• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Ecstatic7213

Completing the dark brotherhood quest line gives you the opportunity to get a lot of money. The night mother gives you quests to kill someone and you get 1000 gold each kill. For legal money you just have to go through dungeons and the like for loot to sell. Most fast easy money is gained illegally.

Ok ive started a second character and ive playd for a few hours , i already have the house in Whiterun fully furnished and about 5000 gold , the way i do it is with the smithing, Alchamy and enchanting skills and perks. Make weapons with raw materials (tip rather use ore and smelt it as it is cheaper to buy ore and that means your profit is high) Potions are the most profitable as they are easy to acquire and the profit margin is very high.
If you want me to create a guide let me know however i do believe there are a few proper guides out there ....

XbSuper

Go to dawnstar, outside the iron mine, there is a tree with 3 rocks under it, look on the ground between the rocks, and you will find an invisible chest filled with loot. After taking all you want, wait 48 hours, then go to the entrance to the town, if there's a trade caravan, go talk to the one that sells stuff(if they're not there wait until they show up), look at their inventory, don't buy, just look(their inventory is what's in the chest) after viewing the inventory go back to the chest, it will have a whole new stock of loot. Sell all the loot and you'll be rich in no time.

Go to dawnstar, outside the iron mine, there is a tree with 3 rocks under it, look on the ground between the rocks, and you will find an invisible chest filled with loot. After taking all you want, wait 48 hours, then go to the entrance to the town, if there's a trade caravan, go talk to the one that sells stuff(if they're not there wait until they show up), look at their inventory, don't buy, just look(their inventory is what's in the chest) after viewing the inventory go back to the chest, it will have a whole new stock of loot. Sell all the loot and you'll be rich in no time.

This is a cheat or easter egg there is also i chest in Whiterun that you can use in the beginning to get alot of money , however if a read correctly the player wants to earn money the honest way . In the same sense as i am doing with my new character...... There are a few easter eggs(Cheats you can use to earn money fast) let us know if you want theese or not as they make the gameplay weak and to easy as there is no real accomplishment(Personnal opinion)

XbSuper

This is a cheat or easter egg there is also i chest in Whiterun that you can use in the beginning to get alot of money , however if a read correctly the player wants to earn money the honest way . In the same sense as i am doing with my new character...... There are a few easter eggs(Cheats you can use to earn money fast) let us know if you want theese or not as they make the gameplay weak and to easy as there is no real accomplishment(Personnal opinion)

Agreed, this is definitely a form of cheating. However it does make a lot of money really quickly, and I don't really find having loads of cash affects the game that much. The only things that are expensive are houses and it seems like a pain to save just for a house, when there are several free houses available.

Agreed, this is definitely a form of cheating. However it does make a lot of money really quickly, and I don't really find having loads of cash affects the game that much. The only things that are expensive are houses and it seems like a pain to save just for a house, when there are several free houses available.

I do kinda disagree as this does affect the game in many ways the first obvious one is buying enchanted and expensieve equiptment aswell as this will increase your speach skill quicker and ultimatly makes it easier to persuade and intimmedate aswell as like you said houses wich gives you ultimate storage space wich makes the gathering of thing like Gems , Diffrent types of armor for Qeusts (Sneaking armor . Smithing Armor , Alchamy armor etc ) wich you can then store wich makes gameplay and more difficult qeusts much easier on the strategy side of it , however this will be much more visable if you play on Master level ...(Again personal oppinion) PS Good to see im not the only one who believes the easter eggs and tricks are cheating ...

Jeff the DragonBorn

The easiest way to make some money and level up is to go out and hunt some animals and take their hide and then forge some leather bracers. If you have skill to improve them do so. if not sell them and then repeat it. There's so much game out there that hunting and smithing are the easiest.

Some have said that selling one piece at a time increases the speech skill faster but I don't know.

Doing this you will increase smithing, speech, your hunting skill (what ever you use to hunt) and make some money.

chizzbot

Learn the Banish enchant. Even an iron dagger with the banish enchant is worth ~800 gold...more so if you smith it to epic, legendary. Search the shops til you find a weapon with that enchant, disenchant, and it's like printing your own money.

Dalinuel

Easiest way to make lots of money is with the alchemy skill some poitions you mix are worth of ton of money I've made well over 500k I will never spend it all lol but that the quickest way to make money

Lee

Rasta-For-I
If you really want to cheat to get easy money there is a place near Mount Anthor where it can be obtained. It's a sacrificial altar, but is not a map location, so no fast travel. If you fast travel to Mount Anthor and turn left you'll come to a slope. Go down the slope and look for the altar on the left. If you can't find it the video below shows an alternative way to get there. You'll have to deal with about 3 skeletons, but once you have search the one that was laid on the altar you'll find a book on him called 'Doors of Oblivion'. I think it's worth about 50. Take the book then search the skeleton again and the book will be there again. Just keep taking the book until you've reached just below your max carrying weight. Then fast travel to a vendor and sell the books. Obviously the less you're carrying when you get to the altar, the more books you'll be able to take.

Kuurus

Money is just so easy to come by in this game that I can't imagine it being a problem for anyone. I am no expert and have only the one character started just after xmas (lvl 47), and I have 3 houses and about 120k in my pocket at the moment simply by doing quests and looting mobs and chests normally. I haven't even sold any of the jewels I've come across or the ingots I have smelted. I have well over 100 jewels in an end table and at least 200 ingots of various types in my smithing chest.

Perkless in Skyrim

Bad to the Dragonbone.
Sell or smelt down Dwemer scrap. Many of the Dwarven junk laying around only weigh about 2lbs but when smelted will get you 3 Dwarven ingots. If you have sticky fingers there's a bunch of it in Markarth without even having to do anything dangerous. Once it's smelted down it stops being considered stolen. Likewise, stolen ingots can be forged into something else which a shop keeper will buy.

Chop wood! Someone will pay you for your trouble.

The biggest moneymaker in the game is Alchemy. You can mix Blue Mountain Flower and Blue Butterfly Wing for potions of Damage Magicka Regeneration which will sell for a tidy sum. Adding Wheat will get you even more. Those are all common ingredients.

I have more gold than I can spend and I typically buy out the shop keeper's stock of ingredients and sell potions to get my money back and empty their cash reserve.

Monolith

The Progeny of Vikings
Agreed with the above posters.. money is wayyyyy too easy to come by in this game. I'm at level 40 and I have over 300,000 gold, and I've bought most if not all of the houses (dunno if there's one available in Dawnstar, haven't been there yet), furnished them fully etc. I wish there was a 'hard times' mod for the game like the one they made for Baldur's Gate 1, which made the game's economy more realistic - less uber weapon drops, less potions, less gold in containers, everything costs more. When I played BG1 with that mod it ultimately felt much more rewarding when I scraped every gold coin from every barrel, sold all my junk and did everything conceivable to make money, and finally actually got to a point of reasonable wealth. Much better than getting filthy rich without even trying before you're halfway through the game.

As far as making easy money, chopping wood was a good suggestion. You can always do other stuff while your character is hacking away at the wood, make yourself a cup of tea or something.

BSE

As far as making easy money, chopping wood was a good suggestion. You can always do other stuff while your character is hacking away at the wood, make yourself a cup of tea or something.
I tried walking away, but I only chop 3 pieces of wood, then I have to tell him to chop more. There was no starting and walking away for an hour.

Monolith

The Progeny of Vikings
I tried walking away, but I only chop 3 pieces of wood, then I have to tell him to chop more. There was no starting and walking away for an hour.

Granted, the idle time isn't long. I usually use that time to reply to text messages (if someone has sent me one while I'm gaming), fetch myself something to drink etc. Just so I don't have to stare at the screen waiting for my character to finish chopping the wood.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts