Spoiler Finished The Dark Brotherhood quests... Now what?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Brother

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one. This thread sums up everything I've been thinking since I finished it when I was like level 5. The questline should have been many hours longer. I wasn't even playing that much and I finished it very, very quickly. It would have been LESS depressing if the Brotherhood had just disbanded, instead of lulling you into a false sense of accomplishment. Bethesda needs to release a major update on Steam, including:

-Finding and training DB initiates with NAMES, for Sithis' sake!
-Establishing multiple sanctuaries throughout Skyrim.
-TRULY restoring the Brotherhood to its former glory.
-In-depth questlines relating to the torture victims. How their families react, how they were captured, and more quests to capture more victims.
-More assassin gear.
-More targets, more assassinations, more fun!

I have no experience with the Elder Scrolls games aside from Skyrim, but it would be so amazing if they released an update like this. Too bad it's just wishful thinking. I feel so depressed now. The game is pretty much over.

Kai

What I did to get new "Initiates" was I found random companions and gave them DB armour, now theres a few more DB agents around Skyrim, makes it a little less depressing but I only had like two pairs of armour to give out. Maybe theres some more stashed around the old sanctuary, but I hate going there.

Wouldnt it be cool though if every possible companion had DB armour? It would be like having your assasins out in the world waiting for your orders.

Brother

Well, by the time you're done with the DB quests, you'll have so much gold you won't care about wasting it all on decorating the sanctuary.

Vexinator

what i wonder is why are you all just focussing on the dark brotherhood. i have a few characters who are over level 50 already and i can still find things to do. just go out hunting dragons and finding the dragon peaks or even go through just any random cave or ruin. ive actually found 9 dragon priest masks

Quanah

Bosmer Shadowscale
The Dark Brotherhood is selective when it comes to recruitment.

I've only given two followers ancient shrouded armor and that's Derkeethus, because when I found him he said that I reminded him of the Shadowscales. Lucky for him I am a Shadowscale. I just wanted an Argonian assassin to cover my back.

The other ancient shrouded armor I gave to Eola because she's a cannibal just like me.

I would give my other extra set to a Khajit, but I find none of them suited for the role of a cold blooded killer.

An Orc is just not sneaky enough and since I don't have a housecarl in Riften I use Borgakh the Steel Heart as my wife's bodyguard. I just tell her to sit and wait, I pay her handsomely too.

Anyways, I just go around killing people that I decide need to be killed in Skyrim. That pretty much has cured my depression of when the Brotherhood questline ended.

Also about, Maven Black-Briar, that old hag thinks she runs everything and can tell the DB what to do and when to do it. I wish I could kill her. I already killed her son in jail.

Quanah

Bosmer Shadowscale
Gabriella gives you a gem to give to a fortune teller in Whiterun, Olav the feeble or something.

She tells you that an Assassin of old wants to give you a gift and a rather splendid gift it is.

conchvegas

Aravis, deadly archer
I actually enjoy doing random quests for people and kicking bandit's asses. Sure I don't need the piddly gold, but it's just fun.

stagnant94

i was hoping they'd do what the thieves guild did, which was allow you to rebuild the guild in other cities after the main quest line. it would've been cool to be able to rebuild the DB​

BFP53

I did the DB hood also i killed them all..i wiped out the DB.

Suleku

The Grey Knight
I have no experience with the Elder Scrolls games aside from Skyrim, but it would be so amazing if they released an update like this. Too bad it's just wishful thinking. I feel so depressed now. The game is pretty much over.

.... lol Oooh you'll be back when an expansion comes out... o_O One isn't simply done with skyrim.... Not in this life or the next :p Besides this game has endless amount of content then any mmorpg I ever played.. too much to do soo little time... Go on a killing spree if your feeling that depressed...

SkinnedLikeScum

Dragon Slayer
[SPOILER ALERT!!!]

I've been literally GLUED to my xbox playing Skyrim, having so much fun sneaking around and assassinating fools with the Dark Brotherhood.

Perhaps my favorite thing about this game has been how much it allowed me to really get in character, I felt like my character now has a real identity and personality. :D

However, I just completed the final Dark Brotherhood quest of killing the emperor. I got paid 20k to do it, and spent most of that on fixing up the Dawnstar sanctuary. Now it seems all my quests are over? All I get to do is these generic, "Kill this person with no name" quests from the night mother for small amounts of Gold, which I don't need any more of anyway.

Now I'm feeling a little frustrated and disappointed, because I feel like this game encouraged me to step fully into bein an evil assassin, in service of the Dark Brotherhood. But now, my ONLY option is to either do these stupid, filler endgame DBH quests, OR do the even stupider, goodie-two-shoes quests from the other guilds/main quest. Every quest feels so annoying/pointless/repetitive now:

1) Here's some random, helpless person, who needs YOUR help and only yours
2) Now go retrieve some stupid item of theirs, probably from deep within a dungeon however the fl*ff that happens
3) Now bring it back to them for a mediocre reward which I probably can't even use or wont help me anyways.

It's really annoying because all these "Help a random stranger" quests are so repetitive, and more imprtantly, my character would NEVER normally do them b/c he's an @sshole that works for the Dark brotherhood, lol.

I dunno. Anyone else had this sort of thing happen to them? I feel like all I can do now is reroll a new char...Kind of lame to do now thoguh at level 30. =/

:) Happy hunting

thieves guild, but you wont be killing your already a master infiltrator or close enough so thats a good start, you can always pick a side in the civil war to test your sniping skills with a bow or your hand combat, then theres also the main quest line and a bit of a challenge doing the mage quest with ur character but i reccomend that way in the end when u have all ur perks or just a new character. Also there is quests in everyhold and small town side, to misc, and then lol daedric artifacts and dragon priest masks and words of power to hunt. after doing all that full completion, but gl with the miscs theres hundreds of them hahaha

Serebro Moniker

He who moves it moves it
I know exactly how you feel...
I deal with it by going into cities, deciding who needs to be killed, then killing them. The Forever quests are actually quite enjoyable for me - I use them to test out new assassination methods. I seriously recommend using fury on a target. The guards and civilians nearby take care of the target by themselves.
However, some DLC for the Brotherhood would suit me just fine.

For instance:
- Recruiting new members for the Brotherhood
- Some new weapons - perhaps a bow and sword that do extra damage to assigned targets, or even have the same enchantment as the Blade of Woe.
- Some new contracts from Nazir.
- A new expansion for the questline - perhaps Babette goes missing, or a quest to kill a Jarl or Steward (Proventus please).
- A patch that adds the mask to male cowls - please, God!

Wraith

And this is why I dont bother to buy Bethesda games for a console. You know that the Modders are going to make some awe inspiring additions all on their own. A Dark Brotherhood specific DLC might not be something that Bethesda would go for simply because it might be too niche.

Personally, I found that the end of the Dark Brotherhood story was a nice place to retire that particular character. Once one of my character feels "done" they usually ride off into the sunset. Most of them never even get around to starting the Dragonborn Questline at all, other times I'll start the character, get to Whiterun where they ask me to go to the barrows and then "pause" my main story to "tell the backstory" of the character. For example,

I joined the Dark Brotherhood, did all that stuff and THEN I got caught in the legions trap for Ulfric. I couldnt very well reveal that I was the guy that took out the emperor, so I kept my mouth shut. I didnt realize that we were going to the block at Helgen until it was too late. As I was about to escape (because at that point I'm not about to be beaten by some silly legion soldiers) a frickin' DRAGON attacks! I take the easier route and escape with the Stormcloaks without revealing my true alliegances. I arrive in Riverwood with Raloc once the Dragon makes it's way north.

Now my Dark Brotherhood guy has a perfectly valid lead in to both the Civil War questline and the main questline. You could use the concept for The Companions, The College at Winterhold, or The Thieves Guild equally well. Just consider it your characters "backstory" before this whole Dragonborn thing revealed itself.

The only factions it doesnt really work for is the StormCloaks and the Legion, I have found no way to do those without revealing yourself as the Dragonborn in Whiterun as the two missions intersect directly once Ulfric's Axe gets involved.

Xiomn

I have thought about making up my own Dark Brotherhood quests to sneakily kill some random named person that has no significance on the game for fun. Even thought about just joining the dark brotherhood and doing none of the quests except the Redguard's side quests that way everyone in the guild is still alive and i feel i'm part of something.

Yeah, the razing of the sanctuary was kind of depressing as a conclusion to the DB quest-line...It's like an epic tragedy, really. Astrid sells us out, only to prevent the DB from becoming, well...what it becomes after the move to Danwstar, really.

Before the empirical assassination, the sanctuary was lively. Brothers were swapping stories, talking to eachother and you. Now, Nazir and Babette are retreated each to their own corners, the initiates are nameless acolytes.

I swear it's like the DB has been shattered and the remaining survivors are grieving or something..

Minstrel

Queen of Evil
A few other people have said this but you can always just find unimportant players in the game and go on a quest to kill them. You could pretend they are Stormcloak spies or whatever you want.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts