• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

BunnyFastard

Just been thinking about this so thought I would put it out to the masses.

Without knowing a spotted enemies available health, is it a waste to tip the first arrow with any kind of poison knowing you may kill them with one shot anyway?

Zelek2

chances are if it not a boss, you wont need any poisons. If your unsure and dont want to use a poison. plan an escape route ahead of time.

The Barefoot Nord

I need some dragon scale shoes.
Use Paralysis Poison just in case it isn't a one shot kill. You may get a second shot in and finish the job before they get up.

I love Imp Stool and Cannis Root!!

Oren74

Poisons are too difficult to work with. You should be able to tip a batch of arrows. Three clicks to put poison (that most of the time doesn't make a difference) on one arrow (not to mention the alchemy & setting up favorites) is way too clumsy.

Should make a potion that can poison tip a lot of 50 arrows.

Zelek2

Poisons are too difficult to work with. You should be able to tip a batch of arrows. Three clicks to put poison (that most of the time doesn't make a difference) on one arrow (not to mention the alchemy & setting up favorites) is way too clumsy.

Should make a potion that can poison tip a lot of 50 arrows.

Fully agree, but they would have to lower the damage that poisons can do. adding 20 damage to a batch of 50 arrows would be overkill. Even with 100 alchemy and a 8 perks into alchemy. I dont think I will use any outside of the rare paralyze.

Mabe

I only use them when against bosses, usually when they have killed me on a previous run thru.

The Barefoot Nord

I need some dragon scale shoes.
The only issue I have found with the use of poison tipped arrows is when I shoot the chair the Bandit is sitting in instead of hitting him in the head like I planned. Isn't it always my last bit of poison too...

BunnyFastard

Thought I would ask as I am not too great with alchemy yet and don't want to be wasting my hard earned poisons. If anything I usually tip them with a slow poison, that mixed with the "slow time" archery perk seems to give me a massive edge over bosses if I see them soon enough.

Bit off topic but it is so gratifying now I am using more of the potential of archery! Pulling enemies to new positions with placed arrows is awesome, it's like playing with your prey before putting them out of their misery. Seems harsh at times as they don't stand a chance, but the rule I live by is "If it is armed and in front of me - IT DESERVES TO DIE"

brandon

when i used to use poisons i always used frostbite venom. itll usually kill quickly and if not itll slow them down alot so i can get another shot off. and its easy to come by. i sell the other poisons i make or find.

I don't use poisions, so I'm not sure about your dilemma, but consider this, do you have the poisons to spare?

if you do than it hardly matters, if you don't than you need to take note of who your fighting, for example, if i did use poisons I would never use them on a drogue, because I almost always one hit them, and if i don't it's because I was detected anyway.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts