Features that you would like to see in Skyrim

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Cole

Mythik
Wasn't it enough in Oblivion? Or did you have to murder someone and not get caught in order for that to happen?

Sheogorath

Cheese for everyone.
I really want a good crime and punishment system in this game. If i have a huge bounty I want to feel like I have a big bounty.

Cole

Mythik
Maybe as a hidden secret if you get your bounty up high enough, you'll be lead to your execution...again, and depending on what you've done in the game, who your friends with, they can break you out on your way to the block.

Vimalamitra

Professional complainer
Maybe as a hidden secret if you get your bounty up high enough, you'll be lead to your execution...again, and depending on what you've done in the game, who your friends with, they can break you out on your way to the block.

Eh... This reminds me of this Monkey Island 2, where you had this.. umm... Wanted poster which explained all crimes Guybrush had committed during game.

I'd like to see jousting and a tournament. However, those might be impossible to add, because it would overload consoles and slow down fps about 90% on almost any platform. I doubt, we will see overcrowded streets or anything like that due to hardware limitations. But those are what I hope to see one day, when techonology has advanced enough and modders have done their job.

Cole

Mythik
How would a tournament slow down the console versions of the games by that much? There is always the option to put that out someplace, a large plains area maybe, or make a new small area for it to prevent it from running a snails pace.

Travis

Bring back mark and recall, and levitation.
I think I saw an interview about this. They said specifically that they don't want to bring these back because then it actually limits creativity. They can't come up with nearly as many meaningful challenges when we as charters can just recall away.

Travis

Living economy (every merchant has limited amount of coins and it changes from time to time)

Road for everyone (while you walk, you may see a traveling merchant, traveler, adventurer, wanderer, etc)

More weapons (spears, crossbows... this won't happen though. ah, the mod save us)

well, I guess that's about it. Skyrim already has a lot of the stuff I want.
I'm all about bringing back spears. That was one of my favorite weapons in Morrowind.

Vimalamitra

Professional complainer
How would a tournament slow down the console versions of the games by that much? There is always the option to put that out someplace, a large plains area maybe, or make a new small area for it to prevent it from running a snails pace.

But who wants to have a miniature tournament when they can have full-scale grandiose jousting awesomeness? Really, small area would just ruin it by turning tournament into an unintentional camp parody. Xbox 360 doesn't have enough ram to make it happen. Heck, even most of average rigs don't have enough of specs for that.

Cole

Mythik
Hmmm. Maybe they could make that happen in a different realm? Have one of the Daedra Princes or in honor of one of the Nine?
It would be a really cool bit of dlc, but I don't really see where they could fit it in, game play wise and story wise.

Vimalamitra

Professional complainer
Hmmm. Maybe they could make that happen in a different realm? Have one of the Daedra Princes or in honor of one of the Nine?
It would be a really cool bit of dlc, but I don't really see where they could fit it in, game play wise and story wise.

Well, it could be a good idea for a mod, or DLC. I don't know about storywise and stuff like that. I just thought tournament would be an awesome feature to have. You can always wish, you know. :p

Cole

Mythik
That would take so much time to make lol. And if they were to make it as large and grandiose, then they would have to work a lonnngggg time for it. A huge undertaking. If anyone is brave enough to do that, and they make something cool, kudos to them.

Vocc

Vocc
Mainly all I want is to have a docile faction of dragons somewhere in the game, and the ability to have a baby dragon hatch for you, and you can raise it. xD
I love my dragons
On the subject of dragons, I have a nagging worry that there will be a constanst stream of them. I.e, I'll be trying to carry out a task but be constantly attacked by dragons.

Cole

Mythik
All of the dragons attacks are random. You maybe be lucky or unlucky when it comes to them attacking you when you want to do something else, then when you're trying to find them, they disappear. That's just going to be one of the ever changing variables in Skyrim that help keep it fresh.

Vimalamitra

Professional complainer
On the subject of dragons, I have a nagging worry that there will be a constanst stream of them. I.e, I'll be trying to carry out a task but be constantly attacked by dragons.

No need to worry, developers have confirmed that encountering a dragon is going to feel rare. I doubt there will be dragon spam that you're constantly pinned down by flocks of dragons.

Cyberote

Mayor of Zufadt
I'd like a form of telekinesis where you physically control another person. Like your character remains stationary, but you play as the person or animal youre controlling. I think it'd be fun to use that on a chicken and just run around aimlessly.

Flamingtaco

I'd like to see jousting and a tournament. However, those might be impossible to add, because it would overload consoles and slow down fps about 90% on almost any platform.
I'm pretty sure fighting a pack of enemies using magic with companions helping you out is more stressful than that could be. Honestly though I don't see a place for jousting in Skyrim. Maybe in Oblivion since it already had the generic medieval thing going.

Vimalamitra

Professional complainer
I'm pretty sure fighting a pack of enemies using magic with companions helping you out is more stressful than that could be. Honestly though I don't see a place for jousting in Skyrim. Maybe in Oblivion since it already had the generic medieval thing going.

You got me there. Tournaments were never really that popular in nordic countries. However, there were brawls and brutal fighting pits. And if you're familiar with R. R. Martin's novels, I believe there was also something similar to finger dance.

Ricky

Not a Lawyer
I'm sure they have it but i would like to see a more cinematic storyline. I loved Oblivion but i hated how i was like on the sidelines watching glory. The ending was great but it just sucked how i watched this massive dragon..just standing there.

Vimalamitra

Professional complainer
I'm sure they have it but i would like to see a more cinematic storyline. I loved Oblivion but i hated how i was like on the sidelines watching glory. The ending was great but it just sucked how i watched this massive dragon..just standing there.

I don't feel that cut-scenes would work in this game, because protagonists is a silent one and is not actually taking part in conversations in a manner that NPCs do. I favour Half-life type of storytelling, it's more immersive when you can fill the blank spots by yourself.

Flamingtaco

The thing is that its lots easier to write lore but keep the amount of freedom in Elder Scrolls if they use nameless and somewhat generic characters as heroes and make it so you cant drastically alter events. It just wouldnt work to force you to be Martin Septim instead of The Champion of Cyrodil. That would be an entirely different type of game.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts