Finished main quest, now what?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

frost_troll

I know there is literally tonne's to do.. But I am not sure what to do first.
I am level 29 and completed main the questline on adept.
Here's a list of what I am thinking about doing:
- College of Winterhold - Destruction
- Dark Brotherhood (Now sure how to get into it, though)
- Thieves Guild

But what else is there to do? List ANYTHING! AND EVERYTHING!
Thanks!

Anouck

Queen of Procrastination
What is your build? I mean, I don't see a thief or an assassin do the Companions questline..

On my Bosmer hunter, I reached level 20 without doing any of the quests: just hunting. Some people clear out bandit caves or abandoned mines until they're level 30 and decide to finally start doing the quests.

Of course I could just sum up all the questlines in Skyrim for you, but that is something you can also Google yourself. If you want more specific advice, you have to tell me about your play style. ;)

frost_troll

What is your build? I mean, I don't see a thief or an assassin do the Companions questline..

On my Bosmer hunter, I reached level 20 without doing any of the quests: just hunting. Some people clear out bandit caves or abandoned mines until they're level 30 and decide to finally start doing the quests.

Of course I could just sum up all the questlines in Skyrim for you, but that is something you can also Google yourself. If you want more specific advice, you have to tell me about your play style. ;)

Well, Orc, Level 29.
I started out as melee but have changed and am starting to build into a thief/assassin. I am interested in new weapons and armour. I am level 72 smithing and am trying to get to Daedric armour. I like killing things and saving people/animals. I am interested in quests where I can be stealthy and kill people and get rewards and I own the Heathfire and Dragonborn DLC but I am not ready to proceed in the Dragonborn DLC as I don't think I am ready.

What else do you wanna know?

Anouck

Queen of Procrastination

Well, Orc, Level 29.
I started out as melee but have changed and am starting to build into a thief/assassin. I am interested in new weapons and armour. I am level 72 smithing and am trying to get to Daedric armour. I like killing things and saving people/animals. I am interested in quests where I can be stealthy and kill people and get rewards and I own the Heathfire and Dragonborn DLC but I am not ready to proceed in the Dragonborn DLC as I don't think I am ready.

Well, the stealthy quests are definitely the Thieves Guild questline and the Dark Brotherhood one. But being stealthy is also a play style. You can do lots of quests the stealthy way. Even the Companions Questline.

Usually people make more characters with a specific built. For instance: a Nord warrior, a Khajiit thief or an Orc Berserker. Those characters often have a background story, personality traits etc. This way the game lasts much longer. It is also more interesting because your character only does what suits his built.
Your current character is a noble person who likes saving people and animals, yet wants to join the Dark Brotherhood. Do you see how that is contradicting? Maybe this is an idea for a character(s):
- Redo your Orc and really work out a plan you have for him. He can become a smith and a bounty hunter. He travels from hold to hold to deal with bandits and collect the bounties from the jarl's steward. On his travels he collects resources he uses to smith weapons. You can roleplay he sells those to the Imperial Legion or Orc Strongholds.
- Make a stealthy character (Dark Elves, Argonians and Khajiits are races that make good stealth characters). He/she can join the Dark Brotherhood, the Thieves Guild and do the Daedric quests. These are not particularly stealthy, but they do suit the dark character you are making.

I have found two interesting challenges are to collect all of the Dragon Priest masks and to get all the Daedric artifacts. Both will involves you in a very varied and often unusual tasks.

LuChao

The Martial artist
to join Dark Brotherhood you have to find Aventus Aretino in Windhelm he will give you a quest do the quest then find a bed to sleep in and sleep then boom the Dark brotherhood will begin hope this helps :D

frost_troll

Well, Orc, Level 29.

Well, the stealthy quests are definitely the Thieves Guild questline and the Dark Brotherhood one. But being stealthy is also a play style. You can do lots of quests the stealthy way. Even the Companions Questline.

Usually people make more characters with a specific built. For instance: a Nord warrior, a Khajiit thief or an Orc Berserker. Those characters often have a background story, personality traits etc. This way the game lasts much longer. It is also more interesting because your character only does what suits his built.
Your current character is a noble person who likes saving people and animals, yet wants to join the Dark Brotherhood. Do you see how that is contradicting? Maybe this is an idea for a character(s):
- Redo your Orc and really work out a plan you have for him. He can become a smith and a bounty hunter. He travels from hold to hold to deal with bandits and collect the bounties from the jarl's steward. On his travels he collects resources he uses to smith weapons. You can roleplay he sells those to the Imperial Legion or Orc Strongholds.
- Make a stealthy character (Dark Elves, Argonians and Khajiits are races that make good stealth characters). He/she can join the Dark Brotherhood, the Thieves Guild and do the Daedric quests. These are not particularly stealthy, but they do suit the dark character you are making.

Yeah I guess, I still would like to stay as this character until I am 100% done with everything I have to/want to do. Thanks but I don't think I will make an alternate character at the moment but I have bought oblivion and will be playing a khajit thief.

frost_troll

to join Dark Brotherhood you have to find Aventus Aretino in Windhelm he will give you a quest do the quest then find a bed to sleep in and sleep then boom the Dark brotherhood will begin hope this helps :D

Any Requirements? Thanks :)

Anouck

Queen of Procrastination
Well, Orc, Level 29.

Yeah I guess, I still would like to stay as this character until I am 100% done with everything I have to/want to do. Thanks but I don't think I will make an alternate character at the moment but I have bought oblivion and will be playing a khajit thief.

You might find this useful then. :) Takes a bit of reading, but it is quite informative. http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Quests

frost_troll

I have found two interesting challenges are to collect all of the Dragon Priest masks and to get all the Daedric artifacts. Both will involves you in a very varied and often unusual tasks.

Thanks, sounds challenging I have only one mask at the moment and what are these 'artifacts'? I don't understand them or what they are.

frost_troll

You might find this useful then. :) Takes a bit of reading, but it is quite informative. http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Quests

Thanks, I think I will be joining The Dark Brotherhood and may consider making a side character as you suggested.

LuChao

The Martial artist

Any Requirements? Thanks :)

no requirements other then having to kill an old lady :D

Gigapact

Lollygagging Milk Drinker (according to guards)
I know there is literally tonne's to do.. But I am not sure what to do first.
I am level 29 and completed main the questline on adept.
Here's a list of what I am thinking about doing:
- College of Winterhold - Destruction
- Dark Brotherhood (Now sure how to get into it, though)
- Thieves Guild

But what else is there to do? List ANYTHING! AND EVERYTHING!
Thanks!

You're right, there is so much to do. Whether you want to join the companions, Thieves Guild, DB, the College, etc.

How to join the Dark Brotherhood: Just go to Windhelm. Right when you enter the city, make a sharp right and keep going until you pass the wall, then turn left. You will see a Dark Elf woman speaking to a little boy, warning him of a child named Aventus that is trying to contact the DB for an assassination. The boy's house is literally right next to them to the left. Once you overhear the Dark Elf and little boy's conversation, the quest "Innocence Lost" (I think that's what it's called) will start. Break into Aventus's house (no bounty) and there ya go. Once you finish that specific quest and all is done, go to any city and just run around until someone delivers you a note with a black hand print on it. AFTER you receive the letter, rent a room or go to your house and sleep for 8 or more hours, and then your new life in the DB will begin. Just make sure you get that letter delivered before sleeping or you could run into a glitch.

Anyhow. You can do a ton of side quests. Just go into every town and talk to the Inn keepers and ask for any rumors and gossip. This will point you to random quests. Also, just by traveling around and running into people you can start quests. Try to do some of the Daedric quests, very interesting. Discovering hidden caves, Dwarven Ruins, etc. Get the Aetherial Crown (in my picture), it has a nice bonus and the quest is interesting. Get some of your skills to 100 and see the possibilities and experience that skill like never before. Make some legendary armor with kick ass enchantments and weapons that will make you unstoppable on master difficultly. You can also go on a killing spree and attempt to kill every single character in Skyrim (besides the essential characters). Become a vampire or werewolf. Become thane in every city and buy a house. Get married and move in together.

Do you have any DLC's? If so, get them too if you'd like, adds even more crap to do.

Also, you can make a new game and start from Master difficulty, that's always fun.

Thanks, sounds challenging I have only one mask at the moment and what are these 'artifacts'? I don't understand them or what they are.
Things like Saungine's Rose, or the Black Star that you can only get by fulfilling a task(s) for one of the Daedric princes. See http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Daedric_Quests_(Skyrim)

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
If you have the Dragonborn DLC, I always like to do that right after the main quest since it seems to continue the story.

If not, the Civil War is cool too.

I also like to do all the side quests for Riften folks (there's a couple of cool Dwemer ruin ones) or do all the Solitude Ones (not war related) including the Bards college.

Once you can Fus Do Rah, you can do almost anything. :)

You could always head up to Markarth and do those quests. They're fun too.

Gigapact

Lollygagging Milk Drinker (according to guards)

Lovely weapons, armor, and things like Azura's Star (Black star) that are rewarded to you when completing a quest from a Daedric Prince.

Examples, you get Clavicus Vile's masque through his quest, initiated in Falkreath by finding a dog for Lod.

Merhunes Dagon (started after level 20 by getting an invitation to the Dawnstar museum), Molag Bal (House of Horrors started in Markarth) and Mephala (Dragonsreach in Whiterun) all give you weapons.

Boethiah (After level 32 I think you will start to see followers of Boethiah and this will initiate it) gives you armor, etc etc etc.

If you're not into enchanting and don't want to work on it, then you should definitely seek these out. They have decent to strong enchantments and are unique.

Oh, and Azura's Star works wonders for increasing enchanting. Just get a weapon with soul trap, and every time it sends a soul into Azura's star, use the star to recharge your weapon. Rinse repeat and watch that skill rise easily to the 40's, then starts taking a little while, but still decent. To start this quest, ask at the Inn for rumors in Winterhold, and she will eventually mention Azura's shrine. Or you can just go find the shrine, there is no level requirement.

There is also no level requirement for the House of Horrors through Molag Bal.

You can also get an interesting staff from the lovely mad prince Sheogorath, this is initiated in Solitude through a beggar in the streets talking crazy about his master missing (you can just run into him or hear about him through rumors in the Solitude Inn) Not sure the level requirement for this one.

You also can get another reward through... ugh... I think it is Sanguine? Can't remember. But it's called "A Night to Remember" and I also can't remember the level requirement for this one, I think it might be around 20. This can be initiated through any Inn/bar throughout Skyrim, whether that be Whiterun (typically here) or Solitude. A man named Sam G will invite you to a drinking contest. Very fun quest, definitely do this one.

Peryite, go and find his shrine (google the location) and you will find a Khajiit there, then your quest shall begin.

Meridia, through finding Meridia's beacon in random loot, and it will begin as she will speak to you.

Namira is quite an interesting and slightly disturbing quest. Go to Markarth and enter the keep there, and as you head for the Jarl in the back, you will run across the priest arguing with a nord about the Hall of the Dead located there. Speak to the priest and persuade him to let you help him. Go into the Hall of the Dead and search around, then it begins.

Then there is Vaermina, initiated in Dawnstar I believe. Just ask around about the nightmares people are having and go into the Inn there, and speak to the male priest about it. It shall begin here, this is also interesting.

Anyhow, sorry for any spelling mistakes. But these Daedric quests should definitely keep you occupied, and they are all very rewarding and fun. I think most of these have some form of level requirement, but I know for sure that Molag Bal's house of horrors and Azura's star does not. Good luck to you!

Can you tell yet that the Daedric quests are my favorite?:p

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts