Giants harder then Dragons?? WTF?!

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Anecdote: Last night a dragon engaged me, I started casting a firebolt, then a giant and a mammouth started running at me.... passed right beside me, attacked the dragon and killed him... WTH, my kill! I killed em both to feel like I was not too opportunistic!

I had a similar thing to this happen to me the other night. I'm using a bow to try and hit the dragon. So I'm spinning in circles with my view skyward trying to follow the rotten thing. And I see the "tremor" on the screen. So now I'm thinking the dragon landed. Oh no... that'd be the mammoth and his giant friend rampaging in my general direction. I was not so fortunate as to have the new guys focused on the BIG DRAGON IN THE SKY. Nope, they wanted lil' ol' me. Pfft.

brandon

yeah i used to have that problem but last night after i got to level 40 and realized my light armor was at 427 i rushed into a gaint camp and shot a mammoth in between the 2 giants.(just to see what would happen) and they couldnt even send me flying now.( tried it with a lone gaint later.) but my war axe and mace combo killed them in one attack. the dragons get stronger blood dragons and frost dragons are like normal dragons were at level 20. but elder dragons can knock away some health atleast

J747L

There's this Frost Dragon on top of a mountain guarding a word wall that I casually visit. Most of the time I would engage and it will become distracted by a Giant camp nearby. The Giant always manages to kill the Dragon even when it's near full health.

On Giants however, I managed to kill one when I was low level (the level after killing your first dragon). I lured it so some ruins and kept the ruin collision between us then grinded his health down with low level elemental attacks.

Of course this is absurd since if the Giant has some sort of natural intelligence it would've just stepped over the ruins to get at me instead of going around. I think I exploited the AI there

brandon

There's this Frost Dragon on top of a mountain guarding a word wall that I casually visit. Most of the time I would engage and it will become distracted by a Giant camp nearby. The Giant always manages to kill the Dragon even when it's near full health.

On Giants however, I managed to kill one when I was low level (the level after killing your first dragon). I lured it so some ruins and kept the ruin collision between us then grinded his health down with low level elemental attacks.

Of course this is absurd since if the Giant has some sort of natural intelligence it would've just stepped over the ruins to get at me instead of going around. I think I exploited the AI there
i still manage to get the dragon souls no matter who kills them. as long as i hit it with one arrow or shout. and it gets distracted and flys away to fight something off in the distance and dies. doesnt seem to matter how far away i am the dragon soul still comes to me. but i also have a problem if i killed a dragon in that area before the new one doesnt give me his soul.

J747L

i still manage to get the dragon souls no matter who kills them. as long as i hit it with one arrow or shout. and it gets distracted and flys away to fight something off in the distance and dies. doesnt seem to matter how far away i am the dragon soul still comes to me. but i also have a problem if i killed a dragon in that area before the new one doesnt give me his soul.
yes, the recurring spawned dragon for the area stops giving dragon souls after the first kill. I use the dragon for some quick bow and melee weapon leveling that's why I still visit it sometimes.

Kerzechtus

Power Gamer
Kite Giants or simply blind side them with a melee swing, their huge melee swing can be avoided, it isn't an AoE. Their Stomp is what you got to watch out for though, they WILL spin to get you with it.

SaveVsBedWet

I melee giants with an ebony sword and without blocking. You can stagger them quite easily and their attack only does like 40 damage. The huge sabertooth-like cats are harder in my book.

LOL this is fun! I take the sabertooths down with two bow shots from my Orcish Shock Bow with only a +10 damage adjustment for electricity. Doesn't matter where in the body I hit them. In fact I killed one last night shooting it once from a distance in the butt and then waited until it leaped from point blank, crouched and got it in the face on the way over. It was dead by the time it hit the floor and I turned around.

One Giant hit me so hard with an uppercut that I actually flew high enough for satellite customers to tune their HD receivers to me instead of their satellites. I could literally see my house in High Rock from there. Balance = false.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
One Giant hit me so hard with an uppercut that I actually flew high enough for satellite customers to tune their HD receivers to me instead of their satellites. I could literally see my house in High Rock from there. Balance = false.

^^^ Too. Funny.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts