Gen 8 console wars

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Console of choice

• Total voters

Punz

Dark Lord of Skyrim
PS4. Since 1998, I've always had a Playstation. Love the gaming library and system. Had a X-Box 360 and kept getting the RROD. I'm no fan-boy by any means, just prefer Playstation over X-Box. Microsoft's current debacle certainly didn't sway me into purchasing their new system, regardless if they've changed their plans.

I do love the Wii. I play Mario Sluggers with my daughter daily. Plus, I can play my old GameCube games on that console. I may get a Wii U, but not right now.

NachyoChez

XB1 for me.

I adored Sony with near fanboy level enthusiasm until the PS3 was released. For some reason very few of their exclusive titles interested me, and the secondary features it provided weren't ones that I was using. In the end, I had both systems (primarily to play my PS1 and 2 library as well as Blu-Rays) but Sony time and time again made me trust them less. Removing Linux support, especially because 1 guy found a way to make it useful, leaking credit card info not once but twice, and then a smear fest on Microsoft despite having had the exact same plans until they heard how many people were mad at Microsoft for them. I might be willing to give them credit security side, if they hadn't just had a leak of GTA V.

All in all, Sony has given me too many reasons not to do business with them, while Microsoft has yet to give me one!

(Nintendo, I love you. You just don't provide what I need anymore :sadface: )

Bertrum

Stop Hodoring!
I'm going to get an XBOX One on release day then a PS4 after Christmas.

More than anything I just want the Day 1 achievement :p

Rextoret

top kek
My step-father's console was the original Xbox, so that's pretty much the first console I played on. After I moved in with my uncle, I played his original Playstation. I moved in with my father after that, he had a PS2. Moved to my grandparents shortly after, then I had a Gameboy Advance, then a DS Lite. Later, I bought a Xbox 360 because I grew up with the original Halo, and wanted to play 3. I've had the same Xbox since then, (I've had it since a while after it's release.) and I've never encountered problems with it. Runs as smoothly as the day I got it, which is very smooth.

Thus, I have no reason to hate on any of the company's. (I also have a gaming PC, which I also enjoy using.) I also have a Wii. As for what I'll be getting for the 8th Gen, it's PS4. The exclusives it has, plus the Xbox One's monstrous release flop, makes it more desirable in my opinion. I'll also likely be getting the Wii U at some point. (In a few days, actually.) Really, if I had the room in my apartment and the cash, I'd just get all 3. They all seem very nice to me. Although, the PS4 is a gaming console, while the Xbox One is a entertainment console. But I don't watch TV or movies, so the PS4 is the one for me.

BlueTiger

I prefer the Xbox, and will getting an Xbox One. I have a PS3 as well as an Xbox 360 so I'm in a position to make a fair judgement. I use my console for other things as well like watching the TV, and the Xbox One seems perfect for this.

Medea

The Shadow Queen
I'm waiting to see which console most people are saying is burning up and dying two months after release before I decide.

mamali

not still sure yet , i'm not buying any of them until 2015 anyway . still so many cool games to play on my xbox 360 . i actually have a list of awesome xbox 360 games that i missed . so i'll just wait to see how new consoles turn out in their first year .

but i'll probably get xbox one , since i have xbox 360 already and i like xbox one's games . Ryse , Halo , Qunatum break , Dead Rising 3 , Forza 5 .... all the games that i like are on xbox one

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts