• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
While not in Skyrim, but the game Oblivion. I was often fond of the Colovian Highlands, around my castle Battlehorn. It was a beautiful county around Chorrol.

halcyondaiz

Finder of Warm Sands
Chorrol was one of my favorite haunts back in my Oblivion days. Frequented it almost as much as I did the Isles.

sticky runes

Moss Mother Cavern, and any other cave with lakes and forests inside it. Those sorts of places become intimate bathing spots for me and my spouse.

And the view of the sun setting from Septimus Signus' outpost is stunning.

Papoy

DON'T EXPECT SPOILER WARNINGS FROM ME
For me well.... plain west from Whiterun. Also woods a little north from Riften.
I like to turn on all sounds except music. Listening to my footsteps is calming me, and is kinda fun :D

JClarke1953

We (Serana & I) love the forest around Riften, the plains northwest of Whiterun, as well as anyplace very high up so we can see the countryside and enjoy a sunrise or sunset. As well the Aurora Borealis. The Hidden Vale is nice too, Serana always comments on its beauty,( I agree with Raido about the hides there. What point getting any if the coloring is gone?).

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
I always wondered if it was vanilla or something some random mod stuck in. I'll try to go back and find it again and map it.

[edit]
Just looked it up in the wiki and this gives a general idea of where it is:
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Frozen_Mammoth

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
We (Serana & I) love the forest around Riften, the plains northwest of Whiterun, as well as anyplace very high up so we can see the countryside and enjoy a sunrise or sunset. As well the Aurora Borealis. The Hidden Vale is nice too, Serana always comments on its beauty,( I agree with Raido about the hides there. What point getting any if the coloring is gone?).
Yeah I was bummed that they made such a cool texture and you only get to see it for such a brief time. It was kinda like the uber-cool design and render of the Alduin character model which you get to see up close for all of about 5 minutes in the entire game.

halcyondaiz

Finder of Warm Sands
I always wondered if it was vanilla or something some random mod stuck in. I'll try to go back and find it again and map it.

[edit]
Just looked it up in the wiki and this gives a general idea of where it is:
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Frozen_Mammoth

Thanks mate. I'll try to find it again tonight. Somehow I always seem to miss it. Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
I love all of the Rift and its usually the first region that I walk around and 'discover' all the locations. I particularly like the smallish mountain North of Riften (past Shors Stones) and I am so anno that I cant build a beautiful mansion up there! or even a small cottage... Im not fussy, I just want to live in the Rift countryside :p

Blackreach is amazing ONCE you know your way around. Its annoying the first time you go, but after spending some time there it really does look incredible!

I love the forgotten Vale for the same reason. A huge but really scenic area.

I also like the woods around Falkreath, especially near the DB Sanctuary. Perfect place for ambushes, hunting and... picnics :D

AJK

Ritterkreuz

I enjoy wondering the snowy forests just south of Dawnstar. South of Riften is a great area too.

W'rkncacnter

Mister Freeze
I like the Eldergleam Santuary (so long as I don't poke the tree).

Blackreach was amazing the first time through - now I just find it tedious.

halcyondaiz

Finder of Warm Sands
I've had a few there. It's a pretty easy place to fight them if you use the small doorway to the bridge as a safe haven.

Depending on my mood, I'll either force them to land in the courtyard, or use the doorway as a safe haven and fire off some arrows.

Usually though, those blasted wizards get the kill before I can fire a third arrow. Haha :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Caideus

Blackreach is one of those "forever annoying" places for me. [edit] It's a beautiful place, but something about it just wigs me out.
It does have a unique vibe to it. Only place that tops it in creepy, trippy weirdness is Herma-Mora's Apocrypha

After a while within the Aprocrapha (spelling) I started to feel home within that realm. Odd huh?

The Wanderer

Young Heritic
Since basically all of my characters hunt, I love areas like the Whiterun plains and the Rift. I also love Eastmarch.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts