PC Gaming Compatibilities

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

EbonyManBoobs

in other words Ebony Armour -.-
Hi there.
I was wondering if my laptop was good enough for Skyrim or any other new games.
SPECS:

1. Intel HD graphics
2. 2gb RAM DDR3 upgrading to 4gb in 2 weeks
3. Intel Core i3-380M processor
NOTE: can not change Graphics card cause its intergrated graphics

Also I bought a new game yesterday it was splinter cell conviction and once I played it, it was major laggy so I did a disk cleanup and defrag but it still consist to lagg!
I checked the FPS of the game with FRAPS and it was 5-9 fps! Nothing else wrong with it just laggy.
Could this be cause i only have a 2gb RAM? or is it cause the intel graphics?

Please Help, EbonyBoobsMan

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
It's not the RAM. You have an integrated graphics chipset rather than a real videocard. They really don't support PC games with high end graphics well (some would say at all). If you buy Skyrim and that is the only computer you have the game disc will make a nice coffee coaster but you wont be able to play it.

EbonyManBoobs

It's not the RAM. You have an integrated graphics chipset rather than a real videocard. They really don't support PC games with high end graphics well (some would say at all). If you buy Skyrim and that is the only computer you have the game disc will make a nice coffee coaster but you wont be able to play it.
darn! so even if i change the processor to i5 that would'nt make a difference? or is there anyway to fix this besides buying a whole new computer?

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
Yes, an integrated graphics chipset, as the name implies, is hardware integrated into your motherboard so you can't upgrade it.

In general unless you have a 4 figure budget for a new computer I wouldn't get a laptop for PC gaming. Get a desktop instead. It will be cheaper and because you can upgrade more components on a desktop, it will also last much longer than a laptop before becoming obsolete.

EbonyManBoobs

Yes, an integrated graphics chipset, as the name implies, is hardware integrated into your motherboard so you can't upgrade it.

In general unless you have a 4 figure budget for a new computer I wouldn't get a laptop for PC gaming. Get a desktop instead. It will be cheaper and because you can upgrade more components on a desktop, it will also last much longer than a laptop before becoming obsolete.
Thanks might be a while before I can afford a new computer on a tight budget :sadface: lol but thanks now I now alot more from this :)

Doomy

NB Skyrim is not compatilble with Wife 2.0 or Life 1.1