• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Uriel_Giordano

I know this thread is a bit weird but i am really afraid of these Frostbite Spiders, i know that they can be found in the Wilderness but is there any who can get me a list free that all the caves/dungeons/dwemer ruins and all other locations with Frostbite Spiders can be encountered. I hate those things, too many eyes you know.

Saozig

Hippy
Well, be sure to not join the Dark Brotherhood.

Unfortunately for you, they show up in a lot of places: falmer dens (including Dwemer ruins), hargraven/witches dens, mage dens, vampire dens and animal dens. Because sometimes their appearance is dependent on your character level and level of difficulty, it's hard to list where they will be for sure, but you can usually tell a place is regularly inhabited by spiders but the presence of spiderwebs.

Uriel_Giordano

Thanks, the one i Dark Brotherhood is okay i think, okey i dont like it but it isnt attack or something. But to have a follower helps a little bit.

beastoking

Sunvaar Do Keizaal
well, if you ever want to go back to helgen to loot it, the spiders there respawned for me, theres also the fact that i cant seem to go any friggin where in the rift or in the marshes of morthal without tripping over one here and again.

I have araChnaphobia myself but i made an addon that removed all spiders on any locations And I tested it in a few dungeons where I was for sure there we're spiders in it but they weren't there so if you want the file I could upload it in the steamcommunity or send it to you.

sticky runes

they can show up in just about any dungeon, whether its draugr or dwemer... and they sometimes hunt alongside other animals.

You can make a fun RP about how your character is severely arachnophic and will take on bandits, vampires, ghosts, giants, dremora, dragons, but spiders? F##k. That. Sh#t. you can horde invisibility potions and use them to hide from the spiders while your followers kill them for you. Imagine your character showing up at a village and saying "Frostbite spiders taken over your mine? Not to worry, we'll clear them out for you." then once you're inside and out of earshot from the villagers "Uthgerd, go kill those things for me, my rockjoint's playing up again..."

Mr Forz

I'm helping. Mostly.
The 4 locations that strike me with these spiders are Ustengrav, sadly it's unavoidable. Cronvangr Cave, south of Windhelm, Nchuand-Zel, the ruins within Markarth, and... Redbelly Mine?

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
They're pretty much everywhere. Not so much in Dwemer ruins, but they are there. I'd worry more about the Charus in the Dwemer ruins.

I don't think you can avoid them really. They're pretty much the go-to pest for Skyrim (that and bears - Oh Lord! The bears!).

Gregor Moon Fang

Champion of Azura
This is off of memory. Feel free to pitch in if I miss any.

Helgen (going through the tutorial cave)
Bleak Falls Barrow (unavoidable if playing MQ)
Ustengrav (room before you "get" the Windcaller Horn) (unavoidable if playing MQ)
Redbelly Mine (next to Shor's Stone NW of Riften)
Nchuand-Zel (below Markarth) (Note: Nimhe spawns twice)
Frostflow Lighthouse (along with Charus)
Folgunthar (ruin in Hjallmarch)
Dustman's Cairn (unavoidable if playing Companions questline) (Tip: Do this mission before level 13)
Ysgramor's Tomb (unavoidable if playing Companions questline)
Cronvangr Cave (arachnophobes should avoid this cave at all costs. this cave alone gave me this fear)
Dimhollow Cave (where you get Serena)
This ruin in the Reach east of Dushnikh Yal (this long name that starts with an H)
This ruin in Blackreach when you enter from the Mzinchaleft ruins (if you stand around the area where the giant patrols and look to your left you can see the spider webs)
The cave that you go through to get to the Forgotten Vale

Those are places guaranteed to have them (that I remember). Unfortunately like the others have said they can literally be found anywhere, any size. The higher you are in level the better chance you have of encountering one and of the spider being the giant version. You simply have to pray to the RNG gods that the game doesn't choose to generate a spider at the area you're currently in.

Anyways good luck on your endeavors and I hope this helps. :beermug:

sticky runes

Movarth's lair has a few spiders guarding the entry chamber.

Chillwind Depths, the cave near Dragon Bridge where you find the dead Redguard woman and carriage on the road, and an adventurer's camp across the river.

I sometimes get giant frostbite spiders spawning on the roadside as I'm travelling along the lake shore between Riverwood and Falkreath.

They're also quite frequent when I'm traveling the woded and mountian paths from Ivarstead to Riften.

N

Nilria Blackfang

There are some in Raven Rock Mine too. Valthume, Volskygge, and The Reeking Tower. Also, there is a spider trap near the Yogrim lake. They are hiding in the trees above.