Getting your girlfriend to play Skyrim..

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

ZPfor3

Arch-Mage/Harbinger in Training
I tried last night to get my girlfriend started on Skyrim... She said she liked it okay, but she would like it better if she knew what she was doing. What are somethings I could show her that might interest a girl in Skyrim? Also, ladies, what got you into Skyrim?

P.S.- Guys feel free to say what got you into Skyrim, too :p

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American
I guess she makes sure she gives it time.

It grew on me, I was interested/curious for the things to happen. A friend of mine tried Skyrim too, but he said the game was going to slow for his taste. and he thinks it's like Runescape with better graphics. well I disagree, but I think you have to like these sort of games, wich offer more of a story rather than just pure action/arcade.

I think it requires a sort of patience, to get into the world and story.

MrDSL

Hahaha true, but she is always making fun of how much I play, so I thought I would show her what it was all about :p

Oh my girl does the same thing..

She has banned Skyrim from being on when she is over..We don't live together so its not that big a deal not playing while she is there..

She did question why all my female followers etc all have Forsworn on bahahahahaha

kyleekay

I tried last night to get my girlfriend started on Skyrim... She said she liked it okay, but she would like it better if she knew what she was doing. What are somethings I could show her that might interest a girl in Skyrim? Also, ladies, what got you into Skyrim?

P.S.- Guys feel free to say what got you into Skyrim, too :p

She'd like it better if she knew what she was doing control-wise, or storyline-wise? If you meant storyline-wise, brief her on some of the different things she's able to do during the game (TG, DB, Imperial/SC, etc). See what interests her the most. You can also explain the different skills she can use, to see which she'd be most interested in (this ranges from Combat to things like Enchanting, Smithing, etc). Since she's probably not a gamer to begin with, you just need to give her the basic rundown on what the game is capable of.

I was interested in Skyrim because I love RPG games. I played a lot of WoW in High School and then moved onto games like Fable. A friend told me about Skyrim, and I bought it when it came out. There was no looking back. :) Good luck getting your girl to play!

ZPfor3

She'd like it better if she knew what she was doing control-wise, or storyline-wise? If you meant storyline-wise, brief her on some of the different things she's able to do during the game (TG, DB, Imperial/SC, etc). See what interests her the most. You can also explain the different skills she can use, to see which she'd be most interested in (this ranges from Combat to things like Enchanting, Smithing, etc). Since she's probably not a gamer to begin with, you just need to give her the basic rundown on what the game is capable of.

I was interested in Skyrim because I love RPG games. I played a lot of WoW in High School and then moved onto games like Fable. A friend told me about Skyrim, and I bought it when it came out. There was no looking back. :) Good luck getting your girl to play!

I was kind of hoping you would reply to this thread, Kyleekay :p and thanks! I lowered the difficulty and gave her a rundown of the controls and I think she was starting to enjoy it, just because it is something she isn't good at, so she wants to get good at it :p hahaha

kyleekay

Haha sounds like a good plan! Starting her at Adept level or higher would likely be very overwhelming, so definitely a good idea to make it a little easier on her. Hope you two have fun. :)

Saozig

Hippy
I got into Skyrim becuase it's what I like. If it's not something your girlfriend isn't into, respect that and let her be her own person. If she's given it a try and still isn't getting into it, leave it be. She was a good enough girlfriend to try it out for you, but you cannot force her to like it. I cannot tell you how many guys I have blown off over the years because they just had to try to get me into whatever they liked--music, sports, games. Women are entitled to their own lives and interests and not simply be their boyfriends/husbands' tag-along for whatever they're into. If she doesn't get into it, that's that. Be mature about it and drop the issue. No point forcing it on her unless you want to her to dump you.

Nocte Aeterna

Sir Not-Appearing-in-This-Film
Ideally, I'd date a girl who plays it already. :p

The subspecies of female that plays Skyrim DOES exist!

Skulli

Is that fur coming out of your ears?
Nude male mods. ;)

ZPfor3

I got into Skyrim becuase it's what I like. If it's not something your girlfriend isn't into, respect that and let her be her own person. If she's given it a try and still isn't getting into it, leave it be. She was a good enough girlfriend to try it out for you, but you cannot force her to like it. I cannot tell you how many guys I have blown off over the years because they just had to try to get me into whatever they liked--music, sports, games. Women are entitled to their own lives and interests and not simply be their boyfriends/husbands' tag-along for whatever they're into. If she doesn't get into it, that's that. Be mature about it and drop the issue. No point forcing it on her unless you want to her to dump you.

Lol I never forced her to play, she wanted to know why I was so obsessed with it and wanted to try it. I was just looking for things that would make Skyrim more enjoyable for a non-gamer girl :p

wrighty

Thalmor 3rd Emissary
My girlfriend lives pretty far away from me at the minute, so when I do get to see her she usually wants to catch up on other things ;)
She's 1 of those girls that doesn't like video games though, she knows that I play PS3 but she's never played a game in her life and she's just not interested in them.
I suppose it would be cool that we could talk about the game but when I want to talk about it I use a forum like this 1, when I see my girlfriend I don't really want to be talking about Skyrim the whole time, although maybe if I slip in enough references of The Lusty Argonian Maid then it might get more interesting :p

Zyphur

Teach her how to read the map? >.< When I first played Skyrim it was my first Elder Scrolls game and I had no idea how to navigate, lulz

Lady Imp

Rabid Wolverine
Teach her how to read the map? >.< When I first played Skyrim it was my first Elder Scrolls game and I had no idea how to navigate, lulz
Ya know, Skyrim wasn't my first Elder Scrolls game and I still had problems navigating the map. The topographical concept was kinda cool, but it woulda been nice if the roads were drawn in a little better...

The Laoch

He is the Prince of Order. Or was it biscuits?
The sad thing is my girlfriend is terrible at video games. She has tried some games like cod, but never skyrim. I'm afraid even if I put the game on novice she would still get killed by a chicken. My brother's wife on the other hand loves assassin's creed and Skyrim.