Spoiler Getting to 81 without the console.

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Adam Warlock

If you want some action and a degree of risk rather than tedious grinding on a horse, etc.

This is akin to baiting giants to attack you but you can remain stationary.
Good for training in Block and Restoration
Also can be used for skill points in Light or Heavy Armor

Liar`s Retreat is a very dangerous place where you almost immediately walk into a room with multiple Falmer.
Potions or other Resist Poison ability or equipment recommended.

Equip improved armor of your lowest skill and wield a shield and your best healing spell.

Save game and enter Retreat , drawing the Falmer`s attention and then run to the entrance , put your back against the door , and raise your shield.

Due to the narrow passageway, they will bunch up to attack you but only one or two can get to you at a time.
Block , Bash , Block , Bash , Bash , Block , Bash , Heal , and so on.
This will damage them some but not a lot and you will get a relatively long session of taking damage before you finally kill them.
If it gets too hairy for you , simply turn around to exit and hightail it until you`re ready to return and repeat the process.
Another way to catch a breath is to Fus roh Dah the crowd back and await their return
The best time to cast the Healing Spell is when you`ve just staggered the primary foe in front of you with your bash.
If you don`t need healing after inducing a stagger , you may also cast most any other adept level spell for xp points in Alteration(best flesh spell) and Illusion.

Key is to survive while inflicting small amounts of damage via bashing while receiving significant damage and healing or casting other non-damaging spells while in combat

One thing I can assure is that this method of leveling works very well if you`re already passed by level 50 and the normal grinding has become terribly slow.

Boring , it is not !

feliciano182

I've done it once, without grinding past the initial Smithing for powerful weapons, and Armor. You should do that first, as well as any other slow levelers while Experience is so easily gained. After level 50, it becomes much slower, so get the others out of the way first, and save the fast levelers for later. Also, have any Follower you have pick up Skill Books unread to get the last 5 levels for free. Also, play on Master, so you have to do more damage, and soak up more with your Armor/Restoration to earn the most Experience. Save your levels for Instant Heals, and perk points that give you more damage/protection first. It helps to be an Orc, so you have the least to go, and also the Berserker Rage when you have a particularly tough fight. This is double edged for XP, because it increases Weapon Damage, but reduces it to your Armor, which levels slower, anyway.

Smithing: The best way I've found for this is to sweep the Forsworn, and Improve their Armor with Leather from Hunting. Use Faendal to train for free, so you have some Archery, and Sneak Shoot as much as possible up to Deadly Aim. This works 3 skills at once, a theme I'll continue to keep it going as quickly as possible. That should get you up to Dwarven Smithing, so you can make, and improve their weapons/armor. I filled out the Heavy side, for higher damage, and because the Foresworn stuff needs only Steel Smithing. They also have excellent Bows, but not arrows. Also, use Hadvar in Helgen so you can take Alvor's Steel Ingots for your first set of weapons. Alvor's Forge is the closest to the Warrior Stone, do skills in blocks, and rest often for maximum XP. (Archery is the Theif Guardian Stone for the XP bonus, BTW, don't ask me why.)

Block: After Smithing, this is one of the slowest, so get a good shield, and use Restoration, another slow leveler to heal. This means wearing no other Armor, so you actually take some damage, and bashing things to death with Lesser healing while they're stunned. This doesn't work with Bows, so I went to beat up a Dragon Priest (Otar) and took his Staff for the other hand. Elemental Protection+Otar=80% Resistance to all 3 elements, which really helps survive on Master. You get the chance to refill this with Soul Gems, for Enchanting Experience. Also, pick up any Enchantments you don't have to Disenchant whenever you encounter an AE.

Lockpicking: Never miss a chance to pick any lock you find, it should be leveling throughout your play, and hopefully maxed before CL50. Speech is easy, sell everything. Pickpocket was a bitch, I had to grind it, join the Thieves' guild, and pay a trainer, there is no other way, realistically. Reverse PP jewelry, preferably made with Smithing, and get the Stones of B to make it. Enchant it first for that, and so forth. I also trained Alchemy. I hate it, and never use it, like Pickpocket.

50+ You should have little to no Weapon Skills, but good Armor, and weapons to compensate. It really helps to be an Orc with both skills, and a high Archery to get you through the low levels. Now's the time to break them out, and kill anything that moves. With high damage, it still goes relatively quickly even post level 50. Do 1 Handed First, then get the Ebony Blade to train up 2 handed with decent damage, and really good healing so you won't get killed. By now, your Enchantment should be maxed, but you won't need Soul Gems to keep it topped off.

Conjuration: Raise Dead, the highest levels you can, and conjure Atronachs when you don't have bodies. This has to be during combat, or before, yet within the duration of the spell, but you can throw them down a ravine, or into a room/corridor where they won't be able to join the fight. Bound Weapons are also fast, but inferior to anything you have made, so won't build up your Weapon skills as fast. As soon as you're doing more damage with a 2 hander, switch to the Longhammer, smithed up to stupid, but unenchanted so you can use Elemental Fury. This has possibly the highest DPS at a given smithy tier because it can be improved up to Epic, and swing at Dagger speed. If you have Arcane Blacksmith Volendrung is pretty good for it's enchantment, but can still be out damaged over time by an Epic Longhammer.

Destruction: Burn Draugr. Get Augment Flames right away, and Necromage to make the damage even worse. With this technique, the XP rolls in ather fast even at high level. You can do it earlier for the Augment Effects to your enchantments, but keep in mind that Magical Damage is something you're not doing with your Weapons, for that extra XP. That's the big reason for the Longhammer, you get the most 2H XP per fight, and the fights over quick to get to the next one. If you start getting into trouble, and can't use your power, start quickbashing to stunlock them between swings.

Alteration: Detect Life, and Transmute to make jewelry. The first one gives experience based on the combined level of everyone detected, friend, or foe. A great lookout, and very rapid XP.

Illusion: Muffle, and Calm, the former is like Detect Life, for everyone in earshot, the latter can be used on friendlies. Once you're high enough level to purchase them, Pacify, and Rally to mass affect foes, then allies. Frenzy is just evil abusive, keep it handy just because it rules. Do the Civil War for this school, it has the most friends, and foes at once, and be the Fan.

Supernova0429

Peace I can only imagine
Why didn't they make the level for ebony warrior lower knowing that no one really wants to level unimportant skills that have nothing to do with their character or play style. So exploits here I come..

RyuLevone

How do the trainers work? I thought I knew, but I apparently don't. I know it resets after you level up, but can you only train one thing to max and then wait until you level up to train something else? Maybe I was using the wrong trainers. I know certain people are scaled for certain levels.

Skulli

Is that fur coming out of your ears?
How do the trainers work? I thought I knew, but I apparently don't. I know it resets after you level up, but can you only train one thing to max and then wait until you level up to train something else? Maybe I was using the wrong trainers. I know certain people are scaled for certain levels.

Any trainer can train you 5 levels per actual "game" level....once you level up one more time, another 5 training sessions.

Some trainers like Faendal (sp), can only teach you to level 50 or so in a given skill, after that, you exceed their own level in that given skill.

RyuLevone

Any trainer can train you 5 levels per actual "game" level....once you level up one more time, another 5 training sessions.

Some trainers like Faendal (sp), can only teach you to level 50 or so in a given skill, after that, you exceed their own level in that given skill.

That's what I thought. I was going around yesterday trying to find trainers for the skills I never used. I must have just went to multiple trainers that I was too high of a level for.

Twiffle

sorry to go off topic, , but who is ebony warrior,?

If you are willing to use any of the glitched approaches described here, then just use the Oghma Infinium and be done with it. I have never had any character go above level 50, so I doubt I will ever meet the Ebony Warrior: so be it.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts