Features in Oblivion/Morrowind you wish were in Skyrim

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

El Fonz0

Simple. What features that were in the previous two Elder Scrolls games do you wish were in Skyrim?

Also, in this case, features do not be longer quests and stuff. I'm talking gameplay related.

-Underwater Combat
-Many weapon types
-Staves on back
-Attack in the air(Just like Link!)
-Greaves, pauldrons, left and right gauntlets

Neveraine

BRINGER OF DEATH
What I really would kill for is if levitation from Morrowind would come back so I wouldn't have to deal with all the mountains blocking my way.

Ilrita

The Imperial Storm
Underwater combat. The moment I was able to unsheathe my sword under water in Oblivion I wished it was in Skyrim. And the ability to attack in the air. I'm not very far into Oblivion, but yea...

If I could jump off a small cliff towards an enemy in Skyrim and slice at him, that would be awesome.

ShadowGambit

Spell Making. Oblivion Has it.

nordicowboy

Must be my Nord blood......
1- Portable alchemy
2- Spell creation
3- Underwater combat
4- Greaves ( better armor combinations )

Neveraine

BRINGER OF DEATH
I wish that you could choose between playing where the people level with you (the way Skyrim / Oblivion does it) and where certain areas / creatures are at a certain level (Morrowind).

bulbaquil

...is not Sjadbek, he just runs him.
1. Bring back weapon/armor repair, at least as a money sink. That should hopefully make it fractionally less easy to get obscenely rich.

2. Spears.

3. Actions that have greater consequences. If I join the Stormcloaks I shouldn't be able to just walk up to General Tullius no strings attached.

Alissa DeWitt

Beer Wench
Guars. They were so cute.

Seriously, the thing I miss most is spell making. And I wish the weapons were a little more specialized. Swinging a sword is nothing like swinging an axe.

Squirrel_killer-

The blade in the dark and the hand at your throat
Simple things:
  1. Bring back some of the removed spell effects from Oblivion like: feather, chameleon, cure, adsorb skill, fortify skill, etc.
  2. Attributes, why would they get rid of these?
  3. Spell Making.
  4. Water combat.
  5. Portable alchemy and better tools to use for it.
  6. Bound Armor and Bound Dagger.
  7. Weapon condition, I would like my weapons to take a little wear and tear.
  8. Mysticism as a school of magic.

Kalin of High Rock

Faal Lun Vahdin
Staves should never be worn on the back, that's just silly. A should be used as a walking stick! I'm sure magic-mixing and the like has been covered before..

I miss the very involved vampirism cure from Oblivion.

Tosh Raka

Tiger Dragon of Ka'Po'Tun
"stop right there criminal scum!"

Some of the items from daedric quests such as goldbrand, gray fox cowl, umbra (useless considering u can enchant soul trap but still well missed) ring of Khajiit, And I guess I really miss vampire benefits, super strength etc.

Akim

Cassius Curio. Nuff said.

I don't know if I agree with weapon/armor repair. At least not how bad it was in Morrowind. I would carry around either buckets full of repair hammers, or simply buckets of weapons, because they go bad so fast.

Take away fast travel, and the HUD arrow pointing you exactly where you need to go. It's less about questing now, and more about fast traveling once or twice, while staring at an arrow pointing exactly where you need to go. It's a joke. You'll spend more time in the loading screen than you will actually walking, looking for something.

El Fonz0

To be clear, people, I never said which features you'd remove. Just features from previous games that you would re-add.

Orange_

Whoa, Whoa, Whoa! Watch the magic!
Bridge bandits! Haha, I always got a little nervous when I saw a bridge up ahead in Oblivion at low levels cause I just knew a Khajiit was gonna bop me with a warhammer.

Guards on horseback. They just looked pretty cool.

ambiiientz

i miss the inventory menu... items could be sorted by value, weight, armor rating etc.,
i also miss oblivions skeleton key

osheao

i think of skyrim with with a true hardcore and attributes and i get seriously giddy.

its what should have happened.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts