• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Sishke

Hi all. Im new to this forum and also in the Skyrim. The game is great, but i have some question if some1 is willing to answer. Im lvl 12 so far im taking it slowly and playing on legendary diff with Ultimate Combat Mode i have some armour mods but nothing too stronger than the games armors i have spend only 2 perks in heavy armor and 3 in two handed and the game is easy so far exept dragnons which are a little chalenching. My question is are the quest and combat it self going to get harder as i lvl up more or is that it, and is trere some epic loots hard to get and find or just the one u can craft ur self and about the guild can u be in just one guild ore u can be in more than one. Tnx

TJ0331

Nords forever
You can join every guild. As far as loot goes it's all mostly random nothing too special except a few unique weapons and armors. I would let off of the mods for your first playthrough.

Hi all. Im new to this forum and also in the Skyrim. The game is great, but i have some question if some1 is willing to answer. Im lvl 12 so far im taking it slowly and playing on legendary diff with Ultimate Combat Mode i have some armour mods but nothing too stronger than the games armors i have spend only 2 perks in heavy armor and 3 in two handed and the game is easy so far exept dragnons which are a little chalenching. My question is are the quest and combat it self going to get harder as i lvl up more or is that it, and is trere some epic loots hard to get and find or just the one u can craft ur self and about the guild can u be in just one guild ore u can be in more than one. Tnx

If this is your first time, try not to use any mods at all. You owe it to yourself to play the game as Bethesda intended to. Using "additional features" comes after that; mods are supposed to give a game some refreshing experience after you've already tried the original mechanics anyway.

And to address your second question: YES. The more you level up, the tougher enemies will be. My advise is to focus on leveling your combat skills. Leveling crafting skills should be your second (but immediate) priority. Of course, a good way to approach the game is to join the guild that is closely related to your character's "class". Are you more of a warrior? Companion's Guild. Are you more on assassinating targets? Dark Brotherhood. Magic-based character? College of Winterhold.

Sishke

Tnx for the replay, i did try game without mods most mods i use are cosmetics only few afect gameplay, im glad the game will be harder im still a harcore rpg player and i am warrior and archer based, i just like to change gear as often as i could. I do have haveone more question and i think i know the answer, its hard for me to find side quests i know everybody will say just wonder around and talk i npc but its a bit a drag, is there and easyer way to find them. Tnx

MiniPea

The Dark Lord of Skyrim
Tnx for the replay, i did try game without mods most mods i use are cosmetics only few afect gameplay, im glad the game will be harder im still a harcore rpg player and i am warrior and archer based, i just like to change gear as often as i could. I do have haveone more question and i think i know the answer, its hard for me to find side quests i know everybody will say just wonder around and talk i npc but its a bit a drag, is there and easyer way to find them. Tnx

You can go into the taverns of cities and ask for rumours.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
A little further on the difficulties as you level. I've found that it seems that your enemies really level up in difficulty about every 10 levels. It is negligable on the in between levels (i.e. level 7 not so bad, level 10 more difficult, level 15 about the same as 10, level 20 harder, etc...)

Sishke

Hi all. I have a dilema i know there isnt any corect order on how and when to do quests, right now im saving main quest for much later and doing everythong else i was just wondering on which town to visit first and when and also i dont have any DLC since its my first run in Skyrim so i was wondering when ti install them. Tnx

Daelon DuLac

Hi all. I have a dilema i know there isnt any corect order on how and when to do quests, right now im saving main quest for much later and doing everythong else i was just wondering on which town to visit first and when and also i dont have any DLC since its my first run in Skyrim so i was wondering when ti install them. Tnx
MARKARTH! Lotsa cool stuff going on there and in the region (Foreswarn!) and there are some really cool quests as well. IMO! (Don't get me wrong, I luv Riften too, but I don't know if you're playing a sleezy thief :))

Sishke

Well im playing as fast pasting warrior archer with dual wield and light armor, gor a bit tired just fighting bandits and soldiers since i join stormcloack rebelion and i hunt dragons my smithing is prety high and i have lots of flawlles gear so i play with expert diff, im justn looking long and epic quests and fights. Tnx for reply

Daelon DuLac

Well im playing as fast pasting warrior archer with dual wield and light armor, gor a bit tired just fighting bandits and soldiers since i join stormcloack rebelion and i hunt dragons my smithing is prety high and i have lots of flawlles gear so i play with expert diff, im justn looking long and epic quests and fights. Tnx for reply
Do the Dwemer stuff then (just search out the locations, including the Blackreach access you get from the ...Discerning the Transmundane/Elder Knowledge... quest to get the Dragon Scroll on the main questline; Unfathomable Depths that you can get from an Argonian in Riften; and Lost to the Ages (re: Aetherium shards), which I realize is with the Dawnguard DLC. And again, Markarth. As someone who plays an archer regularly (although not dual wield usually - usually 2 handed), I find that Dwarven automatons and Falmer are great foes for this style of play and the quests are long. I know you say you don't have the DLC's but I would encourage you to get them. There are some really great Dwemer quests in both the Dawnguard and the Dragonborn DLCs. They add a lot of content.

I like the long questlines and many battles where I don't need hundreds of folks around me as well so I enjoy the main Dragonborn one, the Companions Questline and even the Dawnguard and Dragonborn questlines.

Enjoy!

Jimmy_Smashwell

No mods, no crafting exploits, no enchanting (found items only) and turn it to legendary from the time you get to create your toon. Don't start the main quest line till 50 and don't pick a side of the war till after the main quest line. I wouldn't call anything else hardcore nor will I ever play any other way again.

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
No mods, no crafting exploits, no enchanting (found items only) and turn it to legendary from the time you get to create your toon. Don't start the main quest line till 50 and don't pick a side of the war till after the main quest line. I wouldn't call anything else hardcore nor will I ever play any other way again.

This is best approach imo. I keep the epic stuff on the back burner till at least lv50. Right now my guy is lv68 and I've barely touched the main quest or the civil war quest. The main quest lines are so much better at high level.

Jimmy_Smashwell

yup,
plus no shouts but having them banked is very rewarding. more difficult as well

TJ0331

Nords forever
yup,
plus no shouts but having them banked is very rewarding. more difficult as well

I disagree, use shouts its a great aspect to the game and will add fun and entertainment especially for your first playthrough.

Jimmy_Smashwell

Oh for sure! The shouts at low level make for an enhanced experience. I was talking about playing it stripped down and hardcore. Did that sound funny? Anyway the shouts make combat easier and that wasn't the goal. I think some of the best dungeons are in the early storyline. For me personally I really like coming across daedric armor in Bleak Falls Barrow. Not that it is in the main storyline but i put off Merida's Beacon too :)
Furthermore (esp melee) I got really good with combat without constantly trying thinking about timing the all important Foos Ro Dah! But... without the shouts you can't launch Lydia over the waterfall.

TJ0331

Nords forever
Also some shouts are just plane useful. Like marked for death for dragons. I you use it enough you can bring any enemy down in one hit.

Lord Vaako

do the companion questline. It's fun, and you have backup. plus you get a cool dragon shout (fire breath) then i would go and do the main questline, civil war, college of winterhold, dark brotherhood and the thieves guild. That's my order currently but you don't have to stick to it.

TJ0331

Nords forever
I personally love the companions because there are rare weapons and I love fighting draugr which there are a lot of.

BG5150

Don't use crafting as a shortcut to leveling early. Otherwise, you'll find yourself at level 20 getting pwned by level 10's.

Sishke

Lol tnx a lot for reply now im more confused what to do i gues ill try something from everybody and btw can some link where can i download dlc
tnx guys.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts