• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

ambiiientz

I'm starting over with a Breton Spellsword. The choice of race is mostly motivated by making her as petite as possible, because I've gotten kind of spoiled by Altmers. Also, the Conjuration bonus is nice, as this will be her primary skill. Just left Helgen, and ran cross country toward Whiterun to hit up Farengar for Bound Sword as a 1H trainer. No weapon skills means going for the highest damage possible, and she won't be Smithing any. After that, I plan to make my way north, to the Lord Stone first, then High Gate Ruins to help Anska find a scroll. Flaming Familiar, and a nice Mask, I've beaten him on level 1 before with Dragonskin to take the edge off his fireballs, and Storm Atronach.

The beauty of this build is she basically never gets Over-powered. Without Smithing to get weapons up to stupid levels, and a fairly weak primary spell, the lord is stacked on Heavy Armor around Robes for minimal protection without being invulnerable. Half off Magickal damage, and a daily minute of Spell Absorbtion makes this my strongest point, but overall, she comes out balanced. I may invest in Alteration to reinforce my armor, and Magic Resistance, but only if I find myself getting Squishy.

At the moment, the plan is 1H, Conjuration (Atromancy, not Necromancy) and Enchant when I can. All 3 filled out, I should cap below 30, and hopefully be capable of clearing most everything without it being a romp. Destruction should be handled with Staffs, so as soon as I've got Vokun, next stop is Winterhold, then Sarthal for an amulet, and semi-auto lightning rifle. The real plan is to eventually become self sufficient to run around, and troubleshoot the Mod I'm working on.

That's pretty much my main build... minus the smithy (I love crafting, all 3 smith, alch, ench) Playing as a Breton female... weight slider all the way to the left for that "petite" look... gives me a real sense of dominance.

DovahCap

The one cube to rule them all.
Nice addition with the Targe of the Blooded. I bet you looted her Steel Plate too :p

I took her steel plate gauntlets for my follower at the time, Lydia. I already had a set of Steel Plate, courtesy of a mister F. Orge.

Gore gro-Gijakudob

It's also a good idea to pour yourself a rum (I mean a cup of tea) and really spend some time on the character creation process. When you get your guy or girl looking just right, things seem to fall into place.

It's also a good idea to pour yourself a rum (I mean a cup of tea) and really spend some time on the character creation process. When you get your guy or girl looking just right, things seem to fall into place.
I always do.
1024x819.resizedimage

A detective might be fun. There are definitely a lot of in-game quests to support it. You could put points into speech, lockpick, and sneak, and use light weaponry/fists.

You could also be just an ordinary citizen or peasant that just farms, cuts wood, and cooks. That sounds immensely boring though.

On my next build, I'm planning on being a hardcore survivalist that lives in the colder parts of Skyrim. He wears fur, hunts horker, etc.

Gore gro-Gijakudob

Any tips on making characters? They always wind up looking like they have Down Syndrome when I make them
This is going to sound really obvious but the key is practice and patience, it usually takes me about 2 and a half hours to get my character just right. My first few characters looked pretty bad too, now I'm always happy with the way they turn out. The two bits of advice I would give is not to go too extreme on any of the features and for mer characters, try to make them look as human as possible.

Any tips on making characters? They always wind up looking like they have Down Syndrome when I make them
After you get most of her features dialed in, go back to Eyes. This is what we naturally focus on in a face, even when we know it's a 2 dimensional picture created by a computer. The critical slider for making them look human seems to be how far apart they are, though height plays a role as well. Slide these back, and forth until it snaps into pretty. You'll know.

Moving the Jaw Foreward (under Mouth) also moves the lower lip. Move her head to profile to get her lips together. This setting varies with different mouth shapes. While you're there, move her mouth up, down, Foreward, and back to set the pucker factor. Centered between the nose, and chin is usually most attractive. I haven't been able to get them to stick their tongue out, and simulate Down's Syndrome, yet.

Squirrel_killer-

The blade in the dark and the hand at your throat
Something I have been doing is taking your common classes/builds and dropping a fundamental part from it. Mage: Dropped Destruction completely. Assassin (Not a Nightblade so no Illusion): No Sneak perks. Warrior: No Armor.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts