• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Bonus question: Favourite city?

• Total voters

Ceipheus

They're more afraid of you, than you are of them.
Hey guys, I know this may have been posted hundreds of times but most of the posts I have seen about this have been around release date time-ish. So I would like to know what every bodies current favourite race and build is. I have a few myself;
High Elf/Dark Elf - Destruction Mage
Dark Elf - Illusion Assassin
Orc - Two Handed Berserker

DovahCap

The one cube to rule them all.
Nordic Ranger, although my current char is a Nordic SwordnBoard.

theoperation

Hero of Jorvasskr
I like being a Breton spellsword best. I like to use conjuration and alteration spells before entering battle then getting my shield and sword out to beat the enemies. The magic resistance that all Bretons have make them one of the best defensive races to be.

Octavia

~ Ryla <3
I almost always go with a Nord Knight/Archer, basically Heavy armour, One-handed (sword or axe), and a bow. I used to go with a Nord Assassin, but I got bored of sneaking around everywhere, practically invisible.

Crooksin

Glue Sniffer
My 3 favorite builds:

Breton spellsword, similar to theoperations description, very fun build however didn't make it very far
2 handed orc warrior/archer, very satisfying and always a challenge
Nord assassin, definetly the strongest build, went way OP at like level 15 and by level 30 I was bored plopsless

I have a notoriously hard time staying with a character and probably have tried out 50 characters.

For my next one I'm trying something completely new, vampire high elf dual-wielding spellsword.
I'm pretty happy with it because I think it'll have the chance to be the most fun and the most powerful (except maybe the assassin, sneak is so fluffing OP)

Imo, the 3 strongest races are Breton, High Elf, or Orc. All have useful passive abilities (except orc) and devastating race powers (especially orc, omg)

Belle

Fool of Hearts - Laughter Incarnate
i.love.this.thread.so.much.jpg

I'm always a sneaky character, usually a wood elf or a Khajiit because they both look amazing. Maybe it's because the DB/TG are the best quests in the game in my opinion, but I can't tear myself away from a stealth character!

Favorite city? Riften, Markarth, or Falkreath. They have stories, and the design (Especially for Markarth) kind of stunned me the first time I went there :)

Odd Child

The Bronze Boar!
Dark Elf! Archer/Theif with sneak and alteration :eek: My character looks like an underfed kratos with white eyes :)

Ceipheus

They're more afraid of you, than you are of them.
Thanks for the replies! I have noticed that most people who play Skyrim are mostly partial to sneaky type builds e.g. Assassin, Thief and Archers. I have played a lot of assassin/thief builds but they get boring very quickly because they are just too easy. The best character I made was a level 81 Imperial Conjuration mage and what can I say, I was unstoppable and I was having loads of fun at the same time (I deleted this character due to having basically 100% everything and wanted to try out something new). But right now I am loving my Orc Two Hander with Heavy Armour and Smithing.

WellFooled

Guess I'm part of the majority as well, I prefer a Thief and Archer build. Granted, it's really the only thing I've ever played in an Elder Scrolls game so maybe I prefer being a spell sword and just don't know it jet! I've been favoring Argonians as of late, makes me feel more like an out cast, but it's a good feeling to first discover an Argonian NPC. There are so few.

I guess a sneaky build can get easy, I've made two characters since I got Skyrim, both Argonian Thief/Archers! But I made the 2nd because with the first the game got too easy for me (was playing on Adept) so I started over on master and avoided combat perks and crafting for as long as I reasonably could and that's kept the game fresh and challenging.

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
I've had my fair share of playthroughs and my favorite build so far is a Redguard Sword & Board w/ some Archery, I wear a light armor chestpiece with heavy gauntlets, boots, helm, and shield. It lets me have a combination of mobility and protection, and I can't go for OP perks.

David Wik

I prefer a Ranger build (archery w/o sneak) over anything else. Second place goes to a Heavy + Restoration + Two-Handed + Conjuration (necromancy) build. Sort of a quasi Dark Knight.

Current character is my first try at a magic only character and I have to admit it's quite fun and less OP than the other two.

Always Breton, for cosmetic reasons. Everything else seems too tall.

By far my favorite race/build is the Breton pure mage. I've always loved magic classes in ever game I play and I think the Bretons are the best looking race in Skyrim. I was so sad when *SPOLIER* Mirabelle died.

Professor Skalvar

General of the Euphoric Gentleman's Club
No love for the Argonians? SHAME ON ALL OF YOU!!! Lol, I kid of course. My favorite race would have to be the Argonian race so far. Histskin is by far the MOST UNDERRATED racial power in Skyrim. It synergizes well with several Restoration perks and stacks even further with the Lady Stone, a regeneration health potion, and any enchantments with a fortified healing rate effect. In short, you can literally become a fluffing tank without hitting the armor rating cap if combined with a little damage resistance as well as magic resistance.
As for a build, I tend to prefer be a stealthy warrior with poisons as a condiment to my ever so sharp blades. Anytime that I become discovered after the initial attack, my state of mind automatically becomes "Challenge Accepted", until I realize that I will be decimated if I don't retreat.

Crooksin

Glue Sniffer
.....Histskin is by far the MOST UNDERRATED racial power in Skyrim......

I'd have to agree with you on that, I actually completely forgot about their main power until you just mentioned that. I don't like how Argonians look though and I don't like their culture, not into the beast races. (except the Orcs, they look fluffing ferocious)

Sean

lost somewhere
My current character (which is also my main) is a Nord.

All Perks, All Skills at 100, I also upped my Magic to 5000 (it didn't make sense for the Arch-Mage to barely be able to use magic)
I typically use the Ebony Blade, but I do switch to the spells Incinerate / Bloody Grip / Drain Life occasionally.
Bloody Grip is a non-playable version of Vampiric Grip (for Vamp Lords), but I made it playable for my character when not in Lord Form.
Drain Life is a more powerful version of Vampire Drain, but it doesn't get removed by the progression through Vampire stages.

I offset the skills and perks by never upgrading armor/weapons, increasing my level to 99 (so enemies will scale higher), and by keeping my health to 300.
I also only play on Master.

Thorn

In the Hist we trust
Dunmer Destruction based Mage

A death in fire to all my enemies

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Imperial Thief.
I love stealing from everyone, Jarls to beggars no one is safe from the Master Thief, I like Imperial because they find more gold and have that voice of the emperor, comes in handy when wanting to avoid a big fight.

You make lots of money being a thief, I've noticed people say "I have too much gold" well for me I can never have enough gold, gems, gold ingots or jewelry I hoard it all into safes.

Amolyn

I've loved argonians since I got into TES. I've made loads of skyrim characters since then, but I always seem to go back to the argonians. :p

My favorite build is probably a greatsword barbarian. My current character is kind of a cross between a barbarian and paladin. He's a nord though. :O

Oh and my favorite city is probably Solitude because I love how it looks. I love Falkreath aswell though, 'cause it rains a lot and I love the rain. =P

Streets

The Gentleman Owl
Like Crooksin, I have played a lot of builds, and I do think the Breton, High Elf, and Orc are the statistically best races.

I have had the most lasting fun out of hybrid warrior/mage builds. The basic paladin and death knight archetypes give me some great fun while playing.

Heavy Armor, Two Handed, Block, Conjuration, Destruction, Enchanting

Heavy Armor, One Handed, Block, Restoration, Alteration, Smithing

You can really do any variation of these, heavy or light armor, one or two handed, alchemy/smithing/enchanting, etc.

Edit: Glad to see no one voted for Morthal or Windhelm, haha!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts