Spoiler Few things i cant get my head around

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

L-Train

Daedric Lord
Hey, there's a few questions here that may contain spoilers so watch out :)

how comes once you finish the civil war quests on behalf of the storm-cloaks ulfric is not crowned king i mean dose this happen after a few days or? and if it dosent happen will it ever in a expansion i mean I feel this game is sooo incomplete on some of the main quest lines its rather frustrating to think i done it all for nothing other then a few new jarls that were just as bad as the others i mean come on where's my respect lol.

Also the thief guild you complete the main quest line and im just about finished restoring it but i still get abuse of members well not abuse but where's the respect again i mean i just made there guild respectable and feared single handed.

And one more :p im the dragon born walking around towns after just defeating alduin and im not getting no thanks what so ever I no im craving some attention and respect in skyrim but come onnnnn i just saved the realm and the nordes are in power now gimmie a little love :sadface: or fear either one will do hehe

Vspin101

yeah i think this is something the developers may have overlooked
*spoiler*
I'm Harbinger of the Companions and i still get guards asking if i "fetch the mead"

Ulfric isn't crowned king because for the high king to be crowned, all Jarls must meet in a conference called the Moot, where they decide on a high king. Of course, this takes time to set up.

You still get disrespect from the Thieves' Guild members because they are more of a family than an organization, and would see you more as a close friend than a superior.

Many people may not know you are the dragonborn. Nobody's making it really obvious. All the Blades are being very stealthy about it and the guards that know probably don't tell the public directly. Of course, there is you Shouting everywhere, but whatever.

I hope that answered your questions.

Verac

*spoiler*
I'm Harbinger of the Companions and i still get guards asking if i "fetch the mead"
This may be the skjor glitch, where he ressurects himself and magically your back to being a whelp everyone will consider you as if u just joined, simply killing him will do the trick, tho the guards dont change. but the companions revert to talking about you as harbinger

L-Train

Daedric Lord
*spoiler*

ouch lol the devs really didn't think this though did they I mean world interaction means so much to me and my game play experience nothing gets me down more then saving the world from alduin and then being asked very sarcastically if someone's stole my sweet roll from a fat ugly guard i mean if someone stole my sweet roll i would simply fus ro dah them off the nearest cliff =/

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
Once you finish the civil war saga the story essentially ends on that particular part. Ironically if the player sides with the imperials and goes through the Dark brotherhood quest to eventually assassinate the very same emperor that the player is sworn to be loyal to holds no consequences. General Tullius and Legate Rikkie pretends that nothing in the originally has ever happen... even know that the player just killed the emperor.
I'm certain that Bethesda will include the dragonborn in the ceremony as all of the active Jarls will call on the Moot and choose Ulfric as the new High King of Skyrim... or maybe it might get complicated and maybe the Jarls sees that the true high king of skyrim is the dragonborn? Or perhaps the exiled Jarls who were Imperial supporters somehow interfere with the ceremony and raise hell? Or protest the idea about how Elisif the Fair is the rightful High Queen of skyrim? Who knows. I can see Balgruuf the Greater planning on something to tarnish the ceremony. I'm certain that this will be added in the next DLC or expansion. I just hope to the divines that Bethesda doesn't mess things up with more snobby writing. They certainly do a good job in making dull and yet boring storytelling.

I kind of disagree with Dirtcopter77. The Thieves guild aren't family orientated but a group of criminals that created an organization (A thieving gang) to obtain power, fear and respect among the regular citizens of skyrim. They're heavily funded by Maven therefor whatever she desires the thieves guild will be there for her. The members of the TG are there for one thing and one thing only... that is to make as much gold as they can possibly can. Even know you're the boss you better be making money for the guild. That’s all they care about.

If you walk up to a guard you generally get a thank you. Just last-night I defeated Alduin and then walk to up a Whiterun's guard and he said "Word is spreading like magefire! The great evil has been vanquished! You have truly saved us all!" Theirs not much love to spread around thought... That is what disappointed me in the game. I guess I was expecting too much. Even after the civil war theirs no celebration. It's just dull.

Chryss

Just the thought of Elisif the Fair as High Queen makes me laugh. She is very naieve, if you go to the Castle to get the Wolf Queen quest, Falk Firebeard undermines her at every turn. She really doesn't run the show Falk Firebeard does. Who wants a High Queen that can't make a decision on her own or has her "advisor" undermining her at will.

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
Raijin

Are you making the assumption that the Stormies will be the canon story that Bethesda uses?

Raijin

Just the thought of Elisif the Fair as High Queen makes me laugh. She is very naieve, if you go to the Castle to get the Wolf Queen quest, Falk Firebeard undermines her at every turn. She really doesn't run the show Falk Firebeard does. Who wants a High Queen that can't make a decision on her own or has her "advisor" undermining her at will.
But that's preciously what the Imperial supporters want, is for her to be High Queen of Skyrim. Even her own personal chef has nothing nice to say about her.

Odar: Everyone knows General Tullius wields the real power solitude, Elisif? Ah, shes a figurehead. A puppet.

Raijin

Are you making the assumption that the Stormies will be the canon story that Bethesda uses?

It started out that way when you were being held captive by the imperial officials. It almost seems as if you were meant to join up with the stormcloaks. Seriously who in the right mind would want to join the legion right after they attempted to cut your head off?

Jersey Dagmar

It started out that way when you were being held captive by the imperial officials. It almost seems as if you were meant to join up with the stormcloaks. Seriously who in the right mind would want to join the legion right after they attempted to cut your head off?

The Dragonborn was caught amongst the enemy rebels. What do you think the Empire was going to do? They are in the middle of a war, and you're caught with the enemy. That's just how war works, kiddo. Tullis was talking to Ulfric, and Hadvar tried to get you out of the situation. It was the female Captain who couldn't be bothered. Don't let one soldier in a vast army such as that cloud your judgement.

Seriously, if the roles were reversed and you would captured by the Stormcloaks, when you were found among Imperial Soldiers, do you honestly think the Stormcloaks would have bothered to figure things out? I highly doubt it.

bulbaquil

...is not Sjadbek, he just runs him.
Once you finish the civil war saga the story essentially ends on that particular part. Ironically if the player sides with the imperials and goes through the Dark brotherhood quest to eventually assassinate the very same emperor that the player is sworn to be loyal to holds no consequences. General Tullius and Legate Rikkie pretends that nothing in the originally has ever happen... even know that the player just killed the emperor.

The Dark Brotherhood storyline makes even less sense if you finish the Stormcloak questline beforehand. It seems to play best, in fact, from a narrative standpoint if you leave the civil war entirely alone before finishing it.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
I'm certain that this will be added in the next DLC or expansion.
Based on what?
Seriously who in the right mind would want to join the legion right after they attempted to cut your head off?
Anyone that has the ability to creatively role play. Joining the Stormcloaks isn't canon. When it comes to the faction war there is no canon choice.

bulbaquil

...is not Sjadbek, he just runs him.
Actually, now that I think about it, the thing that makes the least sense to me is Commander Maro's security rounds.

Why bother checking Windhelm (which, as the center of the rebellion, is likely to be hostile - even if you've already completed the Imperial questline, it's likely to still have the most dissidents) and Riften (which is, well, Riften and all that that implies) when the Emperor logically wouldn't even be approaching those areas? If he's traveling to Solitude by land, he'd go northward through Bruma, Falkreath, then either Markarth or Whiterun, then Solitude. If he's traveling to Solitude by sea, which seems likely given you confront him on the Katariah, he'd likely travel overland to Anvil in Cyrodiil and then by ship straight to Solitude.

Jersey Dagmar

I kind of disagree with Dirtcopter77. The Thieves guild aren't family orientated but a group of criminals that created an organization (A thieving gang) to obtain power, fear and respect among the regular citizens of skyrim. They're heavily funded by Maven therefor whatever she desires the thieves guild will be there for her. The members of the TG are there for one thing and one thing only... that is to make as much gold as they can possibly can. Even know you're the boss you better be making money for the guild. That’s all they care about.

Yes, the Thieve's Guild are there for the money. However, they are a family unit. Maybe not in the same sense as the Brotherhood, but when you spend so much time with the same people, you'll get close. The sheer fact that the Guild was so heart broken over Gallus demonstrates this. As well as how they felt about Mercer's betrayal. When Brynjolf asks you to become Guildmaster, he states that he and the others feel you are right for the job because you show loyalty to the Guild. Loyalty that Mercer lacked.

Seriously, did you play this game through fogged glass or something?

Raijin

Yes, the Thieve's Guild are there for the money. However, they are a family unit. Maybe not in the same sense as the Brotherhood, but when you spend so much time with the same people, you'll get close. The sheer fact that the Guild was so heart broken over Gallus demonstrates this. As well as how they felt about Mercer's betrayal. When Brynjolf asks you to become Guildmaster, he states that he and the others feel you are right for the job because you show loyalty to the Guild. Loyalty that Mercer lacked.

Seriously, did you play this game through fogged glass or something?

I do agree that once you spend large quality of time with a group of people you become close to each other and so with that respects I guess you can call it a family unit. Its normal to grieve over the death of Gallus, and to be furious over mercer's betrayal, however their line of work consist of burglars, robbers, pickpockets, smugglers, and so on. Can you truly expect a member of the TG to follow protocol? The only reason why they stick with each other is because they have protection, since thieving is a dangerous situation to get into. I highly respect Mercer and I was disappointed when I was force to kill him. He was the master thief, even went as far as stealing from the guild without them even noticing it. If anything he taught the guild that their security severely suck. Too bad Bethesda didn't give us a chance to side up with him during the finial moments, and let him kill both Brynjolf and Karliah.

Becoming a Guildmaster is mandatory, and part of the story. You have no choice but to accept. Same with becoming a crummy Nightingale thanks to Karliah for selling my soul to Nocturnal.

Jersey Dagmar

The Thieve's Guild security didn't suck. The door to their treasure needed two keys. Mercer got around this by using a Daedric Artifact, the Skeleton Key. He wouldn't have been able to get in there without it. And I find it a little hard to believe that Mercer managed to steal the Skeleton Key right under the nose of Nocturnal. I have my reasons for this, and they are in relation to dealing with Nocturnal in Oblivion. But, that's just my own personal speculation, nothing grounded on fact.

And all the Thieves Guild members did follow protocol. Except Mercer. I'm sure there's many reasons for his betrayal, but that doesn't excuse him from what he did.

And Mercer isn't the Master Thief, in a way your character is. Since you best Mercer in battle. And Gallus did notice that Mercer was stealing, and because he noticed he died for it. It's actually some what good that the other members didn't notice either, or they might have met the same fate.

Docta Corvina

Yeah, I definitely concur on the family unit aspect of the Thieves Guild. True, it's not necessarily conventional even among game faction lines. But it's there. It's actually one thing that really fascinated me about the Guild overall, the fact that you have all these truly unique characters with unique histories and experiences that have led them to where they are currently. As others have said, there is a sense that their memberships and belief in the Guild just plain "make sense". It may well be fair to call it subjective, but it's clear to me at least that the TG shouldn't be disregarded as a considerable family unit just because of the business-driven soul of the faction.

As for Mercer, I long thought I was the only one who actually liked his character, despite what he did. I too believe he had his reasons for it, reasons about which I wish we had some more clues. Alas. It's just one of several Thieves Guild related things that I wish we had more insight to. I always wanna know more than I'm told. For some reason. I'm just overly curious! :p

Chryss

Mercer said that Gallus had the guild and Karliah, all Gallus had to do was look the other way. It could have been motivated by envy. If you look at human nature, all that he did was to hurt Karliah and gallus, stealing from the guild might have been to overcompensate for what he was missing in his life.
maybe I am reading too much into it. :confused: