• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Tusck

Anyone else disappointed that there is no fishing mini game besides just catching them with your hands? I mean seriously, this is a Nordic game, a society based on seafaring and fishing, and we can't even have a net? I spent many, many hours fishing in SWG and FFXI, so I was really hoping for something time consuming and fun.

Anyone else?

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
I'm not all that disappointed by small mini game that gets you food. Even if they had it, fishing minigame sounds pretty boring... Also, catching them with bare hands sounds pretty cool all by itself.

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
Dude, chill out, hexperiment is the first and only one so far to comment on your thread. Don’t go around assuming stuff.

I for one would also have preferred a minigame for this. I mean, come on, Bethesda, how hard could that be?

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
a) I did not say that you were freaking out.
b) I only meant to point out that one member isn’t really a big enough sample size to arrive at the conclusion “Everyone but me does not care about it”.

I’m over-analyzing this, I know. Sue me :p

Hellfire

Well, im just imagining how you could catch it with your hand...kinda hard, well i did it once in real life true story...but only small fishies....i love fishing in real life and in games! I once caught a baby shark =3

Vimalamitra

Professional complainer
Anyone else disappointed that there is no fishing mini game besides just catching them with your hands? I mean seriously, this is a Nordic game, a society based on seafaring and fishing, and we can't even have a net? I spent many, many hours fishing in SWG and FFXI, so I was really hoping for something time consuming and fun.

Anyone else?

Nah.. My character is going to be a lacto-ovo-vegetarian. But you do have point there, norther you go, more crazier people will come about hunting and fishing here in Nordic countries. I can give testimony on that one.

Sheogorath

Cheese for everyone.
I too wish that there was some sort of fishing mini game, it is fun to see what creatures are lurking in the depths :)

Flamingtaco

Ack, I cannot believe I'm the only one that likes in game fishing!
Wii play fishing is pretty super sick :p. I imagine it wouldn't be too hard for them to have included a simple minigame, but obviously fishing with your bare hands is much more practical in the eyes of Bethesda.

Jep

That's actually a damn good idea. Finding a pole and casting it out in every lake you come across. Even if it's almost pointless (I guess you could sell or eat what you catch), it would be an awesome ability. Think about how fun it was to fish in Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess, even though it had nothing to do with the quest.

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
The games of the “Stranded” series have fishing in them and are played from the First Perspective and it works for them. It’s kinda fun to just be able to pull out your rod near any body of water and catch yourself some yummy fish and prepare it afterwards. A minigame (not matter how simple) would have been the better choice, I believe.

Vimalamitra

Professional complainer
How about hunting game with a bow? I think it's possible to shoot down birds and deers. It's not an actual mini-game, but can be seen as one. I recall animals are skinnable, so you can also profit from that.

Travis

I'm totally with you Tusck, I think fishing would be way fun. Just a little chill diversion. Especially if the animations are good, and the scenery is high res, and nicely detailed.... very relaxing :)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts