Final Poll for Character Creation

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Which Class Should I Focus On?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Steve House

Final Poll: Going to be making a series of Polls for everyone to answer. The objective to these is for everyone to vote on which race, sex, class I should play through first in Skyrim. I'm honestly having a hard time deciding which to choose so I figured I'd let everyone vote and I'll play the ones chosen for me. :p I know I know...it's only a game but this will help make it more interesting for me so that I dont choose my own brains default choice for RPG play lol. Thanks Ahead of time!! This will be my main character that will complete the entire game (all quests/side quests/factions/guilds etc..etc..).

Steve House

After all the polls come in (In 9 days on the 10th of November) I'll put up one more thread displaying the results of each of the three polls...thanks everyone for voting. Once character race, class, and sex is determined...I'll make a thread for everyone to name the character(that thread will only be up for a couple of hours and then I will take my top 5 favorites and make a poll for them to be voted on) Final results will be posted the night of the 10th of November. Once I get back from the Midnight Release of Skyrim, I will reveal the winning name and thus create the Character. I'll be playing on the 360 so I'll take a pic of said character and post it on here for everyone to see the final results :) ...thanks again for voting!!

Jeruhmi

This is a fun idea for the community to help you decide :O
I voted The Warrior, I just prefer using swords over bows/magic.

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
Well, a thief could also use those weapons. Oh and daggers of course.

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
That he does. I thought you were only talking about their armament.

Jeruhmi

I'm not much of a theif, if that's even what that class is about. Maybe I'm thinking of it as something it's not.
However I just like running around and fighting things, rather than stealing.

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
I don’t think thief is necessarily your profession. I mean there aren’t any real classes this time around so this term is pretty broad. My character for example will be a fighter but more of a stealthy one, something along the lines of an assassin. I don’t plan on putting any effort into pickpocketing and yet this path would probably be labeled “Thief”. It’s probably just a synonym for more sneaky players.

Jeruhmi

I don’t think thief is necessarily your profession. I mean there aren’t any real classes this time around so this term is pretty broad. My character for example will be a fighter but more of a stealthy one, something along the lines of an assassin. I don’t plan on putting any effort into pickpocketing and yet this path would probably be labeled “Thief”. It’s probably just a synonym for more sneaky players.
So what do you mean by stealthier? As in you would sneak up to your prey, or... hmm, not sure what else.
Please elaborate :D

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
Yep, that’s pretty much it. “Warriors” go for straight-up combat while “thiefs” would rather try doing some stealth damage from behind or circumventing the fight entirely, I suppose.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
I think a true thief would never kill people. It would be like the game, Thief where you can use blunt hit on the head from behind so the guard can go unconscious and you move the body somewhere else. Just steal, hide and run. But obviously you're going to have to spill some blood in Skyrim. It would be cool if you could finish the game without killing anyone like Deus Ex but oh well. It's Skyrim. Stealing stuff and sneaking is as 'thief-like' as you can get.

kCin

I think Thief is somewhat of a generalised term in the game that refers to Agi types, so certainly an assassin, a thief and a ranger all fit into it, as Demut said. Anyway, I think I'm going to be playing a ranger-esk character, so I picked Thief in the poll, since if Oblivion is anything to go by, Marksmanship will be governed by Agi, which is buffed by Thief class. :)

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
I think a true thief would never kill people. It would be like the game, Thief where you can use blunt hit on the head from behind so the guard can go unconscious and you move the body somewhere else.
To be fair though, you could kill people in Thief (which is an awesome series, by the way). It’s just that on higher difficulty modes it was discouraged.

It would be cool if you could finish the game without killing anyone like Deus Ex but oh well. It's Skyrim.
I will report back to you once I started my second playthrough and tell you if it’s possible to complete it without killing any person :>

Jeruhmi

I think a true thief would never kill people. It would be like the game, Thief where you can use blunt hit on the head from behind so the guard can go unconscious and you move the body somewhere else. Just steal, hide and run. But obviously you're going to have to spill some blood in Skyrim. It would be cool if you could finish the game without killing anyone like Deus Ex but oh well. It's Skyrim. Stealing stuff and sneaking is as 'thief-like' as you can get.
The idea of not having to kill a single person to get far in the game would be really cool. I hope that that's possibly included.

Steve House

My idea of each "Class" I specified is as follows:

The Warrior - Straight up, full charge, bashing the faces in of my enemies lol

The Mage - Obviously ALL magic attacks, everything I do is associated with magic (wearing robes, dual-wielding staff's, making potions/spells...etc...etc)

The Thief - Pretty much a rogue type character. Sneaking around, stealth kills, pretty much a deep Dark Brotherhood/ Thieves Guild type person.

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
If we were nit-picking then thieves work for their income as well ;D

Jeruhmi

Oh it's work, but its so much more fun to steal than actually do quests. My only regret, I wish I had a /whistle emote to use as I'm walking away from the crime scene.
Just so you look a little more suspicious haha. There probably will be emotes like that in the game.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts