Follower get items in chest become stolen

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Mike Page

MR PAGE
PS3 - How can I undo a obvious glitch where non stolen items become stolen because I ask a follower to take items from a chest in my home to move them to one of my built homes without having to reverse pickpocket a hundred items?

Removing the follower from service then rehiring him while the items where in his possesion seemed to work a while back but not so much now.

JClarke1953

I've not had that happen with me, and I've moved several times (now a permanent resident of Solstheim).

You didn't mention what platform you play on. If it's a PC, someone here might have a code you can input. I use an XBox, so that's one glitch I've not heard about or experienced.

Nighthiker77

You are using a glitch to avoid overencumberance right? You can just make multiple trips, if I understand the problem correctly.

If you already did it and don't have a previous save and want to remove the stolen tags, the only way I know to do that is to sell them to a fence.

You could also give them regular items the normal way, then transfer crafting supplies with the exploit since they are consumed. That way you might only need 2 or 3 trips.

Mike Page

MR PAGE
No, it was more than I could carry so I placed some items back into the chest and went to get my follower then told them to get the items in the chest. It was no more than maybe 100 in weight it was just 100 more than I could do. It wade items that I made and other items tag as stolen.

JClarke1953

Depending on what you stole, you can fence them, or if they're ingots, once you make them into armor/jewelry, the red is removed, as you've changed the appearance. Both have worked for me.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts