• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Jeruhmi

don't see why you would consider such term gender oriented... I mean, on the internet, you can just assume everyone is male if not specified but still.

nonetheless, I think it's sad how some people reject Khajiit and Argonians for that reason. Either because they are afraid of being accused of furry or because they hate furry fandom. anthropomorphism has always been part of human culture and yet people (or at least in internet) forget that and turn their heads toward an extreme sample of group which REALLY love anthropomorphism and sneer at them with disgusted looks.

well, at least the beast races are still pretty popular among TES fans
What exactly is anthropomorphism? Is that something to do with wanting to be an animal because you don't like being human?

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
What exactly is anthropomorphism? Is that something to do with wanting to be an animal because you don't like being human?
Uhh... No. It's a portrayal of animals and inanimate objects with human characteristics. Like talking animals from Aesop's fables or walking rabbit dressed in cloth from Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. It's nothing like what you described :\

Jeruhmi

Uhh... No. It's a portrayal of animals and inanimate objects with human characteristics. Like talking animals from Aesop's fables or walking rabbit dressed in cloth from Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. It's nothing like what you described :\
I don't really understand because that stuff doesn't really happen. It's all animated.

Jeruhmi

Oh right, that justifies what you were saying more. I understand you now. Just thought you were saying there's a scientific word for what's not real.

Renegader

Administrator
Staff member
It's just like personification but on animals as far as I see it.

To get back on topic, though, I myself don't really enjoy playing with races other than human.

Jeruhmi

Are there any races that have higher attributes than other races, or are they all equal in their own ways? I didn't really bother to research this when choosing my character, as I didn't want to dwell on character creation for too long.

Renegader

Administrator
Staff member
I'm pretty sure they would balance out all the races. One race may have a higher agility attribute while the other may have a higher strength.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
I'm pretty sure they would balance out all the races. One race may have a higher agility attribute while the other may have a higher strength.
In Skyrim they don't have attribute so technically, all races are equally fast, strong etc... but they each come with their own racial perk as well as initial skill level advantages.

Renegader

Administrator
Staff member
In Skyrim they don't have attribute so technically, all races are equally fast, strong etc... but they each come with their own racial perk as well as initial skill level advantages.

Ah, never knew that. So each race has its strengths and weaknesses so you can't really say there's a "best" race objectively, right?

Jeruhmi

That's what I'm thinking/hoping. I see the orc may be the better warrior race, but I personally hate the look of them. I guess I'll have to choose another race.

Jeruhmi

I think I saw from your other posts you are a warrior/healer. If I was you, I'd play a Nord just to fit more into the world.
A Nord, is that a white person by any chance? Not being racist, I just want my character to relate more to me.

Tusck

Fair enough. I never go that fair in creating my characters but it's cool that you do. I'm sure that it creates a ton of immersion. I tend to play non-human races. I would ask my girlfriend if that relates more to me but I'm not sure I'd like her answer.

Jeruhmi

Fair enough. I never go that fair in creating my characters but it's cool that you do. I'm sure that it creates a ton of immersion. I tend to play non-human races. I would ask my girlfriend if that relates more to me but I'm not sure I'd like her answer.
I mean I make decisions in-game based on what I personally think suits what I do. I'm not making much sense, lol...

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
A Nord, is that a white person by any chance? Not being racist, I just want my character to relate more to me.
Yup, Nords as white as it gets, I’d say. They were influenced by Scandinavian people, right?

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
Yup, Nords as white as it gets, I’d say. They were influenced by Scandinavian people, right?
Yeah, they are pretty much 'vikings' for Elder Scrolls, except with even more badass background. They used to have amazing ability of 'shouting' power like Dragon shouts. Some were so strong that they had to be quiet most of the time. A small moan shaked the earth... It's pretty complicated but they lost the strength of that ability a long ago.

Tusck

If I had to create a scale of "whiteness" in regards to races, I think I would go:

1. Imperials - They are like the white establishment, politicians who try to run everyone's lives.
2. Bretons - The nerdy smart science guys
3. Nord - The vikings raiders.

But that's just me. This is could a whole other thread! lol

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts