• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

zuko514

I am a vampire archer assassin. i maxed out light armor,smiting and enchanting. I do not like dragon scale armor,stands out too much. I need to pick an normal adventure type of outfit. What do you guys recommend?

Uskyldig

Too Weird To Live, Too Rare To Die
I know exactly what you mean, some of the armors aren't extremely friendly when wanting to blend in a little with the vanilla world :p . I've seen a lot of people use hold guard armor with different helms etc before, enchanted of course. Curious why you don't enchant any variations of the vampire armor?

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
No armor. Mourner's Clothes (you can get them in Solitude) or vampire robes with either the TG Nightingale hood or the DB hood. All black and looks great too. Plus you can trick out the garb in whatever way you like. I like the vamp boots with the mourner's clothes myself if it's a guy and the vamp robes or armor if it's a girl with either of those two hoods.

Lucid

Nightingale armor is lovely, but I don't love the enchantment combination. I often end up mixing pieces of it with pieces of DB shrouded armor. I'm also very partial to Linwe's armor, I like the look and I think the enchantments are good for stealth archers.

AJK

Nightingale armor is lovely, but I don't love the enchantment combination. I often end up mixing pieces of it with pieces of DB shrouded armor. I'm also very partial to Linwe's armor, I like the look and I think the enchantments are good for stealth archers.

I'm not too into the enchantments either, but it looks cool and provides decent protection.

Enchanted Vampire armor would probably be my 2nd choice.

zuko514

I wish i can get an un enchanted thieves guide set. As a vampire fortify magic,stamina and health regent is a must. I am probably gonna go with an storm cloak armor or scale or leather armor

Gigapact

Lollygagging Milk Drinker (according to guards)
A mix of Nightingale (as I don't like th enchantments really) and DB.

Or, you can do the Ancient Shrouded armor full set or the Blackguard's Armor. Both of these can reach the armor cap of 567 just fine.

Ancient Shrouded DB armor is obtained obviously through the DB questline, but when you do the dark elf's quest (forgot her name, she's in the robes) if you do it the "extra" good way, she will give you "Olava's Token." Go ahead and do that, and the location will be revealed. However, if you don't want to join the DB there is a way of getting it as well, just let me know if you need the info (so I don't have to explain it if not need be).

The Blackguard's armor is a better version of both Thieve's Guild armor and Guildmaster's armor. In look, it is very similar, it's black. But the enchatnments are better and the armor rating is as well. This can only be obtained by having the Dragonborn DLC. Join the TG fully, then when you travel to Solstheim (however it's spelled), when the boat lands, go to the left and find the blacksmith Glover Mallory. You'll have to do a mini quest and then he gives you a key to his basement containing this armor and other good stuff.

I wish you could find unenchanted versions of these things, but I've tried everything. There is worn shrouded armor from DB, but it can't be enchanted or improved, so don't see the point in that. But I agree with you on all of the other armors, they don't say thief or assassin to me. So this is the track I've always gone.

Gigapact

Lollygagging Milk Drinker (according to guards)
See I forgot the vampire part. That is indeed the biggest pain in the ass. Unless you want to do some kind of leather armor.... you can always put the regen enchantments on jewelry, use standing stones, and/or auriel's bow.

The Phoenician

Shiney, let's be bad guys.
I like Penitus Oculatus or the red vampire armor mixed with Dark Brotherhood gloves, boots, and cowl.

Also Necromancer robes with the Nightingale hood a vary grim reaper look.

JoeReese

If I was going for a subdued look, I'd probably go for the TG armor as well. I've never tried it, but has anybody put it on a mannequin and see if it will duplicate a non-enchanted set?