• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

K'sharra Mar

I really like Whiterun as well. I have to admit that it reminded me of Rohan, too, and I keep having to remind myself that the Jarl's name is not Theoden.
I also like Morthal. It's a sort of small, unassuming town, but it's got this sense of melancholy that's almost poetic.

Ooshie_Mama

Mercenary and Assassin
I really like Falkreath because it has a more natural feel to it. The same can be said about Morthal, but Morthal seems a little too gloomy for me, even though Falkreath is the one with the huge cemetery. I also love that is it surrounded by forest, and with the Hearthfire DLC, it has my favorite house. My close to first, but second favorite is Riften. It gives off kind of a dark feel to it, kinda gloomy (but not as much as Morthal) and it has that little water way through it (sorry don't know what it's called). Also, I have been interested in quite a few or it's residence, although these damned vampires keep attacking the town and killing a few of them.....

Dr.Madness

Overlord of the Void
My favorite city? Markarth.

I love the dwarven architecture and the view from the guards' barracks is amazing (especially at sunset). Although....corruption, murder, a secret cannibal cult....Markarth is like the Detroit of Skyrim apparently. I guess that's part of its charm.

Dawnstar and Falkreath for me personally. Riften felt like a ripoff of Bravil. While making it familiar I was kinda underwhelmed.

Dawnstar was that place with some quests but was a "secondary location" compared to the other cities but I loved its layout and the fact it had a dock.

I feel like Riften is a more corrupt Bravil, I keep expecting to see S'krivva in the Bee and Barb, chilling with Marcurio on that bench.

sticky runes

Rfiten and Morthal are my favourites.
Riften because it's got a good mix of people - humans, elves and Argonians all living alongside each other (not split up like they are in Windhelm) and i love walking through that bustling market place in the center, and we've got the do-gooders in the temple of Mara and the scummy criminals living in the sewers beneath the city, so there's lots of fun to be had whatever morality type you decide to play with your character.
And Morthal because it has kind of a horror story/dark fairy tale vibe with it being right on the edge of a swamp and feeling really exposed to all the creatures that lurk out there, and the folk are all very superstitious which makes it a huge change from all the more civilized cities, I find Morthal to be a disturbingly beautiful setting.
Female jarls are awesome as well.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts