Spoiler Followers: Love em? Hate em? And a glitch.

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

CognitiveCog

Puppetmaster
Personally I love having a pack mule, though they are a tad glitchy.

Interesting find: if your follower equips an enchanted weapon, the effect still happens but it doesn't use charges.

Dcon6393

it would be a bit annoying to have to charge a followers weapons. I personally don't use them at all. I find their path-finding annoying and I like to be stealthy through entire caves. Plus I dual wield, sneak attack, with daedric daggers, I think I am good :p

Deadhand

PLEASE DON'T EAT THOSE SOCKS!
Wha!? My follower was burning the enchants on my weapons... BUT... give them one good arrow (daedric in my case) and they'll shoot daedric arrows without burning the one you gave them, and you can pick up a healthy amount of the ones they do shoot!

Far as if I like them or not... my main style of play is stealth... It just doesn't feel right sneaking around with someone at my back going O_O. The entire time... like seriously go back to the house and sit in my room and eat my food, Creepy Creeperson... Oh and the wife and I just LOVE it when you sit there while we're going to sleep... not creepy at all... Stupid Housecarl... sorry got off on a tangent.

Maybe I'd have a follower if they weren't so slow. Sure, they can carry your stuff, but you have to move slower in order for them to catch up, especially in Dungeons.

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
Wha!? My follower was burning the enchants on my weapons... BUT... give them one good arrow (daedric in my case) and they'll shoot daedric arrows without burning the one you gave them, and you can pick up a healthy amount of the ones they do shoot!

Far as if I like them or not... my main style of play is stealth... It just doesn't feel right sneaking around with someone at my back going O_O. The entire time... like seriously go back to the house and sit in my room and eat my food, Creepy Creeperson... Oh and the wife and I just LOVE it when you sit there while we're going to sleep... not creepy at all... Stupid Housecarl... sorry got off on a tangent.

I know what you mean. I'm always seeing the Housecarl in the master bedroom. I'm like WTF, you have your own room. GTFO. And that arrow trick is cool. I'm going to have to try it out.

Overall I don't like followers, but Cicero and the Spectral Assassin are exceptions.

Argurotoxus

Hate them, a lot. It's like a reason never to use any of the adept level destruction spells, ever. Also, I'll be staggering some big death lord or high priest, and suddenly Lydia runs right in my line of fire and breaks my chain.

Then they ruin my stealth....So forget them.

Nightmare Shadow

Master of Shadow
Aside from the glitchiness of followers, I LOVE THEM. First, I hated them (well I only had used Lydia) and I didn't upgrade her equipment so she died in my first dungeon. But in my Redguard character I have Lydia as my Housecarl and recently married Vela the Huntress and damn its so nice to have a partner in battle.

Nightmare Shadow

Master of Shadow
Yea companions definitely use up weapon charges, dumb ass lydia burnt through every last charge of the sanguine rose on everything from dragon priests to skeevers. The woman wears me out but she's got some strong legs! Makes a good distraction also.

I see what you did there ;).

Kai

I like followers, they carry my stuff, the pathfinding is terrible but they always show up sooner or later, I just try not to worry. My follower is also a badass thats always shooting fireballs and smashing heads in with his axe. But he isnt good at stealth so I usually tell him to wait before I go on stealth mode.

I wish there was a way to summon your follower or some kind of marker on the map so that I could find them when I tell them to wait.

CognitiveCog

Puppetmaster
Wierd, mine don't use charges but I constantly have to give him arrows...

Edit: maybe its the platform? I'm on PS3, or maybe its who you use? I have the wood elf F.... Fendel? I forget his name, I'm not in front of the game, but he's primarily an archer. Though he does love the enchanted sword I got him (+20 shock damage + half as much magical damage) and it doesn't use charges.

And as long as I only give him bows and daggers to carry he's great for my Khajiit thief.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts