• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Sharduroga

Hey I am level 80.5 and i only have one more thing the level... Yep you guessed it... Alchemy XD. Can someone give me some advice (besides) Giants toe's and Wheat on getting up 24 levels up fast. Right now I am level 76 Alch and its only 11 days before DB. Thnx

Shadow King

Grand master of the Order of Talos.
Do the restoration potion glitch if ure looking for an easy fix.

Skulli

Is that fur coming out of your ears?
I rarely do Alchemy, and I apologize if you already know this, but potions you make that use three ingredients always level you faster.

Hope that helps a wee bit?

And grats on 81.5! :)

Wildroses

Blue Butterfly wings and blue mountain flowers are a multi-effect potion which gives you a nice amount of experience. They are two of the most common ingredients in the wild as well.

Go for a walk around the plains of whiterun and pick all the flowers, lavender, butterfly wings and tundra cotton you see. Butterfly wings and tundra cotton make potions of fortify barter. Lavender and blue butterfly wings/blue mountain flowers also make potions of fortify conjuration.

Then go for a walk in the snowy areas around Windhelm picking all the snowberries you see, then head south Kynesgrove-Riften way to the rocky areas and pick all the Dragon's Tongues you see. They'll make potions of resist fire. If you have any purple mountain flowers left over from your walk around Whiterun, they'll make potions of resist frost with snowberries. Leftover Tundra cotton and butterfly wings can be used to make fortify barter potions with Dragons Tongues.

And pick any thistles you see as well. They can be used to create resist frost potions.

Kalin of High Rock

Faal Lun Vahdin
I just collected everything and crammed it together without rhyme or reason. What I lack in method and organizational skills, I made up for with persistence.

Archery was the last skill I leveled up. Shooting conjured arrows from my conjured bow into the conjured face of my draemora lord. He was all

"I SMELL WEAKNESS!", no dear. That's just more arrows.
"I DON'T WANT TO GO BACK! STOP SHOOTING ME!". Please stand still, or this will take longer than it has to.

Sharduroga

I rarely do Alchemy, and I apologize if you already know this, but potions you make that use three ingredients always level you faster.

Hope that helps a wee bit?

And grats on 81.5! :)
I Did not know that thanks. I was only using 2 ingredients because i wanted to save herbs.

Sharduroga

Blue Butterfly wings and blue mountain flowers are a multi-effect potion which gives you a nice amount of experience. They are two of the most common ingredients in the wild as well.

Go for a walk around the plains of whiterun and pick all the flowers, lavender, butterfly wings and tundra cotton you see. Butterfly wings and tundra cotton make potions of fortify barter. Lavender and blue butterfly wings/blue mountain flowers also make potions of fortify conjuration.

Then go for a walk in the snowy areas around Windhelm picking all the snowberries you see, then head south Kynesgrove-Riften way to the rocky areas and pick all the Dragon's Tongues you see. They'll make potions of resist fire. If you have any purple mountain flowers left over from your walk around Whiterun, they'll make potions of resist frost with snowberries. Leftover Tundra cotton and butterfly wings can be used to make fortify barter potions with Dragons Tongues.

And pick any thistles you see as well. They can be used to create resist frost potions.
This is extremely helpful I have been buying potions so far and i don't plan to level cheat. Are you a perked alchemist?

Wildroses

I love alchemy, so I always put perks in it every new character. But those methods are what I do to level alchemy in every new character I create, so they should work fine without perks. And you don't have to use the potions you create. You only have to make them to get the experience. There's no penalty for dumping them all on the floor after you've made them and continuing to buy potions.

I forgot to mention, tundra cotton and lavender also make potions of resist magic.

Sharduroga

Oh yeah I know you don't need perks. I was just wondering if you liked alchemy enough to perk it. Im more of a Blacksmith. I have two sets of dragonscale armor one for my wife. They are both double improved using the blacksmithing elixir and the perk you get for dragon armor. It would be pretty insane if i had alchemy max perked because i also have a bunch of ench perks.
I love alchemy, so I always put perks in it every new character. But those methods are what I do to level alchemy in every new character I create, so they should work fine without perks. And you don't have to use the potions you create. You only have to make them to get the experience. There's no penalty for dumping them all on the floor after you've made them and continuing to buy potions.

I forgot to mention, tundra cotton and lavender also make potions of resist magic.

Sharduroga

I also found Deathbell and Riverbetty are good xp

Moris

Blue mountain flower and hanging moss is my favorite. Makes a nice expensive little potion (fortify health, damage magicka regeneration) that I'll never use but which levels up nicely and sells for a fair amount.

There's a ton of hanging moss in the Reach. Many of the trees can be harvested for two sets.

Morgan

Fast travel from alchemist shop to alchemist shop, buy everything each has, make everything you can (focus on high-value potions) then sell the potions to the alchemist. Unless you're against fast travel, this is, more or less, the fastest way to both level alchemy and make money (although at your level it's unlikely you'll be worried about the latter).

Moris

Fast travel from alchemist shop to alchemist shop, buy everything each has, make everything you can (focus on high-value potions) then sell the potions to the alchemist. Unless you're against fast travel, this is, more or less, the fastest way to both level alchemy and make money (although at your level it's unlikely you'll be worried about the latter).

This is actually what I do.

Well, I collect ingredients long before I intend to completely level Alchemy. I level it just enough to make potions that are worth enough that I can just buy the herbs without worrying about cost.

Then at some point, I take my 223 blue mountain flowers, 174 bone meals, 319 salt piles, 72 deathbells, etc, etc, and make potions out of almost all of them.

The only downside is that, if I want to sell the 2000 potions I have just made, it will take a very long time indeed unless I'm Guildmaster of the Thieves Guild and have a few perks in speech.

Morgan

Yeah, everything that Moris added. Thanks!

The benefit of selling back to the alchemist (if you're doing this at around 30-40) is that many of them are also trainers, so you can train, then sell back way more potions than you normally could and get your money back. Alchemy is, I think, the main skill that training is easier than learning through use.

At 80 though, you pretty much have closed this option off to yourself.

OckhamsFolly

Giant's Toe's fortify health property has a value multiplier (around 6x), which is why giant toe/wheat potions are so valuable. If you really want to maximize its value, though, you have to pair it with a super valuable effect, like damage magicka regen. Try Giant's Toe, blue mountain flower/bear claws, and hanging moss/blue butterfly wings

Bad-People

Supreme Overlord of the Barbarian Tribe of Hothor
Mix Nirnroot with Crimson Nirnroot, they have the same effects so you make a four effect potion from them.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts