• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Taking a break from Skyrim for a few weeks to run through Oblivion. I'm a regular on the Skyrim Forums (evidence the 5K+ posts!) so let's see what I can do about the Oblivion one. :) Thanks Skyrimmers for the link!:

First impressions:
1) It's addictive! - While I can spend ours playing Skyrim, with Oblivion I simply loose track of time. Yesterday, I started a new character - Imperial, Male, Echo, apparently he's an "Agent"???? and his sign is the Lady at 6 in the evening and before I knew it it was 2 AM! Wouldn't have been so bad if I hadn't had to get up at 4:30 this morning for work. FAH!
2) I HATE LOCKPICKING! I'll keep trying, but I just can't get the hang of it. Yes, I have the YouTube video that shows you how, but I can't seem to get the timing right. Maybe I'll get better with practice. In the meantime I'll loot what I can and sell what I collect.
3) What's with people's teeth! Good lord they're ugly. The last thing I want is a closeup of those faces. Ick.
4) The world seems larger. Don't know why, but I can just keep going and going an always find something new. I've killed so many goblins and bandits at this point. :) Speaking of which - why do Goblins never have any good loot?
5) Is it my imagination or are there more options for clothing, armor and weapons in Oblivion? Echo can dress like a warrior or a dandy in a hundred different ways. It's cool!
6) Slaughterfish - what can I say. Apparently Cyrodil waterways are simply infested with them.
7) Anyone have any suggestions on which Mages Guild to join? I'm not really playing a Mage, more of a spellsword, but I get the impression that you're not allowed to enter the Archane University unless you are a member of the guild. I WANT SPELLS!
8) The Undead - ick. These are awful. They truly are walking corpses. Rotting corpses. What use could I possibly have for all that Morte Flesh. Ick.
9) Wolves - why do they look like huskies? I always feel so bad for killing them.

TheEvilQueen

Dunmer Fangirl
For your question about Mages guilds, you really need to find out what magic you love the most since each guild in each city specializes in different magic schools. I.E bravil is Illusion. Hope that helps :)

JoeReese

Yeah, Daelon, you spurred me. I created a Breton battlemage. Just got some half decent leather armor, and now I'm headed to all the different guild halls to get recommendations.
I haven't gone for it yet, but if you want, there's a helm of nighteye laying on the ocean floor. You'll need a spell/potion of waterbreathing, or REALLY good timing, to get it, but it's well worth it in those dark dungeons.

Daelon DuLac

For your question about Mages guilds, you really need to find out what magic you love the most since each guild in each city specializes in different magic schools. I.E bravil is Illusion. Hope that helps :)
It does! Thank you!

TheEvilQueen

Dunmer Fangirl
I also recommend getting the ring from The Warlock's Luck from Bravil, it's pricy but worth it! I warn you though it can make you squishy but it gives your magic mega oomph

Daelon DuLac

I also recommend getting the ring from The Warlock's Luck from Bravil, it's pricy but worth it! I warn you though it can make you squishy but it gives your magic mega oomph
Now I just need to find Bravil. :) I had trouble finding the Imperial City and I escaped from it! :)

TheEvilQueen

Dunmer Fangirl
Now I just need to find Bravil. :) I had trouble finding the Imperial City and I escaped from it! :)

The Map always hurt my eyes tbh. Another thing you should know about! If you want a honorable cheatless way of making money you can head to Leyawiin and go to the castle, while there you'll meet Mazoga (an orc and my fav character) help her with her quest and you'll get a home and bed for free! and a steady way of making money!

Daelon DuLac

The Map always hurt my eyes tbh. Another thing you should know about! If you want a honorable cheatless way of making money you can head to Leyawiin and go to the castle, while there you'll meet Mazoga (an orc and my fav character) help her with her quest and you'll get a home and bed for free! and a steady way of making money!
Cool! Thank you! I will definately have to go there. I agree that the map is very annoying. I can barely read it. Usually I just follow the markers and signs.

JoeReese

I'd forgotten about her. I must visit as well.