• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

DriverB

of Skyrim lockin up on me !! I've lost count of how many times it has... does anyone know if they going to fix this problem ?

of Skyrim lockin up on me !! I've lost count of how many times it has... does anyone know if they going to fix this problem ?
Since Skyrim is probably the most important game for bethesda right now, im sure they will be releasing patches to improve the games stability and compatibility with computers. Its just a matter of time really which is a shame but id also advise trying to find out if something is causing Skyrim to crash or if its just the game!

Tidimus

I guess my biggest problem is that this is a brand new game, top line price and it freezes up on everything but pc. It's almost like they released it based on a deadline rather than completion. I will say that this pretty much confirmed that no matter how popular it is I won't be buying another Bethesda game on release but will wait to see if it has bugs now.

Shoor

Clan Thu'um Guard
It's a bug, probably. Are you up to date on patches? If not it might fix your problem.

Tidimus
Skyrim was really meant for PC, it was rushed to get out on consoles. The overall gameplay far outweighs the bugs, though.

Tidimus

I was having the problem of it locking up. It was doing it at least once a day (PS3). However I read an article, did all the fixes and it hasn't locked up on me since.

In the game turn off autosaves. Go out of the game and go into the data file. Delete all auto saves and any saves that are corrupted (you'll see the difference in the icon, it won't say corrupted). Keep auto saves off and minimize as much as possible how many save files you have. I keep no more than 2.

Until this bug is fixed this seems to be the best way to do it. I don't know why we can't install on the PS3 because that would solve the load time issues too.

Jaeger

Until this bug is fixed this seems to be the best way to do it. I don't know why we can't install on the PS3 because that would solve the load time issues too.

Load time issues. Just drink some mead (make it a game) or smoke a khajit hooka.

DriverB

What are you playing it on? Im on xbox-360 and havn't had one lock-up since it came out.

i'm playing on ps3 and since i've posted this I kinda fixed the problem I disabled all the autosaves and uninstalled the updated and skyrim itself and reinstalled shyrim hasn't locked up since "knock on wood" only problem now I still cant get remarried

SeaDog

PS3 has had many more issues with Skyrim than XBox. Why, I have no idea. When patches and updates come out, they are written by Bethesda, and handed over to both Sony and Microsoft, who then check the patch for validity and functionality and only then do they get published to the PS3 and 360 servers.

As for the PC version, well thats an entirely different story. The ridiculous functionality of the PC game between user created mods and the ability to manipulate items within the game through the console command function has made the PC version a virtual magnet for problems. Another common problem with the PC version, is that users install Skyrim and its graphics intensive game engine on to antiquated computers that have little or no business running a game like Skyrim. Then they plug in 200 user created mods, and go into the console and jack around with code commands that inevitably screw up their entire game.

Unfortunately, the users then blame Bethesda for producing a crappy game, when in fact it's the gamer themselves that are the problem.

Glad you found a solution to your issue.

J'Sabbah

I'm also on Xbox and have played 100+ hours and have never had any problems, just for the record..

Eric Badders

Unholy Mind
I haven't have much of a problem with it. It has locked up a couple of times but nothing that is too disruptive.
I would expect to see a patch shortly after the first of the year on this.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts