• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

skyrimbeast

1. Favorite Hold: Tie between Falkreath and Eastmarch, both for the scenery and the capitals, even though they're vastly different. Falkreath reminds me a lot of going up north for a weekend at the cottage - something we Canadians like to do. And Eastmarch has it all - forests, hills, waterfalls, geysers, mountains, snow, and Ulfric Stormcloak.

2. Favorite Capital: Windhelm beats out Riften and Falkreath just a bit, mainly because of Ulfric. Although the look of the city is cold, bleak, and depressing, I love the character it has because of that. And being a big Jack the Ripper fan, the Butcher storyline has always been one of my favorite side quests.

3. Favorite Village: Riverwood, for the same reasons I love Falkreath - it's beautiful and cozy and familiar.

4. Favorite Faction: I love the cival war storyline, to the point that I sometimes forget it isn't the main storyline of the game, so I'd have to say that (on the side of the Stormcloaks, of course). Close second is the Thieves Guild mainly because it gives me my favorite armor (Thieves Guild armor and hood, Nightinggale gloves and boots) and weapon (Nightinggale bow).
Thanks that is great, thanks for big reasons:D

perkecet

1. i wanna say its eastmarch? the one with the amazing wastelands with hot springs.
2. ill say solitude since it feels more like skyrimish than riften, which are the only two cities that i like in the game.
3. rorikstead, just because i love how theres a song about a person from there that says "old rorikstead" when rorik himself is barely old.
4. dark brotherhood, has the most engaging questline.

skyrimbeast

1. i wanna say its eastmarch? the one with the amazing wastelands with hot springs.
2. ill say solitude since it feels more like skyrimish than riften, which are the only two cities that i like in the game.
3. rorikstead, just because i love how theres a song about a person from there that says "old rorikstead" when rorik himself is barely old.
4. dark brotherhood, has the most engaging questline.
Thanks, that is very interesting. I like it

Hygiliak

1 my favourite hold would be the pale or winterhold as they capture skyrim I believe
2 the capital would have to be windhelm or falkreath if winterhold had a better city maybe just well designed
3 village would be riverwood for the homey sorta feel to it
4 the companions just because they are warriors even though all the factions weren't amazing

skyrimbeast

1 my favourite hold would be the pale or winterhold as they capture skyrim I believe
2 the capital would have to be windhelm or falkreath if winterhold had a better city maybe just well designed
3 village would be riverwood for the homey sorta feel to it
4 the companions just because they are warriors even though all the factions weren't amazing
Thanks, that's awsome

Sweet Rolls

True Nord 4 lyf yo
Favourite Hold: Falkreath or The Rift, the Pine Forest is great for my alchemy and looks beautiful. The Rift is also very beautiful when sunny with the autumn colours and the huge lake.
Favourite Capital: Solitude (closely followed by Whiterun and Riften), has a Fletcher for my archery supplies, lovely architecture, the NPC's are nice, it's big and the house is nice.
Favourite Village: Riverwood, only "village" that can actually be classed as one IMO the others are just too small and I never visit them, plus Riverwood has a lovely setting.
Favourite Faction: The Thieves Guild, fits my character type, lots of money to be made, great characters, fun quest line and sweet armour if you become Guild Master.

skyrimbeast

Favourite Hold: Falkreath or The Rift, the Pine Forest is great for my alchemy and looks beautiful. The Rift is also very beautiful when sunny with the autumn colours and the huge lake.
Favourite Capital: Solitude (closely followed by Whiterun and Riften), has a Fletcher for my archery supplies, lovely architecture, the NPC's are nice, it's big and the house is nice.
Favourite Village: Riverwood, only "village" that can actually be classed as one IMO the others are just too small and I never visit them, plus Riverwood has a lovely setting.
Favourite Faction: The Thieves Guild, fits my character type, lots of money to be made, great characters, fun quest line and sweet armour if you become Guild Master.
Thanks. That is great. You even taught me something. And who is that archer fletchet

Zoa Two Tails

Cloak and Dagger Artist
1.Haffingar (Solitue is the capital of this)
2.Winterhold
3.Falkreath
4.The Companions

Docta Corvina

1. What's your fav hold? (including the wilderness). I'd say Haafingar, for the beauty of the landscape. I love the backdrop that Solitude has, with the sparkling waters and the mountainous terrain. Nearly all the holds are notably lovely in some way, however.
2. What's your fav capital? Overall, Riften. I know it's not much to look at, but I love the dreariness to it. Not to mention, it's home to my, well, home guild - and many of the more interesting characters (for better and for worse) are found there. Solitude comes in a very close second, for its location, its architectural beauty and because, well, it's the headquarters of the Legion - my other family.
3. What's your fav village? I'd say Riverwood. Maybe because it's one of those "starter-villages" or whatever you wanna call it. But it is in fact homey and calm and quite lovely. I'd love to live in a place like Riverwood someday. Will likely have to move to Europe to do that, I know. :p
4. What's your fav faction? I'd definitely have to say the Thieves Guild. They've become my family, of sorts. I don't get along with everyone in it but those I don't, I tend to avoid. Being Guild Master, I could boot them someday anyway. :coffee: And those I love, I embrace. Really, I think the TG has the best characters of all the guilds; they're quite varied in temperament and personality, and that makes it all the more interesting. And I mean, come on. The TG has Brynjolf. :cool: I am Arch Mage of the College of Winterhold in my Xbox play file, but that faction is quite secondary in my heart.

skyrimbeast

1. What's your fav hold? (including the wilderness). I'd say Haafingar, for the beauty of the landscape. I love the backdrop that Solitude has, with the sparkling waters and the mountainous terrain. Nearly all the holds are notably lovely in some way, however.
2. What's your fav capital? Overall, Riften. I know it's not much to look at, but I love the dreariness to it. Not to mention, it's home to my, well, home guild - and many of the more interesting characters (for better and for worse) are found there. Solitude comes in a very close second, for its location, its architectural beauty and because, well, it's the headquarters of the Legion - my other family.
3. What's your fav village? I'd say Riverwood. Maybe because it's one of those "starter-villages" or whatever you wanna call it. But it is in fact homey and calm and quite lovely. I'd love to live in a place like Riverwood someday. Will likely have to move to Europe to do that, I know. :p
4. What's your fav faction? I'd definitely have to say the Thieves Guild. They've become my family, of sorts. I don't get along with everyone in it but those I don't, I tend to avoid. Being Guild Master, I could boot them someday anyway. :coffee: And those I love, I embrace. Really, I think the TG has the best characters of all the guilds; they're quite varied in temperament and personality, and that makes it all the more interesting. And I mean, come on. The TG has Brynjolf. :cool: I am Arch Mage of the College of Winterhold in my Xbox play file, but that faction is quite secondary in my heart.
Thanks, loads of info there so that is great

ShenziSixaxis

Article Writer
1. What's your fav hold? (including the wilderness).
Either the Rift or Eastmarch. Either one.

2. What's your fav capital?
Whiterun. It's the perfect size city and has everything one needs in good locations.

3. What's your fav village?
There aren't too many settlements in Skyrim, but I think I'll say Riverwood.

4. What's your fav faction?
The mages of Winterhold.

Drewski

Relaxing on Revis Island, with Revis and Holmes :(
1) Probably The Reach. I love all those massive Redoubts and Waterfalls, and particularly Bards Leap Summit.

2) Have to say Whiterun . Most of my chars really call this home after all.

3) Riverwood . It's almost a fully fledged town, and has glorious Auroras...plus if it's pouring down, you can just chop wood and watch the world go by.

4) Not too fond of any, let's say The Bard's College to mess up your graph ;)

Fav Place:- Watching the sun go down from the chair a top of either of Valtheim Towers, while swigging down mead and wine (IRL too :D ---which reminds me, time to go have a mammoth Skyrim session)

skyrimbeast

1) Probably The Reach. I love all those massive Redoubts and Waterfalls, and particularly Bards Leap Summit.

2) Have to say Whiterun . Most of my chars really call this home after all.

3) Riverwood . It's almost a fully fledged town, and has glorious Auroras...plus if it's pouring down, you can just chop wood and watch the world go by.

4) Not too fond of any, let's say The Bard's College to mess up your graph ;)

Fav Place:- Watching the sun go down from the chair a top of either of Valtheim Towers, while swigging down mead and wine (IRL too :D ---which reminds me, time to go have a mammoth Skyrim session)
Thanks, once again another great opinion, every 1 opinion means a lot (to me anyway).
BTW thanks for the joke "let's say The Bard's College to mess up your graph ;)"

1. Either the Rift or Falkreath.
2. Riften, because it's where the thieves guild is, it's in a nice location and honeyside is a nice house.
3. Riverwood, because it's in a nice location.
4. Thieves guild, because it has an awesome story line and it requires stealth skills without having to murder anyone.

skyrimbeast

1. Either the Rift or Falkreath.
2. Riften, because it's where the thieves guild is, it's in a nice location and honeyside is a nice house.
3. Riverwood, because it's in a nice location.
4. Thieves guild, because it has an awesome story line and it requires stealth skills without having to murder anyone.
Thanks, I agree with most of them actually. cheers