Xbox 360 Game crash entering Shimmermist Cave?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

FenrirofSatan

TheMan TheMyth TheLegend
So early on in the game I entered the cave and beat the trolls only to find that there was this big brolic dwarven centurion waiting for me to bash me to a pulp....so I left briskly, yet gracefully so to speak.

Later on in the game, I was told by the Companions to go free some idiot that is in the cave, but upon entering it, the screen goes to the usual waiting screen and then just freezes.

Is anyone having this happen to them?

Mind you, I just recently got the game 2 weeks ago, and I have entered the cave prior.

NikolaTesla

Admiral Sunna Kyndai
well, either A) ignore it or
B) reload your save

FenrirofSatan

TheMan TheMyth TheLegend
You know, it could just be on that current save, just a random glitch. I played my account on three different xboxes and was not able to load the shimmermist cave, so I know its not my disc or the xboxes.

I might just have to make another player to do that quest, which seems to just be a quest for the companions with hopefully some miscellaneous shout.

Couthful

Tamriel Adventurer
The companions quest line is currently broken for me just in a different way, now it cannot be completed. Perhaps waiting in the 30 in game days will allow time for the location to respawn.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Trouble_in_Skyrim#Bugs
Bugs
-There may be issues if you've recently cleared an assigned area. This bug will become evident when the marker points you to the leader's dead body. Console commands can serve as a workaround, as can waiting for 30 game days to reset the area.
-If you have already killed the target NPC prior to obtaining the quest, you may find that Farkas never provides the option to complete the quest. Consequently, other Companions will not allow you to start new tasks, thereby making further progression with the Companions impossible. However, you may use the console to manually enable the next stage in the "main" quest line. First use the console to enter the command "setstage C01 0"; then, speak to Skjor. This seems to work, though other issues may or may not arise later (has not been thoroughly tested).

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts