu Yahaz

Thought you might be interested to know some books about Orcs in terms of folklore and scholarly insight.
1) The Wraith's Dowry
2) How Orsinium Passed to the Orcs
3) The True Nature of Orcs
4) Pocket Guide to the Empire 1st Edition: The Wild Regions (See under Orsinium) and 3rd Edition: Orisimium
5) The Pig Children
6) Father of the Niben
7) Dialogue of Wise-Women (I think that's the name... can't find it in my collection)
8) Notes on Racial Phylogeny (Just extra information for cross-breeding)

Bad-People

Pete

Here's my take
- Master the consumption of ale
- Apparently the Bretons and orcs warred against each other for a time (I was looking up the history of Bretons). So you know who to hate!

Kalin of High Rock

Faal Lun Vahdin
They are a flavor of elf, the Orsimer.

Despite this, they are universally hated even by their former elven kin.

Through out history, orcs were generally considered a species of beast-men (like the Argonian and Khajiit) and were treated as little more than raiders and monsters. Their lot improved when they were finally included within the Empire, though many people harbor hostility to them on a personal level.

Their city state of Orsinium has been destroyed several times in history by the Bretons, Redguard and Nords. It exists in the mountains between Skyrimm, Hammerfell and Highrock.

Most orcs revere the daedric prince Malacath. In recent times, however the priesthood of Orsinium has turned its back on the daedric prince, due to the long series of misfortunes that have befallen their land.

Their mountain homeland was considered a region of the imperial province of Highrock, until it was rebuild (again) and successfully petitioned Urial Septim VII to be named their own province.

Many orcs are fiercely loyal to The Empire. Enlistment in the Imperial Legion is a common path for young orc warriors looking to bloody themselves, or see the world beyond their clan strongholds.

Osiris

Child of the Sky
Thought you might be interested to know some books about Orcs in terms of folklore and scholarly insight.
1) The Wraith's Dowry
2) How Orsinium Passed to the Orcs
3) The True Nature of Orcs
4) Pocket Guide to the Empire 1st Edition: The Wild Regions (See under Orsinium) and 3rd Edition: Orisimium
5) The Pig Children
6) Father of the Niben
7) Dialogue of Wise-Women (I think that's the name... can't find it in my collection)
8) Notes on Racial Phylogeny (Just extra information for cross-breeding)
These are awesome!

Osiris

Child of the Sky
Here's my take
- Master the consumption of ale
- Apparently the Bretons and orcs warred against each other for a time (I was looking up the history of Bretons). So you know who to hate!
Damn Bretons!!