Forbidden Legend; Saarthal Issues (Spoilers)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Hygelac7

Apparently (according to the skyrim wiki page) there is a bug regarding the College of Winterhold. If you attempt a persuasion on Faralda (which I did), on the entrance bridge, you cannot further the quest. I learned of this too late.

Now, as far as I know, I also cannot complete the Forbidden Legend quest because I cannot enter the ruins at Saarthal because that part of the quest begins inside the College of Winterhold. Is this true? Can people confirm that? Is there any alternative?

I have already acquired the first two pieces of the Gauldur Amulet Fragment, and I cannot remove them from my inventory. Bummer if I'm stuck with them cause I can't complete the quest.....

Thanks very much for anyone's help!!

*NOTE ADDED: I am currently living and working in China. There is not Xbox live here, so I do not have access to patches or updates.

What I'm mostly concerned about here is entering Saarthal. Can I do that without the Winterhold quest?

Reiji

Dark Mage of Clan Thu'um
So you can't enter the College of Winterhold at all?

Hygelac7

No. I can't complete the first interaction with Faralda, who (I've read) grants access. If I approach the door of the college the action indicator informs me that I need a key, which I'm assuming is given by Faralda....So no entry for me. Unless you or anyone knows of another option for me, I'm stuck.

According to this page on the Skyrim Wiki: http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/The_College_of_Winter’s_Hold (under "bugs" section at the bottom, third bullet) the quest will not complete if the Dragonborn or persuasion options are selected first. It's true; I tried the persuasion, and now every time I try to talk to her and demonstrate the magelight spell she says "you were going to show me what you can do" (or something to that effect) and then my only reply option is the "Nevermind....blah blah..." option. Exiting the dialogue and casting the spell does nothing either.

Just wondering if anyone has any new ideas or options that can work.

*NOTE: I am living and working in China. There is no Xbox live here, so I currently do not have access to patches and updates....

Hygelac7

My biggest question right now, however, is whether there is another way to enter Saarthal. I believe there is a word of power in there and I would really like to enter that dungeon. This character is a warrior, so I'm not terribly concerned if I can't enter the College of Winterhold. I would certainly like to enter Saarthal....

Reiji

Dark Mage of Clan Thu'um
I've looked around and there is one way but it's only for PC. The shout in Saarthal is Ice, Ice Form. Seems like there is no way for Xbox or PS3 players to get in Saarthal without the key.

Hygelac7

I've looked around and there is one way but it's only for PC. The shout in Saarthal is Ice, Ice Form. Seems like there is no way for Xbox or PS3 players to get in Saarthal without the key.
OK. Bummer. Oh well. Thanks a lot for your help man. :)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts