Fortify armour enchant

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

dbukalski

I was looking at this enchantment and I started wondering. If Im at 100 skill does this enchantment matter? Does armour rating depend on skill also? so that more than 100 skill in heavy armour is useful? How much does skill factor into this?

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
I'm not even sure what the first two sentences of your post mean but in general skill level matters. Your Enchantment skill level will affect the strength of the enchantment you place on an item.

Armor rating is influenced by armor skill but the damage reduction from armor rating is hardcapped at 80% and is attained by achieving an armor rating of 567. If you wear 4 pieces of 25% Fortify Smithing apparel with 100 Smithing skill, with a 100 in your worn armor skill you will easily surpass this cap with many kinds of armor assuming you are taking all the armor rating improvement perks.

dbukalski

I thought fortify armour enchantment raised your heavy armour skill. You answered my question that your heavy armour skill does factor into your armour rating.

So would +12 heavy armour enchantment skill be better than fortify armour enchantment?

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
I still don't understand your question. +12 Heavy Armor enchantment is a Fortify Heavy Armor Skill enchantment.

Hygelac7

I'm not even sure what the first two sentences of your post mean but in general skill level matters. Your Enchantment skill level will affect the strength of the enchantment you place on an item.

Armor rating is influenced by armor skill but the damage reduction from armor rating is hardcapped at 80% and is attained by achieving an armor rating of 567. If you wear 4 pieces of 25% Fortify Smithing apparel with 100 Smithing skill, with a 100 in your worn armor skill you will easily surpass this cap with many kinds of armor assuming you are taking all the armor rating improvement perks.
So, you're saying that after a 567 armor rating there is no more damage reduction? Is there any benefit to having a higher armor rating? Does the armor rating only affect the percentage of damage taken?

Hygelac7

I was looking at this enchantment and I started wondering. If Im at 100 skill does this enchantment matter? Does armour rating depend on skill also? so that more than 100 skill in heavy armour is useful? How much does skill factor into this?
If it improves your armor skill then yes, it should affect your armor class. I'm not sure what it will do if you are at 100. I suggest you save your game, then do the enchantment and see if it makes a difference. If it doesn't reload your save before the enchantment.

I noticed yesterday that my "legendary" improved armor and weapons could suddenly be improved again. It didn't gain any new title besides "legendary", but I was able to improve the stats. My smithing has been at 100 for a while, and the skill hasn't gone beyond 100 (as far as I can see), but I've been doing a lot of smithing since I hit 100 and suddenly I could improve my stuff again (beyond what I thought was the cap at a 100 smithing skill)....

Let us know if you gain anything with that armor enchantment.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts