• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
Mammoths, however, are indeed evil. I was fighting a dragon, and the mammoth came over there and helped out. "Cool" I thought. When the Dragon was defeated, the mammoth decided his bloodthirst had not been quenched so he then attacked me.

Point is, though the Giants may not be evil, the mammoths they herd indeed are.
Funny you should mention that....

TESV2013-12-2619-26-39-86.jpg

JClarke1953

I don't know about Giant's being "friend's" as one afternoon I followed an NPC taking a cow to their camp. As I hid behind a boulder (my sneaking unobserved), I watched the cow go into the camp, then saw the Giant swing his club, sending the NPC into the air! I never found his body, but I wonder if that happens to all of them.

The one time Giant's and Mammoth's helped me is when I kited bandit's close to them, then kited the Giant's and Mammoth's and let them fight as I stood on an outcropping of rock to watch.

After the bandits lay scattered and squashed, the Giant's and Mammoth's came after me, lol!

Perkless in Skyrim

Bad to the Dragonbone.
Sometime I want to boost a character's Illusion skills high enough to affect a giant, then go call his mother a flea bitten old hag or some such and lead him on a merry chase through populated areas. Preferably ones where I don't normally see giants. The Fury is to entice others to participate in the fun in case they just want to hang back and watch me try to avoid getting pummeled and launched.

Hildolfr

It's a big hammer.
I don't know about Giant's being "friend's" as one afternoon I followed an NPC taking a cow to their camp. As I hid behind a boulder (my sneaking unobserved), I watched the cow go into the camp, then saw the Giant swing his club, sending the NPC into the air! I never found his body, but I wonder if that happens to all of them.

The one time Giant's and Mammoth's helped me is when I kited bandit's close to them, then kited the Giant's and Mammoth's and let them fight as I stood on an outcropping of rock to watch.

After the bandits lay scattered and squashed, the Giant's and Mammoth's came after me, lol!

Really?! I'm surprised to hear that the giants go after the guy with the cow. I've never followed one before...mainly because I never find them close enough to a giant camp. But that's fairly interesting to hear.

AS88

Staff member

Really?! I'm surprised to hear that the giants go after the guy with the cow. I've never followed one before...mainly because I never find them close enough to a giant camp. But that's fairly interesting to hear.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:World_Interactions#Farmer_leading_Painted_Cow_to_Giant_Camp
:)

Harc

Big Hog
On an interesting side note relating to Giants. In the Imperial Palace basement, there is giant sized furniture, a giant throne and also a giant club. Could be gifts for an Emperor, or perhaps a Giant once held a position of power in Imperial Politics sometime in the distant past.
Or a kinky BDSM experience that Emperor Meade always wanted to try

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
On an interesting side note relating to Giants. In the Imperial Palace basement, there is giant sized furniture, a giant throne and also a giant club. Could be gifts for an Emperor, or perhaps a Giant once held a position of power in Imperial Politics sometime in the distant past.

It is Mede. Secondly this was found during the reign of the Septim Emperor in Oblivion, so that doesn't work out in your time frame.

Harc

Big Hog

It is Mede. Secondly this was found during the reign of the Septim Emperor in Oblivion, so that doesn't work out in your time frame.
I meant he kept it there for use in the future :D

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage

Titus Mede, if we're talking about the same Mede during Umbriel Crisis. Was the best Military strategist of his time, Tiber Septim took the Imperial City with an entire army. Titus Mede took it with 1000 men, which is only a third of a single a Legion. Then he defeated another army with barely twice that, so he took the capital and then defeated an army. Without even a single full Legion.

No one be dissing the most skilled Emperor. Man was as sharp on the battlefield as he was in politics.

Harc

Big Hog

Titus Mede, if we're talking about the same Mede during Umbriel Crisis. Was the best Military strategist of his time, Tiber Septim took the Imperial City with an entire army. Titus Mede took it with 1000 men, which is only a third of a single a Legion. Then he defeated another army with barely twice that, so he took the capital and then defeated an army. Without even a single full Legion.

No one be dissing the most skilled Emperor. Man was as sharp on the battlefield as he was in politics.
His son is a dickhead though, and Martin was stupid to not have children when he found out he was the last of the bloodline, I mean it's not like his family was murdered and he's dealing with a Daedric prince or anything, The Septim dynasty could've went on, but Bethesda and Martin said no

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
His son is a dickhead though, and Martin was stupid to not have children when he found out he was the last of the bloodline, I mean it's not like his family was murdered and he's dealing with a Daedric prince or anything, The Septim dynasty could've went on, but Bethesda and Martin said no

Mede Dynasty is awesome. Septim Dynasty was pretty plops, as for Attrebus Mede. He isn't exactly a dickhead, he was used by his father and the Elder Council to be appear this great hero. He actually evolved over the storyline and at the end of the story, he's becoming the man fit for the throne.

Brewman

Do I look worried?
Giants have also helped me in multiple things. However, as we all know, don't get close! I have misjudged the distance a few times, and they have shot me into the air like a space ship almost every single time.

Here's a somewhat funny story:

So I was roaming the valleys around Whiterun, near that giant camp. But I kept going past the camp. I found two deer, and cast fury on both. One deer killed the other. Well.... that poor surviving deer headed toward the giant camp. The giant got pissed and ran up to the deer and smacked down the earth with his club. Zoom zoom, the deer goes flying into the air, all the way up, past the clouds, until you could no longer see him. I waited, and waited, and waited, but that poor deer never returned. He is now floating up in space somewhere. It was just so cool to see something flying into space like that.
As long as it not you lol;)

Brewman

Do I look worried?
I have made it a personal mission of mine to rid all Skyrim of these neanderthals, love their big ol treasure chests lol

ZeroDragon

Bring me my broadsword, and clear understanding.
Initially I hated giants, I lost Lydia when she took a one way trip via Giant's Club Airways. But I eventually adopted a non-aggressive stance and ignore a Jarl's desire to have one killed. I've walked through their camps and they look, but don't attack. The only exception is the one that wanders around Heljarchen Hall, for some reason the giants around there object to me keeping a cow.

Torok

My current character Velech has now taken to hunting giants. It all started with that destroyed caravan Windhelm. He uses a strategy, staff of paralysis, pack of familiars and crossbow, possibly poisons and running while shooting with the crossbow.

berzum

Why is the alto wine always gone?
I remember once i had a bounty at dawnstar and was near cicero, and the guard charged at me so i ran around poking him with my iron daggers, and a mammoth came, but the guard cant be killed for some reason but the giant made him kneel for a few seconds, enough for me to flee.....same happed in white run, guards chased me down and the giant came to the rescue.

Brewman

Do I look worried?
My current character Velech has now taken to hunting giants. It all started with that destroyed caravan Windhelm. He uses a strategy, staff of paralysis, pack of familiars and crossbow, possibly poisons and running while shooting with the crossbow.
I prefer thrash and bash

Torok

I prefer thrash and bash

I prefer safety. My character is supposed to be a two handed warrior, but he's more of an archer summoner.

Brewman

Do I look worried?
I prefer thrash and bash

I prefer safety. My character is supposed to be a two handed warrior, but he's more of an archer summoner.
So we have a sniper in our midst. I studied martial arts for many years, I prefer in your face type combat lol

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts