Spoiler Finished The Dark Brotherhood quests... Now what?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

LoadZ

[SPOILER ALERT!!!]

I've been literally GLUED to my xbox playing Skyrim, having so much fun sneaking around and assassinating fools with the Dark Brotherhood.

Perhaps my favorite thing about this game has been how much it allowed me to really get in character, I felt like my character now has a real identity and personality. :D

However, I just completed the final Dark Brotherhood quest of killing the emperor. I got paid 20k to do it, and spent most of that on fixing up the Dawnstar sanctuary. Now it seems all my quests are over? All I get to do is these generic, "Kill this person with no name" quests from the night mother for small amounts of Gold, which I don't need any more of anyway.

Now I'm feeling a little frustrated and disappointed, because I feel like this game encouraged me to step fully into bein an evil assassin, in service of the Dark Brotherhood. But now, my ONLY option is to either do these stupid, filler endgame DBH quests, OR do the even stupider, goodie-two-shoes quests from the other guilds/main quest. Every quest feels so annoying/pointless/repetitive now:

1) Here's some random, helpless person, who needs YOUR help and only yours
2) Now go retrieve some stupid item of theirs, probably from deep within a dungeon however the fl*ff that happens
3) Now bring it back to them for a mediocre reward which I probably can't even use or wont help me anyways.

It's really annoying because all these "Help a random stranger" quests are so repetitive, and more imprtantly, my character would NEVER normally do them b/c he's an @sshole that works for the Dark brotherhood, lol.

I dunno. Anyone else had this sort of thing happen to them? I feel like all I can do now is reroll a new char...Kind of lame to do now thoguh at level 30. =/

:) Happy hunting

Mindfux

yeah, there's also the option of talking to the 4 torture victims until they tell you where their gold caches are hidden..you can make around 8k off that

i have so much money from finishing the DB and Thieves Guild questlines that i don't ever spend lol

i'm off doing the main quest and a bunch of random quests that start from books i've read though..i only go into the sanctuary for the potions and the garden, or to store things

Kai

Its pretty sad to me that the plotline of the DB doesnt go furthur, I feel like it only scratched the surface of "rebuilding" the brotherhood.

LoadZ

I totally agree. I'm shocked that they'd end the questline HERE, now that theres so much potential for regrowth. Really disappointing.

And yeah- I did the torture victim quests already. More gold I don't need...yayyyy... =/

Do you guys have cool gear/spells or are there any quests that will get me that?

Mindfux

the nightingale armor from the end of the thieves guild is nice...i mainly use a mixture of nightingale, cicero's gloves and some mask called krosis that i found that makes your lockpicking, alchemy and archery 20% better

maybe they'll add some more content on with a DLC or something

LoadZ

Yeah I have Krosis and a couple other dragon priest masks as well... those are cool.

I realy hope they make some more DLC stuff.

Good to know the thieves guild pays off- I'll try and get that armor next :) thx

Mindfux

if you're a light armor wearer like i am, it's worth it..it kind of has a batman/dark night vibe..but most of it does the same stuff that the dark brotherhood armor already does (the feet muffle your footsteps)..i really only wear the body piece though (stamina +30pts, increased resistence to frost 30%) but the full set looks pretty sweet...i think the head gives you a 15% boost to illusion, can't remember what the gloves do off the top

LoadZ

I'm down, that sounds pretty sweet... Will be a good change from the dark brotherhood leather armor I've been wearing.

I guess thats it as far as cool armor for assassins goes?

Mindfux

you get your choice from 3 different abilities as well (that you can switch after an in game day)..one drains 100 hp from enemies, one gives you the ability to turn an enemy against his friends and frenzies for you, the other makes you invisible in dark areas

i think that's about it for stealthy characters that i've seen so far, but i'm only lvl 33 at the moment, i haven't seen any of the higher end armor you can smith or enchantments yet

LoadZ

What about badass Weaps? Daggers/swords, one handers in general?

I got that Mace of Malog Bal which I've been using which is pretty badass, but had it for a long while now.

Lycan

Forest Crawler
Back on topic, perhaps you could ask some modders for high end assassination contracts? Or just wait until some come out

Touchstone

Seems like a follow up DB storyline quest mod would be an excellent addition.

Kai

Yeah I play on xbox as well, just officially finished the DB campaign. Its depressing, you bring back this amazing news and what does the brotherhood look like now that it has been brough back to the golden days:

An old corpse in the corner, a redguard assasin slowly drinking alone, a single apprentice mumbling to themselves and a little girl sitting in a chair. Depressing as hell.

This is the only part of the game that I really think dissapoints, the DB plotline was by far the best, it had the only characters I actually got semi attached to, the quests were by far the most interesting and fun and the plot was exciting and shocking. Yet when you are at the very moment where it feels like things may be looking up, that you will be able to return the DB to its former glory, it ends.

LAME.

LoadZ

Yeah I play on xbox as well, just officially finished the DB campaign. Its depressing, you bring back this amazing news and what does the brotherhood look like now that it has been brough back to the golden days:

An old corpse in the corner, a redguard assasin slowly drinking alone, a single apprentice mumbling to themselves and a little girl sitting in a chair. Depressing as hell.

This is the only part of the game that I really think dissapoints, the DB plotline was by far the best, it had the only characters I actually got semi attached to, the quests were by far the most interesting and fun and the plot was exciting and shocking. Yet when you are at the very moment where it feels like things may be looking up, that you will be able to return the DB to its former glory, it ends.

LAME.
OMG, thank you!!!

Thats exactly how I feel. Especially because [SPOILER ALERT!!!] when you complete the last quest, the night mother LITERALLY says, "...but our work is JUST beginning!"

... and then you're forced to do lameass no-name quests. It honestly makes me depressed

LoadZ

Where Do You Join The Dark Brotherhood/Thieves guild, I Haven't Got To Explore Much ye But Haven't Found Them.

Go to winterhelm, ask around at the bars for rumours in the dark elf district.

He'll tell you to go to this Aventius something's house. Go to this kid's house, complete his quest, wait a few days, go to sleep, and welcome to the dark brotherhood.

For the thieves guild: Just go to riften and ask around with people. They'll tell you to go to the ratways. Go to the ratways in riften (the lower part of the city by the water/docks. Theres a door that says "ratways") and find the thieves guild.

Mindfux

well, you have to talk to the dude (Brynjolf) in the inn that asks you to steal the lizard (Modesi's) ring in the market

HaxAras

Go to winterhelm, ask around at the bars for rumours in the dark elf district.

He'll tell you to go to this Aventius something's house. Go to this kid's house, complete his quest, wait a few days, go to sleep, and welcome to the dark brotherhood.

For the thieves guild: Just go to riften and ask around with people. They'll tell you to go to the ratways. Go to the ratways in riften (the lower part of the city by the water/docks. Theres a door that says "ratways") and find the thieves guild.
Thanks!!!! That's A HUGE Help. I'll Probably Do it Ounce I've Become A Werewolf.

Flamingtaco

[SPOILER ALERT!!!]

I've been literally GLUED to my xbox playing Skyrim, having so much fun sneaking around and assassinating fools with the Dark Brotherhood.

It's really annoying because all these "Help a random stranger" quests are so repetitive, and more imprtantly, my character would NEVER normally do them b/c he's an @sshole that works for the Dark brotherhood, lol.

I dunno. Anyone else had this sort of thing happen to them? I feel like all I can do now is reroll a new char...Kind of lame to do now thoguh at level 30. =/

:) Happy hunting
My advice is to take the game a little slower and not try to blow through all the content a week after its release.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts