• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
I think Unrelenting force is wonderfully useful. But it's also the shout that give some of the most hilarious death-by-falling moments ever.

pizza man

SKYRIM: Level 47 Redguard
My favorite is Call of Valor for distractions and while dual wielding with dual flurry perk mastered elemental fury, it allows you to attack crazy fast once you dual wield with dual flurry level 2 / 2.

jam

I love become ethereal
I'm a fan of cliff diving because I'm too lazy to take the long way and it's great to use against really stronge mages to close distance so they don't one-hit you. Seems glitched though, since I can inflict damage when I use it.

Dragon Bourne

Long Live Paarthurnax!
I have also used Whirlwind to bridge the gap when I can't figure out how to lower a drawbridge in a quest. (Small drawbridges, not the Whiterun version.)

WrxScooby

I <3 My Subaru's
I guess my favorites would be slow time for the epic 300 style scenes you can create, but I do really like the Storm Call thought it was pretty awesome when I started the civil war and as I charged toward the front line sword drawn BAM! Big lighting strike right down on them right as I hit there forces. So epic.....

Lemnisc8

Bunny Protector and Thalmor Killer
Mine would be fire breath. I love using it in full dragon plate, just looks cool. Especially since its good on a wide range of enemies and lighting oil traps. The funniest thing is roasting bunnies and chickens!

Nooooooooo!

Leave those poor bunnies alone :sadface:

ExOxS

Sir Smoove
My personal favorite is the Storm Shout, but it just takes too long to regenerate, so I tend to keep Fire/Ice Breath on deck most of the time.

Stickeesox

Or as they say in France, Stickeesox.
Definitely Storm Call. Long lasting, high damage, changes the entire environment, and immensely pleasing. What's better than blotting out the sun, warping the sky, and instantly turning the world inhospitable for even friends as well as foes. R2 and done, very empowering.

BarbRoyle123

Double Agent
The fire breath shout has been the most fun by far, especially using it to ignite oil on the floor and watching multiple enemies keel over and die, although it is fun to Fus Ro Dah and watch enemies fall off bridges/cliffs

Mabe

It's great fun to Fus To Dah at the head of a big table and send plates and salmon steaks flying across the room.
You can also hold a dead bunny over your head, drop it just as you shout, sending the thing flying hundreds of feet. It's possible to punt them over city walls and make it rain dead bunnies in Whiterun.

ShenziSixaxis

Article Writer
Aura Whisper has saved my hide many times. I love it. It's perfect for me.

Throw Voice seems to be random. Sometimes it's useful, most of the time it's not. I do love the insults it uses, though.

Storm Call, eh, I dunno. I only used it the one time I needed to right after learning it when I had an elder and frost dragon pair tag team me in Skuldafn when I was level 16 or 17. Yeah... wasn't a fun fight, even on Novice level.

Honestly, I don't find much use in Unrelenting Force. Not any practical or real use, at least.

Has anyone ever used Dragonrend and have the dragon completely ignore it? I mean they are glowing and they were hit, but they fly on as usual.

The only time I have consecutively had this happen is when I use only the first word on a dragon in a place that doesn't have the best landing places (such as the woodlands in the Rift). Sometimes, maybe 1/5 of the time, dragons will generally ignore the first word, no matter the landing places, but they never hover and attack when they're glowing.

Dragon Bourne

Long Live Paarthurnax!
It's great fun to Fus To Dah at the head of a big table and send plates and salmon steaks flying across the room.
You can also hold a dead bunny over your head, drop it just as you shout, sending the thing flying hundreds of feet. It's possible to punt them over city walls and make it rain dead bunnies in Whiterun.

Oh the poor bunnies of Skyrim. I hope one day they make a mod where the bunnies fight back.

Wraith

The most consistantly useful shouts I've found are Aura Whisper and "Tiid" the level 1 slow time effect. X-ray Vision is a huge advantage in dungeons, especially if playing a stealth type. The Tiid shout at level 1 is almost perfect. You are slightly faster than normal and you can react with much more precision to effects than you can otherwise. Most things dont live through the level 1 version so longer ones are just a waste.

For fun though....I like when Draugr use Fus on me, I catch myself saying "Oh no no no, THIS is how it's done" and then I fus ro dah an entire rooms worth of furniture at them.

It's especially fun if you run the Thuumic mod cause you are actually shouting it back at them using your microphone.

Lemnisc8

Bunny Protector and Thalmor Killer
I did actually find a reliable way on the xbox to gain unlimited shouts (no cooldown needed after shouting) as of 1.3, but is done using a known exploit.

It was a lot of fun for a long time, but vastly overpowered.

I have no idea if it works on pc or ps3, but either way even that power broke the game for me so I stopped using it.