game version before and after USKP

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

tomaja

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the game, forum and not very computer literate ;)

I just installed the game via steam, played a little.

When I press TAB, in the lower left hand corner I can see the game ver. 1 9 32 0 8.

After USKP installation the ver. is exactly the same.

Does it mean I have not instaled the patch?

The installation process was also different from what I am used to - running an .exe file.

I just unzipped the USKP to the target destination int the data subfolder.

I do not use any other mods. Just the USKP.

Cheers!

ianc1

The USKP does not change the version number it is unoffical. It just fixes the bugs, you have the final version so it will never change unless bethesda release another version.

tomaja

Ok. So I guess I have installed, or rather, extracted it.

Btw, in the launch box now there are four boxes checked - heartfire, dragonborn, dawnguard and the 4th - unofficial skyrim patch.

Is it ok then?

ianc1

Yes, if you have the dlc then you may want to get the unoffical patches for them, if you do make sure there in the correct order. my order is

Skyrim
Unoffical Skyrim Patch
Dawnguard
Unoffical Dawnguard patch
Hearthfires
Unoffical Hearthfires patch
Dragonborn
Unoffical Dragonborn Patch

tomaja

my order is now exactly as yours BUT I miss the first position on your list - mine starts with Unofficial skyrim patch - no skyrim.

Do you know what seems to be the deal - why I miss skyrim as first position?

Btw, I do not have it on the list so I cannot even move it using arrows.

tomaja

Cool. Thank you for quick answers. Now I can thoroughly enjoy my sick leave :)

Btw,I know this is slightly off topic, but can I join two guilds? As an assassin I will be joining this guild but I was also thinking of joining Thieves's.

ianc1

Yes you can join all the guilds. The only ones you cant join are the ones that you have to make a choice, like the civil war questline, dawnguard questline or the choice of vampire or werewolf, its one side or the other. There are a few mods that give you the choice but they can be buggy.

tomaja

Im not gonna run any mods aside from the 4 unofficial patches.

thank you very much for your help !

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts