• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

halcyondaiz

Finder of Warm Sands
Everyone has that one spot that they always find themselves returning to.

For me? It's the Forgotten Vale, the Plains of Whiterun, and of course, Throat of the World. Something about the view/environment always drags me back. Not to mention it's fun hunting in the Vale and Plains.

So what's yours?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AS88

Staff member
Riverwood, Bleak Falls Barrow, the top of Red Eagle's Redoubt, Lost Valley Redoubt, Arcwind Point, Solitude Docks (for the view), Shrine of Talos near Windhelm

To name some

Kaelbu

Lately I've found myself seeking out and returning to Dwemer ruins. The bronze fixtures and distinct stonework, are pretty. And it's fun to wonder what the different rooms were used for. Also... I find it immensely satisfying to sneak around and pick off the Falmer before they hear me coming.

halcyondaiz

Finder of Warm Sands
I also like the swamps around morthal... Even if they do give me the creeps sometimes.

Dwarven ruins still, after all this time, freak me out. I won't go in them alone, and I always drag along someone who is essential. But they still pick my interest. I'm pretty sure Serena hates me for always dragging her into one and then spazzing out on her.

Kaelbu

I also like the swamps around morthal... Even if they do give me the creeps sometimes.

Dwarven ruins still, after all this time, freak me out. I won't go in them alone, and I always drag along someone who is essential. But they still pick my interest. I'm pretty sure Serena hates me for always dragging her into one and then spazzing out on her.

Cicero is good to have around. Essential, plus he lightens the mood with his random rhymes and humming.
But I agree, they can be unnerving.

halcyondaiz

Finder of Warm Sands
Ahh I love Cicero, but unfortunately I'm stuck with Serana (for the moment) on this playthrough. Cicero cracks me up, especially when he whines about being hungry. I definitely wouldn't have survived my first ruin without him. (Well, I would have survived, but he definitely helped lighten the mood and may or may not have taken down a centurion while I hid and recovered health.)

Gigapact

Lollygagging Milk Drinker (according to guards)
I absolutely love the area around Riften, once you get outside of the fog. The trees are so colorful full of oranges, reds, etc. Although, you do run into quite a few Spriggans (spelling) and animals. But, nonetheless, it's still stunning, even when you get up in those mountains.

Really, I like any place with greenery and beautiful water that has NO fog. The fog gets annoying after a while, and I'm not a fan of where it's snowing very hard (like around Winterhold) because that's a pain to see through sometimes. I also don't mind some areas around Falkreath either, some are very nice, like around Lakeview Manor (Hearthfire).

Dayspring canyon is also pretty, also the certain areas at the end of Dwarven ruins that have the giant glowing mushrooms and blue tinted water. Oh, and the giant's cave that you get sent to during Malacath's quest, it's absolutely stunning (not sure if it's a marked location). During Dawnguard, that place that you are sent to when you get the moths to surround you is also absolutely beautiful.

Last but not least, that place you're sent to during the Hircine quest to track down that guy that turns into a werewolf. Very beautiful.

Sorry I can't remember a lot of the names..... :sadface:

halcyondaiz

Finder of Warm Sands
I forgot about the moth place in Dawnguard! That place is gorgeous. :)

Irish

Thane of Solitude
I really like the birch woods surrounding Riften and find myself going there quite often when not doing any quests. Fall is my favorite season, so for me, what's not to love?

I also find my character walking along the shores of the Sea of Ghosts. The icy, glacial scenery is beautiful in its own way, I suppose, and I never fail to find an unidentified location there (one that doesn't show on the map). Lots of depressing stories and allusions of such, but I find it quite peaceful.

Another one that never gets old is the Eldergleam Sanctuary. That and the moth place in Dawnguard are gorgeous.

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
Blackreach is one of those places for. It was irritating the first time I was there and had no idea where I was nor where I was going, but after going back a time or two, I pretty much know my way around.

Forgotten Vale in Dawnguard is also a place I like much for very similar reasons. I wish though you could use the vale animal hides and whatever you made with it kept the coloration.

halcyondaiz

Finder of Warm Sands
Blackreach is one of those "forever annoying" places for me. Something about the atmosphere just aggravates me. And the wisp mother I was ambushed by probably didn't help my feelings. It's a beautiful place, but something about it just wigs me out.

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
I also find my character walking along the shores of the Sea of Ghosts. The icy, glacial scenery is beautiful in its own way, I suppose, and I never fail to find an unidentified location there.
That is a cool area. I had logged 700-something hours in the game before I ever came across the mammoth frozen in ice with battle-axes stuck in it. It was one of those "how have I never seen that before" moments.

TESV2013-11-1718-25-33-00-1.png

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
Blackreach is one of those "forever annoying" places for me. [edit] It's a beautiful place, but something about it just wigs me out.
It does have a unique vibe to it. Only place that tops it in creepy, trippy weirdness is Herma-Mora's Apocrypha

halcyondaiz

Finder of Warm Sands
Agreed! Sovengarde pre-Alduin's battle gave me that creepy vibe too, but I think it was just the fog tripping me out. Never knew what could be hiding in it, I suppose.

Ciocal Gricenchos

Cichol Grigenchosach
Whenever the sky is clear, it's the middle of the night, and the aurora borealis shines, I stop, look up, and just stare for a while. It's extra special in places like the Rift and the Pale. I guess that's why I hang around those places the most.

halcyondaiz

Finder of Warm Sands
I also find my character walking along the shores of the Sea of Ghosts. The icy, glacial scenery is beautiful in its own way, I suppose, and I never fail to find an unidentified location there.
That is a cool area. I had logged 700-something hours in the game before I ever came across the mammoth frozen in ice with battle-axes stuck in it. It was one of those "how have I never seen that before" moments.

TESV2013-11-1718-25-33-00-1.png

Sad fact: I've logged in over 800 hours on 6 different characters and have yet to see the mammoth in the ice for myself. I never can seem to find it. :sadface:

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts